Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Sleeved Monday And Cant Stop Eating!

I had lost 8 of the 10 lbs that I needed to lose at my pre-op visit Sept 4,. I was told by surgery I need to lose 2 more to make it 10. Here I am a day away from surgery and I have ate everything in sight starting this past Wed. and didnt stop until lunch time. Its like I cant control it, I dont know if its that I'm nervous unconsiously or what but now I may not get the surgery. I talked to a friend today that has had the surgery. She said YOU HAVE TO STOP! When I show up Monday morning at the hospital and weigh me, I'm so scared they wont do the surgery. I know I have gained weight and I know they cant perform the surgery if I'm all swollen inside. Has anyone else ever went through this same problem only days away from surgery???? PLEASE HELP

STOP EATING NOW! Can you do liquid only, from now till Monday? Most Doctors want your liver to shrink for surgery. If you've gained there's a chance they wont do the surgery. Is it possible, your not

emotionally ready to give up your food addiction?

Good luck, hope it all works out!

I think you will likely need to postpone your surgery.perhaps you subconsciously sabotaged your pre-op diet because of fear, or feeling unprepared. You should talk to someone in depth about what you are feeling

bmi.png

Yes, I'm definitely doing liquids until Monday. Thanks for yall's feedback I really appreciate it. :-)

I felt the same way. I didn't have a pre-op diet which I actually think made it harder. I felt like my surgery day was the day of death. I ate everything I could think of since I knew I wasn't going to have it after surgery. I even ad a list of restaurants that I had to go to before i would have my surgery. food is our addiction and it will continue to be that way after surgery. Just stay positive and keep telling yourself that you have made this choice for a reason. keep that reason in the front of your mind all the time. good luck an I hope everything works out for you.

Yes' date=' I'm definitely doing liquids until Monday. Thanks for yall's feedback I really appreciate it. :-)[/quote']

Let us kno how things went with u!

Yes' date=' I'm definitely doing liquids until Monday. Thanks for yall's feedback I really appreciate it. :-)[/quote']

How did things go? Did you have your surgery?

I was wondering if she had surgery Monday, as well...Maybe we'll hear good news from her soon!

Thanks everyone for being so supportive! I did end up having my surgery on Monday the 17th. I made the weigh in. I just got released today from the hospital. I have alot of pressure in my chest from gas and indigestion. Even though I'm on having 15cc of G2 gatorade every 30 min. or so. I don't want to start adding more liquids until I think I can handle them. Does anybody have feedback on the indigestion??

You can take Gas-X strips, they work well. Did the Doctor prescribe anything for acid reflux? I'm glad you made the weigh in. Welcome to the Loser's Club!!

I was at Walgreens when I read this and grabbed the Gas X strips and man they do wonders! Thanks for that ! My dr. didnt prescribe anything for reflux but best believe I'm calling the office tomorrow. :-) Happy to be part of THE LOSERS CLUB ............just barely made it LOL

Glad you made it for your surgery. I am curious, do you actually have reflux now after the surgery? And if so, did you have it prior to the surgery?

I had reflux prior and had it worse after surgery. Good thing is it seems as if each day that goes by and my body gets used to my new stomach it gets better everday :-)

It is good to hear that it is improving. :) Hopefully it will keep improving until you have no reflux at all.