Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things You Can Never Have Again With Sleeve :(

I use a straw with no problems, I'm 10 months post op, I just started using them a few months ago. I haven't tried pop, diet pop pre-op was a big addiction for me so

I have not wanted to try it at all!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I use a straw. Can tolerate everything that I have tried or wanted to try. I love spicy foods. Have had pizza, bread, sushi, and I am 6 weeks out. The only difference is I have a small portion instead of gorge myself. I haven't tried beer or diet soda and hope to stay away from both forever.

Being that I am addicted to Coca Cola...idk how I am going to shake the habit..but its the reason y I am overweight..

I was a huge coke drinker. Also a huge coke user (a long time ago in a far off galaxy). Wait don't judge let me finish......I remembered something I heard at a 12 step meeting "try our way for 90 days if you want your old life back it will be there waiting for you" so knowing they would be making coke well into the future I promised 90 days to myself and haven't looked back.90 days out fat was dripping off me like a pig in an oven and I wasnt gonna mess that up . Now I honestly see it for what it is 12 teaspoons of sugar in a can with bubbles and some other crap, gotta pass on that. I guess it comes down to this "nothing is going to change till ya change it" . so to answer your question yes you can; taper off , Water it down , cold turkey. Just decide you will stop and make a plan!

For me I can't do: anything too high in fat, corn, peas, too much romaine lettuce at once, carbonated drinks, regular mayo, omelette or fried egg, too much bread, too much chocolate. That's about it right now.

I use a straw and chug Water. I chew gum.

Carbonated drinks, that's the only "no no" - but there are things I CHOOSE not to eat. I don't mindlessly eat now, I am aware of everything I put in my mouth, sometimes I shouldn't but I am aware of it. I just had most of a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's and now I wish I'd not had it. It didn't taste nearly as good as I'd anticipated. Oh well....this happens some times, and I've done a lot of research, the McDonald's sundae is the least of all evils as far as ice cream goes. :)

I am considering the sleeve because of its pros..but what are the cons?? What are some things you can NEVER have again?..I heard soda was one of them.

does anyone know why you can't do vegis in the beginning? Is it just because they are rough on the tummy?

does anyone know why you can't do vegis in the beginning? Is it just because they are rough on the tummy?

Because your need for Protein is too high to waste space on veggies.

I got around this by making ranch dip out of low fat Greek yogurt & adding more Protein powder to. It.

Veggies are hard to digest.

Being that I am addicted to Coca Cola...idk how I am going to shake the habit..but its the reason y I am overweight..

I was a major soda addict, MAJOR! I quit it cold turkey about 3-4 months prior to surgery as it was a requirement and so far, so good. I do crave one from time to time but have not succumbed and am proud of that. All of my friends were shocked when I quit and still are! You can do this if you desire.

As for other food items, I am trying to make better choices overall yet not deprive myself too much. While my taste buds have seriously changed, maybe once a week I will crave chocolate or other snack food. I purchase and eat one or two pieces, giving the remaining to a co-worker. She jokingly claims that she'll end up fat due to eating all of my extras. :)

i have never cared much for soda, unless i had it in a alchoholic beverage. i dont drink anymore so no need for soda. i cant really tolerate BBQ Sauce or red sauces and i am 3 and a half mths post op. as far as lettuce it goes down so smooth i would eat a salad every day. i find soft foods work well with me .....i have truly learned to love yogurt and mashed potatoes,and talopia fish. so i eat that more than any other food. i love being sleeved so much i walk a mile a day, when i hadnt walked in two almost three years and now im on a mile and a half. would i get sleeved again yes in a heartbeat....

Honestly ..... I drink carbonated drinks all the time.

Especially diet coke !!!

Prior to the sleeve I drank alot of coffee, but I realised that drinking too much coffee gives me very bad acid reflux. So I've switched to Diet coke for my souce of caffine.

Pasta is something that I cant take too much of, which means I still can eat it, but in very small portions... honestly ... everything is in small portions....

The only thing I cant do now ... is eat like a normal person....

I have found that drinking thru a straw stops me from taking big gulps of Water when I'm thirsty, especially since I love water!! Lol I'm still on the post op diet right now but I don't think I will be eating anymore heavy breads, sodas, or anything that is so heavy and filling that I can't get anything worthwhile down. My nut gave me a lot of recipes so I've been lookin into those for my foods right now.

There's nothing that you can never have again unless you, as an individual, can't tolerate it.

Everything is basically guidance. Everyone will cheat and fudge, even just a little. Im two months out and have tried a lot of things, including soda, pizza, cheeseburger, salad, buffalo wings, Mexican. I just find I don't crave it as much and don't need or want to eat as much.

So I still partake in social situations, but just much less frequently and in greatly reduced amounts. I think fear of food is unhealthy and may contribute to failure long-term. The sleeve just helps learn portion and control.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

My program told us some people have a hard time digesting raw vegetables and/or fruits right away. They suggested waiting six months and eating non-stringy things without skins and seeds.