Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused About Protein Drinks!

I'm so confused about what should I be looking for in a Protein Drink. I've been using Muscle Milk Lite, but I bought a package of slimfast and its so high in carbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated:)

I'm using Body Fortress super advanced whey Protein with 26g protein per scoop. It is available at Walmart for 14.99 for a BIG jug! It tastes good (as far a shakes go) I like the chocolate Peanut Butter the best. I love Resee cups, this is as close as I'll get to one for a long time!LOL!

Also, has 7 carbs and 140 cal.

Protein shakes CAN be really confusing!! This is what you should consider...

1) How many grams of Protein are you aiming for? I aim for a minimum of 20g protein per serving.

2) How many carbs are you limited to? I choose low carb so I aim for under 10 per serving. Ideally under 6g.

3) Do you want a shake with added Vitamins? These are great! GNC sells some in a premade shake that fit all of my requirements.

4) Type of protein. After a year of trial and error and research I have come to the conclusion that 100% whey protein is the best. It is absorbed the most effectively. But, it is only "best", really any source of protein is "good".

5)Price. Some Protein drinks have better quality protein than others. I have learned that it can make a difference, but you have to do what you have to do. I cannot afford the expensive ones, though I have learned to save and buy my protein in powder form, in bulk.

6) Taste preference. There are some Protein Drinks that I just cannot get down. For me, I have learned that these are any shake that contains soy, and then some random ones that I don't understand (like muscle milk lol).

For post-op I would suggest staying away from the slimfat/atkins type of shakes. I don't think you will get the protein you need. Also, they are pretty expensive if you look at cost per serving!

I have found one that I really like. Premier Nutrition...I buy them and Sam's. They have 30 grams of Protein and only 5 carbs. They taste better than any other I have tried. Hope that helps!

B)

I am using Iso 100 by Dymatize nutrition, it has 25G of 1005 whey Protein, 0 carbs, 106 cal per scoop no sugars either tastes good too my wife mixes hers with Almond Milk haven't tried that yet. Can be ordered on line I use a bodybuilding site since its cheaper than the official site. I think it was 70.00 for 5 lbs

hi, these are the guidelines my nutrionist gave me. Have at least 60 - 70 grams of PURE Protein each day. Each serving should contain :

at least 15 grams of Protein

less than 3 grams of fat

less than 5 grams of carbohydrate

my nut said premier from costco or eas those were my only choices. premier had way more Protein butt im not a member put costco

Does sam's have the premier shakes?

That is where I get mine. I tried EAS and I did NOT like them. My favorite is the chocolate in the Premire shakes. I think you can also go to the website and order them but it is much easier to go to Sam's and get them. They are $18.88/12 pk. in my hometown. :)