Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aetna Sleevers - Share Your Approval And/or Denial Experiences Here!

Called today and was told they approved it yesterday! I am so excited.

YaY!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have a date yet?!

Next day?!? So jealous as I had to wait a tortuous THREE WEEKS!

So awesome for you! CONGRATS!

No date yet for me. They had submitted a date of 10/15 to insurance. Since I found that out on 9/28, I started my pre-op diet on 10/1 (3 shakes and a small meal). I hope it works out for that date, but we will see. I see the surgeon on Friday.

Next day?!? So jealous as I had to wait a tortuous THREE WEEKS!

So awesome for you! CONGRATS!

Yah, but you're still getting sleeved before me, so YOU WIN!!! ;)

I also have completed the 3mo program for Aetna. My issue is that the woman they have handling my paperwork at the surgeons office is impossible to get ahold of or to get her to respond to you. Very frustrating. Apparently the office now has everything to submit to Aetna but I have no idea to know if they even did it yet!!!! For anyone that has called Aetna to check on the status, what do you ask them?

No fair my surgeon is making me do the full six months....Had my 4th weigh in yesterday down 18 lbs... Tryong like hell to maintain it and lose 4 more. Driving me nuts

I have Aetna as well. I'm not sure if they submitted yet or not. I'm definitely calling the coordinator Tuesday. They may be waiting for my psych, cardiac & EGD results, but idk. They told me before that I already made the 3 months & that it takes up to a month to hear back. I'm curious now!!! :)

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW)

I was told by Aetna that they are required to respond within 7-14 days.

Thanks for giving me hope!

I go next month for my 4th & final weight mgt session that I was required to do for Aetna. I am so nervous about my insurance approval turn around time, once all the paperwork is submitted. I know I have meet my deductable & they will cover 90% of the hospital. I don't have a clue what the hospital will be and they won't tell me anything until the insurance has approved me. I am hoping and praying my approval process goes as smoothly and quickly as all of yours.... Once againg thanks for giving me hope

My paperwork was sent to Aetna on the 15th, this monday will be 2 weeks now.... I've called them twice now and it's still under review, but they gave me my reference number so its easier to look up when I call. I'm biting my nails here waiting for a response. They said the turn around time just depends on how busy they are.... Grrrrr, and to top it off my surgeons is booked up all thru november already and most of december! I would hate to have to wait till January and then have to meet my deductible all over again for the year! Fingers crossed they have an answer soon.

I waited 1 day short if 3 weeks for my approval. My coworker on had to wait 5 days!! I was so pissed!

Having issues with Aetna. I received a letter saying they need documentation of obesity for the past two years.... Well I have been obese since about 13, now 31.... And I have documentation from then till now with the exception of the past 2 years! The 1st year I was under prenatal care and even though I was labeled high risk due to obesity, they will not accept pregnancy weight. And then this past year I had never had a need to see a doctor, so I'm at a bit of a loss with Aetna right now. Hopefully the surgeons office can figure something else they can submit to insurance.

srs, I heard the 2 year weight thing is a big deal. I was lucky to be able to dig up an ER record that had my weight on it from 2010, since I never went to the doc that year. Even though I had documentation for 2009 and 2011. Apparently, I might have been svelte that year in between. ;o)

My surgery center said it all depends on the mood of the person reviewing it. Great, huh?!

Submitted to Aetna last week. Called today and they said it should take 15 days because it goes to nurse for review then to medical review after that. So how do some people get approved in 1-3 days?!

Submitted Aetna last monday I called today and they said the sent over a request to my surgeons office requesting my clinicals on 11/5 and that they have not received anything back and that if the dont comply they will deny me.... so yall know I called my drs office and I was nice but the trick on the phone had the audacity to have an attitude.... I politley sent an email to her boss and let them know I pay my insurance so that I can get service so that u can get paid. The office manger personally call aetna and me to try to speed things up.... so im giving them until friday at the latest monday because that will make 14 days. Ughhhhhhhh