Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laying In The Hospital Bed.

Glad you are over the surgery portion' date=' hope and pray all goes well in the days and weeks to come. Keep us posted. I am supposed to get sleeved next week but my Cardiologist wants me to have a stress test tomorrow. I am not sure if that will delay my surgery date. I am excited as well. Would like to add you as a friend as well. God bless.[/quote']

Good luck! How did everything go? When is your surgery scheduled. Thoughts and prayers for you as well.

Congrats! Glad you're doing so well. Ever since surgery my drinks have to be ice cold. I was chomping on ice chips in the hospital' date=' only way I could get the Water down.[/quote']

Me too, I had cups of ice lined up all over the place. Do you still have that problem? Also how long ago was your surgery?

I'm happy for you and wish you a speedy recovery enjoy your babies. Many blessings

Thank you very much!

Good luck! How did everything go? When is your surgery scheduled. Thoughts and prayers for you as well.

10/13/12 update

Had my surgery on Tuesday 10/09. Found out the day before I was approved. I was in an emotional rollercoater. Day 2 & 3 were tough. Now, I'm feeling stronger and am already seeing results. Thank you for prayers. Take care.

10/13/12 update

Had my surgery on Tuesday 10/09. Found out the day before I was approved. I was in an emotional rollercoater. Day 2 & 3 were tough. Now' date=' I'm feeling stronger and am already seeing results. Thank you for prayers. Take care.[/quote']

Oct. 20th update

I went to my doc two days ago, 24 lbs gone!!! Woohoo! I feel great. My boys were surprised to see how different I look. They are proud of me they say and that alone means the world to me. My insulin was cut out and my pills for diabetes cut down to one a day and doc said many more meds will be coming off of my list on the 15th when I see him again. This is what I am talking about!!! This is why I had this surgery done. Nice, little clothes too but HEALTH first!!! This will be my last week home and I plan to get a new haircolor, facial, pedicure, manicure, new makeup, clothes, one new perfume. Yup, it's all about me! Something I find so hard to do... I deserve it and I am so going for it!!! Good luck to all in recovery along with me. My prayers are with you and all future sleevers as well. Love you Sleeve Family!!!

Oct. 20th update

I went to my doc two days ago' date=' 24 lbs gone!!! Woohoo! I feel great. My boys were surprised to see how different I look. They are proud of me they say and that alone means the world to me. My insulin was cut out and my pills for diabetes cut down to one a day and doc said many more meds will be coming off of my list on the 15th when I see him again. This is what I am talking about!!! This is why I had this surgery done. Nice, little clothes too but HEALTH first!!! This will be my last week home and I plan to get a new haircolor, facial, pedicure, manicure, new makeup, clothes, one new perfume. Yup, it's all about me! Something I find so hard to do... I deserve it and I am so going for it!!! Good luck to all in recovery along with me. My prayers are with you and all future sleevers as well. Love you Sleeve Family!!![/quote']

That is amazing!!! So happy for you. It's a wonderful feeling. Can't wait to hear more updates.

Hi I hope your doing better and good luck on your journey :))) I go see a surgeon on Wednesday this week and I will talk about the sleeve and the Lap band I'm undecided what should I do ??? Did you think about the band at all ??

Hi I hope your doing better and good luck on your journey :))) I go see a surgeon on Wednesday this week and I will talk about the sleeve and the Lap band I'm undecided what should I do ??? Did you think about the band at all ??

I'm almost 3 weeks post-op and I feel amazing! My only issue is the heartburn' date=' but the meds are helping. I started my pre-op diet (high protein/low carb) on 8/21 and was sleeved on 10/1. I am officially down 37 lbs and I couldn't be happier. When I went in for my initial consult I was dead set on having the Lap Band, I hadn't really looked at anything else. But I ended up doing a lot of research on the sleeve, band and bypass during my 6 month medically supervised diet. I even made a pros and cons list, which will be different for everyone. Personally I found the sleeve the best fit for me. Accordingly to research and my surgeon, 40% of people who get band have to go back for a revision surgery due to it slipping, buckling or causing an ulcer. Besides the fact that there seemed to be to much leeway with the band. I was told by my surgeon, if you want to go on vacation and splurge then you can come in and we'll take the Fluid out. I thought to myself "what's the sense in that, you give me an inch and I'll take a mile." My insurance wouldn't approve me for the sleeve right away because my BMI wasn't 50, but they would cover the bypass at BMI of 40. My husband wasn't completely onboard with the idea of having the bypass and I was having some doubts. 4 days before my surgery I got a call that BCBS had changed their guidelines and I was now approved for the sleeve. One of the greatest calls I've ever gotten. I recommend doing your research on all the procedures and see which one will fit your lifestyle best. Good luck in your journey and keep me posted.

