Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is My Stomach Holding Too Much?

So I started soft foods today - and started out with some mashed potatoes.

I bought the cheap microwave potatoes that you just add Water too - added a little more Water so they were not super thick

They were SO good.

But...I just sort of think my stomach is holding more than I thought it would.

I really thought I would have a few bites and be full. I was able to eat half of the container; probably about 1 cup - until I stopped myself - just in case - and gave the rest to my three year old.

Is this normal?

Like I said, I really thought my new stomach wouldn't hold 1 cup at a time.

Is it because its soft foods - or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

I was also able to hold a bit more with soft foods. Potatoes will slide thru easier which is why they get limited once you move to solids.

i've felt the same thing. i have been eating low fat/sodium deli meat and string cheese, and i can def fell the capacity with Proteins. i feel endless with veggies and carbs, so definitely eat the Protein first and pretty much only.

whewww....thanks.

I was getting concerned.

I need to look up more "soft" Protein options

Thanks for all your help.

I was told to start with some kind of Protein first. chicken salad, pimento cheese, cottage chesse. Something that's going to give sustained energy. I can eat cheese and Peanut Butter as well. Potatoes, chips, crackers should be avoided as much as possible. I've found this things make me want more of them and carbs are horrible for me

Once you start eating Protein you will feel the restriction, mashed potatoes are defiantly a slider food.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Once you start eating dense Protein you will feel the restriction' date=' mashed potatoes are defiantly a slider food.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Sent from my iPhone using VST

My doctor said my stomach should hold 4 ounces (about 1/2 a cup) he said it will stretch if I eat more than that at a time. I've seen every doctor says something different but I'm happy with it. What does your doctor say?

I'm also 3 weeks out. Today I made shredded pork for the family and decided to throw some in the blender- I was nervous to eat meat. I was hungry too and it smelled so good. I probabaly had 2-3 ounces an was stuffed-

Eat Protein first :-) funny because I had all these big plans to eat cottage cheese after or something with it anyway. No can do. Eating SF Popsicle a half hour later to satisfy my sweet craving. I want a candy bar!