Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Democrat or Republican?

What Political Party Do You Vote For?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Political Party Do You Vote For?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • I Don't Vote

John McCain was abolutely hilarious at the dinner. And crass and tasteless.

Senator Obama was very funny too. But as usual, did not stoop to McCain's level. He was intelligent in his wit and gave a meaningful little tribute to the occasion. I'd trust international negotiations being led by a man like Obama. Hmmm, McCain? Not so much. He reminds me more of George W. Bush. Wonder if he'll use the "S" word when talking with his mouth full.

I watched both McCain's speech and Obama's last night at the Memorial dinner. I thought McCain's was really funny. Obama had his moments but I didn't think it funny when he used the housing and economy situation as a punchline. I know it was supposed to be all light and funny but he even got some boos for one particular comment about AIG.

All in all, I was very entertained, who knew McCain was so funny! I didn't!

BJ and Missy, you do realize that someone else probably wrote the punch lines for both McCain and Obama? If you liked or disliked their humor, blame their handlers.

We had a Democratically dominated Congress for the past 2 years only. And that was with a Republican President in the mix. The previous Republican controlled congress for 6 years (+ more from the previous administration) will be difficult to fix. But I'll admit, they're trying.

You can't blame the growth of the government during the majority of Bush's tenure on Democrats. You can't blame the war on them either. Even the ones from both parties who voted for the war. Bush misled Congress about his motives and about the intelligence that was used for committing us to that war.

So if you're basing your vote on anything that Bush has promised or that the Republicans say they are for - like no taxes, etc., I feel sorry for you because you must feel very conflicted right now what with their record staring us squarely in the face.

MissyG: McCain is hilarious! I'm surprised you didn't know that.

To criticize Obama's jokes about housing and financial topics is laughable for sure. Where were you when McCain was downright hateful with his humor? Or did you just forget to mention your distain for that?

Or maybe once again, we'll have to admit that all have our own ways of looking at and interpreting things.

BJ, George Bush is not the canidate. Like McCain said, if Obama wanted to run against Bush, he should have ran 4 years ago. The only candidate in this race who ran against Bush was McCain. Makes you go hmmmmmmm

I have no doubt that both McCain's and Obama's little speeches last night were written by others. But McCain and Obama are the only ones who are responsible for their content.

Am I the only one who is beginning to wonder if McCain doesn't have a bad apple in his campaign? (I mean other than Karl Rove)

I mean I am amazed and mystified at some of the subversive and contradictory things that McCain has said and done lately. I mean have you all heard about Joe the Plumber's background on all things political? He's been a very vocal participant on a conservative radio talk show. Why didn't McCain's people figure that out before John McCain used him during something as important as the national debate? I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for McCain.

If you think you're going to convince anyone that your opinion is valid, you might start by losing some of the one-sided, anti-Republican rhetoric. Like Obama, it's coming across as "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."

The issue isn't Joe the Plumber's background, party affiliation, or anything else about him personally; the dems are just attacking him any way they can to circumvent the REAL issue -- which is the ideology. It is the comment about "spreading the wealth around" that's important. I wouldn't care if it had been said to Benedict the Pope, BoomBoom the Stripper, or Mickey the Mouse. The point is, Obama believes in a Robin the Hood theory of government.

I never said McCain is another George W. Bush. But you can't argue with the fact that McCain is a Republican, like George Bush is a Republican.

There are certain Republican ideology that don't change with the man - only with the party. You want more of what we've had, vote for McCain.

The two men's political affiliations and goals are rigidly the same in the big picture. That's why Obama keeps mentioning that McCain voted for Bush's policies 90% of the time and that he endorsed Bush's budgets four times. It is definitely something we should consider when we vote.

Heh, heh, heh. I shouldn't use any "Democratic rehtoric"? Read your sister's last post. Now tell me how she has no credibility and her views have no validity.

I have to check out. This has been fun. Not productive, really, but fun.

Ciao. Hope you all have a good weekend, whatever your politics!

Heh, heh, heh. I shouldn't use any "Democratic rehtoric"? Read your sister's last post. Now tell me how she has no credibility and her views have no validity.

I have to check out. This has been fun. Not productive, really, but fun.

Ciao. Hope you all have a good weekend, whatever your politics!

What the heck do they put in that purified drinking Water?

P.S. The real issue about Joe the Plumber? I have to giggle again. Please don't tell me that McCain isn't terribly embarrassed about the whole fiasco. If he isn't, aren't you a little worried?

Ciao for real.