Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why No More Dr.kelly Threads?

What's with the personal vendetta against Dr. Kelly? Again' date=' I find it suspicious. Every person chooses a physician that THEY feel comfortable with. Be it Kelly, Garcia, Ponce...as long as WE are happy with our care and outcomes. I believe it is wrong to destroy a reputation with unsubstantiated claims. Its called defamation. I for one switched from Garcia to Kelly just because of such ridiculous tactics by coordinators. I felt as a healthcare professional that such board postings and rumors were unethical and I don't want to deal with such business people. For goodness sake! Every surgeon gets a fair share...its not like there aren't enough of us to go around lol. Many surgeons are doing 5+ surgerys a day..really??! If you have a PERSONAL experience good or bad by all means, its a public forum for information. But if you're just posting unproven, unsubstantiated rumor with no legitimate sources it is unappreciated and unwarranted. Good luck in the search for a doctor YOU are comfortable with.[/quote']

You said you switched him from Garcia because of the tactics of the coordinators.. What would that have been. Sense you experience is substantiated?

You said you switched him from Garcia because of the tactics of the coordinators.. What would that have been. Sense you experience is substantiated?

Not that a challenge should be issued here as to WHY I switched surgeons, Im not the one attacking any particular surgeon. I think they are all good choices. I personally just didn't want to go through a third party or a business "tug of war", but there are "undercover " posts on the bariatric boards by coordinators. Coordinators did a bait and switch tactic when Dr. Kelly first broke away from them. Pressured clients into using their docs and even hacked Kellys email account which took him several days to fix.

I went to Dr Kelly on May 25th, I'm 19 wks post op and 89 lbs down including my 3 wk pre-op diet. I had a great experience and still have frequent contact with Dr Kelly and Omar. I didn't have any complications and the hospital was very clean.

You know, I have been considering this surgery for a long time. When I spoke about it to friends and family I was sternly reprimanded and talked down to like I was crazy.

sooo to feel better I got lipo... two years later and I'm back in the same place if not worse than the Lipo and wishing I would have follow my first instinct to have bariatric surgery.

I started doing all the research went through my insurance and everything only to find that my insurance ALSO HAD THAT DAMNNNNNNNNNNN clause which doesn’t cover bariatric surgery.

So I figured out if I self-paid for Lipo in Dominican Republic, I’m going to have to save up and do this on my own.

This time I didn’t tell anyone but my husband.

When I started researching Mexico, I decided I wanted Alvarez right off the bat and then..... I got his price and almost cried jajaja.

I knew I couldn’t afford him especially as I was going to have to pay this by myself with no one’s help.

Sooooo my second choice was Kelly and only because I had heard less of him than Alvarez.

Eventually I researched a few more and still came back to Kelly. I’m glad I did and I have set my date for February 25th 2013

I hope my experience is a good as everyone else that I have heard has had a positive outcome with him.

I was also sleeved in Mexico on 8/02. My Dr does not use a drain and I had a perfect recovery. I asked about a drain and he said the normal procedure is no drain unless he is doing a revision. Drains are another way to introduce bacteria into your abdominal cavity. I personally did not want one, so I am thankful he does not use them unless it is needed. I did much research and chose Dr. Alvarez and he is an amazing surgeon. He costs more $ but I was willing to pay it and I have never been sorry.