Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico Octosleevers! Add Your Name, Date And Surgeon!

Is their an Octosleeve thread?

Is their an Octosleeve thread?

Yes ma'am, there's October Sleevers! Announce yourselves!

And October Sleevers?

They're really great and there's a TON of posts and Sleevers. I think there's almost 250?

Bellybutton incision oozing yellow drainage. Cleaned it well and added antibiotics cream. Had a small hematoma near same place that has shrunk. Any other suggestions?

Hey there! I want to start a thread of sleevers who are going to Mexico in October. I have found a couple people who have their surgeries scheduled and it's really nice to be in contact with others who may be there around the same time. I'm going to Tijuana for surgery with Dr Garcia October 27. I'll be staying at the Marriott for 3 nights total with 2 days at Mi Doctor Hospital for the actual surgery and recovery. If there are others going to Mexico ' date=' but not in October, feel free to post also: I've found it so helpful to find others in the same boat as myself...

I'll make a list if there are enough people to generate one. Good luck! We're gonna rock this thing ;-)[/quote']

Hi

How is that doctor I'm doing research . I need Help to fined good doctor

Well Hello there...(said all sultry like)...

Anywho Im set for October the 25th with Dr. Garcia. I booked through A Lighter me' date=' my coordinator is the lovely Janese:-) . I arrive on the 24th and leave on the 29th! Back to work on the 30th! ps...isn't zenoosh awesome![/quote']

Can you give me more information about that doctor please and I need his phone number

Thank you

Zenoosh don't freak you will do great I have already had my revision with Dr Garcia on Sept 10th and he is awesome! The nurses will take good care of you. FYI: ask for a pillow top bed at the Marriot' date=' I got one without and it was hard as a rock![/quote']

Can you send me his phone number please

Surgery with Dr. Garcia on 10-19-2012..after so much research the decision is made......

Good LUCK

He uses coordinators, I used alightme and the coordinator i used was Janese and her direct number is 7145168193..nights and weekends

Good LUCK

Good luck, hippychic! We're all thinking of you!

Zenoosh, I'd like to thank you for starting this thread and being everyone's cheerleader, you help keep everyone motivated and positive.

I'm now 9 days post op and doing well. I should be 10 days, but I didn't actually have my surgery untill 1:30AM on the 9th. I was lucky I had no gas pain whatsoever, but made up for it in stomach muscle pain (I also had my gallbladder out) my stomach looks like I was the loser in a knife fight. 7 incisions including the drain. :wacko: Honestly I don't care how many holes there are, the surgeries were successful and I'm safe and sound. I'm also down 20 pounds. Wow!

What you having lap band or VSG?

Everyone on this thread is a sleever

Yea, Sherri!!! Great to hear you're doing well!! That was funny about your tummy being on the losing end of a knife fight...im sure you weren't laughing but it was an effective analogy :-) Its my pleasure to keep tabs on our Mexico peeps...i am soooo stoked that you're okay, and doing so well already!! My date is FAST approaching, and ill tell ya one thing: hearing your positive experiences makes me feel really confident in my decision to go to Mexico. Thanks :-D Happy healing and keep being a "loser"...

Good luck today, Diamondeyed and Mexico! Were all thinking of you!

I took the train down to San Diego on 10-9-2012, and was picked up by Abraham, with A Lighter Me. I stayed at the Marriott that night. The popcicles and Soup are horrific, so bring your own! Trust me!!! My Coordinator was the lovely Janese. I swear that woman is sn angel undercover!!

I had surgery 10-10-12 with Dr Lopez and his wife at Mi hospital. They are very professional, organized, and Thorough. The Hospital is very clean, so don't worry about that rumor. I went alone, but met three amazing women from all over the Country, and we bonded like sisters. I was lucky enough to share my room with one of my new sleeve sisters, which made it fly by. I was the last surgery of my group, and was very nervous. When I woke up I felt pretty darn good. I was in complete and total shock! The gas bugged the four of us the most. My roomy and I could barely stay awake afterward, so we didn't walk enough. Walking is the most important thing you can do!!! We asked to be taken off pain meds at that point, so they just gave us Toradol.

I did one week of clear liquid... Just started full liquid this Wed, it is much harder than I'd expected. It is difficult to get my Protein drinks and my Water in. I have only been able to get up to about 48 oz of Water. I used to drink nearly 100 oz, so this is hard on me.

pudding made me sick, so that was a no go:(

My swelling is going down, which makes me feel better, I look less like a watermelon than I did.

I have only lost about 5 pounds post op, which is a little upsetting, even gained one back somehow. Just trying to stay positive and realize my body is in shock, attempting to heal, and more than likely squirreling away my water:)

One more thing... I was born and raised in CA. My friends and I have been going to Mexico since before we were the legal drinking age. Mexico is full of lovely people. Just like any Country, there are bad eggs. You will not be far from the border, and Abraham will drive you wherever you want to go. He took us shopping, out for Soup, etc. Always be smart and aware in ANY foreign Country. Leave your bling at home.

Eduardo is the other Coordinator that will care for you in Mexico. These guys are top notch, and make sure you have everything, whether you think you need it or not. PS- Eduardo always smells so good, so you know when he's around. Ordered the Cologne for my hubby it was so good! Total side bar, sorry.

I would do it all over again the exact same way, I felt very safe there.

Any questions, please ask.