Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Roinsmom, I have a follow up with Dr. Nussbaum next Monday. I'm curious to see what his scale says too. My second fill is definitely giving me restriction. The last three days for some reason, I've been pb-ing every time I eat something solid. I can handle Soup, refried Beans etc. but once I try and put something solid, like scallops..it comes right back up.

I think I might be overfilled but why would it start happening almost a week and a half after my fill? It doesn't make sense. I'm sticking with it for a few more days. I'm thinking it might have something to do with my allergies which have been really awful lately.:phanvan

edited to add...Hey I just noticed are tickers say the same thing!! Same amount lost, same total amount to lose!!!

Chew, chew, chew...

I had my first fill on 10/2. At the time I didn't have much restriction, but now can definately tell something is differant "in there". I eat A LOT less and if I don't chew until more than mush, it gets stuck and I feel like I am having a heart attack. When this happens, the pain is some of the worst I have ever experianced (except migraines) and I have to tell myself, the pain is worth it if it keeps me chewing and loosing weight.

Other than that, things are going great for me!

Everyone that is having complications are in my thoughts and prayers daily!!! Hang in there, especially Pebbles!!!

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers and good wishes. I'm tryin to hang in there but its gettin tough Thanks for all the support

I don't know....Although I'm very short (formerly petite) and that dress is definitely a taller girl's dress, I cannot imagine ever fitting into it, even when I was a size 6. I would be trying to talk the bride into a safer choice.

However...More power to you!

I don't know....Although I'm very short (formerly petite) and that dress is definitely a taller girl's dress, I cannot imagine ever fitting into it, even when I was a size 6. I would be trying to talk the bride into a safer choice.

However,,,More power to you!

I'm 5'9" with long legs, so hopefully the dress will look okay on me. I've doubled my treadmill time and bought hand weights to do tricep exercises. I'm working hard and keeping my fingers crossed!!

What I found interesting is that my fill feels different every day. I felt tighter the first week of my first fill. Then it felt looser for awhile and then it went back to feeling more restrictive. Right now I feel wide open again, but oddly there are still moments when I feel a little restriction. While I don't want to PB (and I did experience twice after my first fill -yuk), I really need to feel a restriction. My weight though goes up a pound, down a pound but holds steady.

Roinsmom, I have a follow up with Dr. Nussbaum next Monday. I'm curious to see what his scale says too. My second fill is definitely giving me restriction. The last three days for some reason, I've been pb-ing every time I eat something solid. I can handle Soup, refried Beans etc. but once I try and put something solid, like scallops..it comes right back up.

I think I might be overfilled but why would it start happening almost a week and a half after my fill? It doesn't make sense. I'm sticking with it for a few more days. I'm thinking it might have something to do with my allergies which have been really awful lately.:phanvan

edited to add...Hey I just noticed are tickers say the same thing!! Same amount lost, same total amount to lose!!!

Chew, chew, chew...

.......I eat a LOT less and if I don't chew until more than mush, it gets stuck and I feel like I am having a heart attack. When this happens, the pain is some of the worst I have ever experianced (except migraines) and I have to tell myself, the pain is worth it if it keeps me chewing and loosing weight....

I had something really weird happen to me the other day. I got a salad (at Corner Bakery) and ate about half. I was fine. Almost two hours later, I suddenly had that pain, and intense bloating. The pain went away in about a half hour (I felt like I was going to DIE), but the bloating lasted another day or so. Why would it take TWO HOURS for me to feel bad? Now I am freaked about eating too much, because even though I feel fine after the meal, it could bother me two hours later?

If I could get that damned ticker to work right, it would show that I am down 50 pounds!!!

I had something really weird happen to me the other day. I got a salad (at Corner Bakery) and ate about half. I was fine. Almost two hours later, I suddenly had that pain, and intense bloating. The pain went away in about a half hour (I felt like I was going to DIE), but the bloating lasted another day or so. Why would it take TWO HOURS for me to feel bad? Now I am freaked about eating too much, because even though I feel fine after the meal, it could bother me two hours later?

I don't know if it is necessarily from overeating, but rather gas. I am wondering if the pain and bloating you experianced was caused by the salad. In many books I have read about the LB it says don't eat salads due to excess gas they can cause. I tried not to eat them for about a month and a half after surgery, but it just wasn't happening. I am ADDICTED to salads and that was something I wasn't willing to give up. I do try to take Gax-X right after I eat a salad to prevent the gas and bloating and it seems to help. My best advice is to try Gas-X and see what it does for you.

You're right - I have had a TERRIBLE problem with gas since the surgery, with huge loud farts. And Constipation, too! Gas X was doing nothing for me. I finally found "Digestive Advantage Gas Prevention Therapy", which is a non-drug pill (or two) that you take once a day. That has made it a lot better. I want to eat more Fiber, for the constipation, but I am afraid of getting more gas. I love salads, too....

Hello to everyone..

I am a new member, I just got banded Friday 10/6/06 YAY!!!!.... Today is Sunday, I feel alot better, but still feel like I'm filled with air.....I know I'm supposed to take off the big gauze today, and leave the butterfly stitches on... but what about the other smaller gauze??... am I supposed to remove those?? I've asked this question to the nurses, but just for peace of mind... I figured I'd ask on here....Thanks for your help

Hello to everyone..

I am a new member, I just got banded Friday 10/6/06 YAY!!!!.... Today is Sunday, I feel alot better, but still feel like I'm filled with air.....I know I'm supposed to take off the big gauze today, and leave the butterfly stitches on... but what about the other smaller gauze??... am I supposed to remove those?? I've asked this question to the nurses, but just for peace of mind... I figured I'd ask on here....Thanks for your help

Hi Houston!

Sugar Land here. First, a big welcome :welcome: to you and congratulations on your surgery. :clap2: :clap2: I'm curious about who your doctor was.

About your note -- you are filled with air -- they put CO2 or some other form of gas in the abdomen to make it easier to see what they are doing . Then your job post-surgery is to walk as often as possible and get the gas out. Gas X worked for me, but doesn't always for everyone. Expect and be grateful for however the gas chooses to leave your body.

I was told to let the little coverings over the incisions fall off by themselves. It won't take too long, but they won't look that great by the end.

Let us know how you are doing. If you want to find out how to get the cool ticker that many have on their signatures, go the forum on FAQ's and references and there's a post there that will talk you through the process. Just remember to follow the same steps each time you want to update your numbers.

Jo Ann

Thanks so Much Joann

Ironically I'm also Joanne... My doctor is Dr. Spiegel... the reason I was asking about the other gauze over the other smaller incisions... was because I thought we couldn't get them wet... but I guess I was wrong...

Thanks again for the info Joann... and I will be looking into getting that ticker

:biggrin1:

Chew, chew, chew...

I had my first fill on 10/2. At the time I didn't have much restriction, but now can definately tell something is differant "in there". I eat A LOT less and if I don't chew until more than mush, it gets stuck and I feel like I am having a heart attack. When this happens, the pain is some of the worst I have ever experianced (except migraines) and I have to tell myself, the pain is worth it if it keeps me chewing and loosing weight.

Other than that, things are going great for me!

Everyone that is having complications are in my thoughts and prayers daily!!! Hang in there, especially Pebbles!!!

I was also filled on 10/02 for the first time and I had NO restriction until about 2 days ago, then all of a sudden I could barely eat again! Its weird because you'd think that you'd have a lot up front and then it would fade but its the opposite.... I have noticed that I can't eat much at one sitting but I still get hungry about 3 hours later so I feel like I'm eating small amounts all day long, is anyone else having this???