Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else In The 350+ Pre-Op Weight Range?

My heaviest was over 370.

I have a little over 3 weeks left until surgery and hope to be under the 340 mark by then. At 351 as of this morning.

All of the big losers here have definitely been inspiring, especially considering I want to visit Onederland twice to reach my goal.

My heaviest was over 370.

I have a little over 3 weeks left until surgery and hope to be under the 340 mark by then. At 351 as of this morning.

All of the big losers here have definitely been inspiring, especially considering I want to visit Onederland twice to reach my goal.

Wolf - you can do it!!! Stay strong!!!!!

There have been many times where I haven't even touched a scale because I was afraid of what it would tell me. The highest number I had ever seen on a scale in the surgeon's office was 413 lbs. 413 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it. So, surgery was scheduled and I got a pre-op diet start date of my birthday, of all days. I started three weeks before my surgery and it worked really well for me. Didn't matter who tried to tempt me with amazing smelling food, this surgery was something I had to do. So, Monday morning I was sleeved. My weight that morning was 52 lbs down in just the three weeks of high protein/low carb liquid diet. I am proud of myself, and I am super proud of everyone else making the steps toward this amazing journey. It is always a little hard to see the people making this choice to lose 100 pounds when I have over 200 to lose, but whatever the beginning number is, it's all toward one goal: health. Good luck everyone! I am excited to see where we go from here!

I was glad to see your post and to see all the amazing stories here. Your story is inspiring and I wish you continued success.

I started out at 474 pounds and set a goal of being at 400 or less before surgery My insurance required 90 days enrollment in a "certified" weight management program. Today I hit 400 with surgery in 6 days!

My cousin had the sleeve 3 years ago, he started at 450, lost 30 during the 2wk pre-op diet and is now maintaining 230. Lost all of his weight in 1 year and did a 20 pound gain at the end and managing to maintain the 230 for the last 2 years. I am hoping for the same succcess.

I will continue to watch for your posts! Good Luck!

417 in June

322 today

Fun times :)

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

I started my 3 week liquid diet on August 7 and lost 31 pounds preop. Down around 34 since surgery on AUG 28 for a total of 65lbs.... Didn't think I could break the 300 lb mark before my wedding next month....but I think I should be in like Flynn.

Staying positive is the one thing I would recommend to anyone going down this road. Dwelling on all the negatives, stalls, foods you miss, are how much further you have to go is just plain crazy. I think the saying is "Rome wasn't built in a day"..................I actually prefer "When in Rome" as far as Rome quotes go...but it didn't really apply. :lol: Cheers on all the pounds dropping all over this site.

I started my 3 week liquid diet on August 7 and lost 31 pounds preop. Down around 34 since surgery on AUG 28 for a total of 65lbs.... Didn't think I could break the 300 lb mark before my wedding next month....but I think I should be in like Flynn.

Staying positive is the one thing I would recommend to anyone going down this road. Dwelling on all the negatives, stalls, foods you miss, are how much further you have to go is just plain crazy. I think the saying is "Rome wasn't built in a day"..................I actually prefer "When in Rome" as far as Rome quotes go...but it didn't really apply. :lol: Cheers on all the pounds dropping all over this site.

That is a good thing to mention. That has been one of the things I have been having the hardest time with is staying positive. I think for a lot of us we have had negative thoughts about ourselves pre-op that its kind of hard to break post-op.

I would also like to add DONT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS! If you do you will drive yourself crazy lol. I would always compare myself to others who started at my weight, or others who had surgery the same day as me and worry myself because maybe they lost faster then me, everyone is different and everyones journey will be different.

I started at 425. I am now at 404 and on day 4 of my liquid diet. I have lost 16 pounds in 4 days! Hope it keeps up!! I already feel amazing. I am 5'10 and carry my weight very evenly so people have a hard time believing I weigh what I do, but it's all there, believe me! I was skinny, skinny, skinny until my 20s. 140 pounds. Don't think I'll ever see that again! Carrying and then losing twins are part of what got me here. Grief can be such a food inducer. :(

I started at 425. I am now at 404 and on day 4 of my liquid diet. I have lost 16 pounds in 4 days! Hope it keeps up!! I already feel amazing. I am 5'10 and carry my weight very evenly so people have a hard time believing I weigh what I do, but it's all there, believe me! I was skinny, skinny, skinny until my 20s. 140 pounds. Don't think I'll ever see that again! Carrying and then losing twins are part of what got me here. Grief can be such a food inducer. :(

I am also tall, so people had a hard time seeing my actual weight, too. However - you are on the right track. I will never, ever be 140 pounds, but anything in the 100s would be great with me. :)

I am sorry to hear about your twins. Losing someone you love with all your soul is so hard, I couldn't imagine losing a child, let alone two. Good luck with everything. You got this! :D

7 weeks ago I weighed 431 pounds...today I weight 374...you are are encouraging..I just I can encourage someone as well.

a

We are ALL an encouragement because we finally took the step to get well and we are walking this journey toward health every day. I have a real tender spot for those of us who have 150+ pounds to lose! You guys are amazing and I am so, so proud of US!!!! Please keep the stories coming!!!!

Oh Sharon - I'm so, so sorry. I totally get the grief-food connection. At least a 100 of my extra pounds are from grief/pain. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm proud of you and want to hear more. You can do it!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I am on day 5 of my liquid diet and now down 24 pounds from my highest. I have lost 19 pounds on the diet so far! I feel great, but hungry.

I'm not quite 350. I'm 331, which is close. Still 6 months away from surgery. I have my first appointment in 15 days. Looking forward to getting down to my high school weight, which was 185! I'd be thrilled to see that on the scale again.

Yall, I just gotta say - don't worry about how fast it comes off - the fact is, it DOES come off! And probably faster than you might think! I thought I was never going to get to even have the surgery. Now I'm almost 9 months out, down about 140 lbs and feeling like A MILLION BUCKS!

I feel better than I have in YEARS. And ya know what? I'm looking pretty spectacular too! :) I cannot stress how WONDERFUL things can get - just be being positive and working the sleeve.

This thread is so encouraging. I'm very excited to be on this journey with such a great group. My pre op weight was 343, tomorrow I'm exactly two months out and as of last Wednesday, I was 297.5!! Good riddance FOREVER, 300s!