post-69573-13838396414344_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]5705[/ATTACH]

post-37061-13813660526013_thumb.png

Hi Sarah:) I am new to this site too. I had my surgery on 10/8. I just saw your picture of your IV in your arm. Ouch! We're you able to move around after with it in your arm? Normally, they put it in your hand. Anyway, I feel the same way you do. I can't wait to drop this weight and go out and live life! Good luck to you.

I am four weeks post op and I'm down 25lbs. I never have outhe band a thought. I agree that yu should so some research. I has to go through classes before surgery and after hearing from doctors, surgeons, nut etc i would not do the band. Only loose between 30-50 lbs it can slip to much leeway and just the fact that the band could erode around your stomach is scary. I also heard that over 50% of those tht have the band wind up have another surgery and its the sleeve.

Hi Sarah:) I am new to this site too. I had my surgery on 10/8. I just saw your picture of your IV in your arm. Ouch! We're you able to move around after with it in your arm? Normally, they put it in your hand. Anyway, I feel the same way you do. I can't wait to drop this weight and go out and live life! Good luck to you.

The IV placement wasn't an issue until it infiltrated on my second day. They had to remove and replace it about 3:00 am one morning while I was waiting on my pain meds. The nurse tried 2 different sites and blew both of them. After that it only took 3 more people to finally get it right, around 6:00am. Needless to say I was in quite a bit of pain by this point.

post-69573-13838396415065_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]5706[/ATTACH]

post-37061-13813660526224_thumb.png

The IV placement wasn't an issue until it infiltrated on my second day. They had to remove and replace it about 3:00 am one morning while I was waiting on my pain meds. The nurse tried 2 different sites and blew both of them. After that it only took 3 more people to finally get it right' date=' around 6:00am. Needless to say I was in quite a bit of pain by this point.

[/quote']

My iv also infiltrated in my hand and its still slightly swollen:-( how about yours?

I'm so glad your insurance let you have the sleeve! You will love it. Hope you have an easy recovery!

Do you know what the advantage is to adding people as friends? I'm always happy to see when someone has added me' date=' but I always wonder why.[/quote']

I wonder how to do it lol

I also have a question for guys. My surgeon said if things go ok I'll be in the hospital one night MAYBE two. The releasing is a little quicker as the procedure is for laparoscopically AND with the DaVinci robot. But what did you guys pack? I know I have to walk right after surgery but I don't know if I should bring my own pjs? What kind of bra? Houseshoes? Toiletries? Protein stuff and supplements? Thanks in advance!

Liz

I also have a question for guys. My surgeon said if things go ok I'll be in the hospital one night MAYBE two. The releasing is a little quicker as the procedure is for laparoscopically AND with the DaVinci robot. But what did you guys pack? I know I have to walk right after surgery but I don't know if I should bring my own pjs? What kind of bra? Houseshoes? Toiletries? Protein stuff and supplements? Thanks in advance!

Liz

Hi! As usual I over-packed formy VSG on 10/11/12. Chapstick and iPhone charger, hair and toothbrush/paste was all I used. I brought pjs, robe, slippers, makeup, skin care, manicure supplies, books, cards-you would've thought I was going for a month! Supposed to stay 2 nights-released a day early so only one night. The hospital gown works best, so many things attached to you, regular nightgowns get in the way.I could have used my robe over shoulders while walking,but was too bulky, used another hospital gown over shoulders. Too naeaus to read, skimmed through an US weekly magazine. No cards. No books. No manicure. No makeup. Same clothes home that I wore there. My husband was a bit annoyed since he carried everything (too bad!). Pack sparsely - you'll be home before you know it! Ggod luck, sweetie!