Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Welllllll,,,, Thank You all. It will be 4,or 5 days in the hospital. I hope i'm walking by then. October Bandsters will be in my thoughts. Sighning off. Shirley...

<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>sstasevich@woww user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_384268", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm shocked at your weight loss. You've lost 147lbs since 10/31/06? OH MY GOSH!!!! How did you do this? That's an average of approx 50 lbs a month? Right? I'll have to go back and find out what surgery you're having. Whatever it is I wish you good health and a quick recovery. Please check back when you're feeling better.

Good luck Shirley, we'll be thinking of you!

I have to tell you guys something that's bugging me. Let me start by saying my DH is really a great guy, wonderful hubby, wonderful father. I love him to death and I know he feels the same way.

For the last ten years, since we've been married, I've steadily gained weight. we went through a lot, five pregnancies but only three children and BOTH of my parents died 8 years ago suddenly. Anyway, I gained a lot of weight and my self esteem went down the dumper. He has been great, never said a word about weight or appearance.

The problem is, since I've lost over 40 lbs I've cut my hair into a stylish cut (no more pulling back in a clip everyday), I've started to wear makeup, I'm dressing nicer and, I feel I have a much better attitude. He has never been one for compliments but WOULD IT KILL HIM TO TELL ME I LOOK NICE?????

The other day I said to him "you know, I really feel good about myself", his reply " I don't know why you think you look so different" AAARRRGGGHHHHHH Thanks for nothing I told him.

Threebeauties I don't blame you for being frustrated. It would bother me too. But in a way I think it's nice because he loves you unconditionally and has probably always seen you to be as beautiful as you now feel.

Aahh 3B, don't feel so bad... boys are dumb... (Jimboss except you!).

They **disclaimer not always all, women can be the same... disclaimer** just don't get it. Sometimes I think men have been so hung up on the - damned if i do damned if i don't - philosophy that they figure its safest if i just don't. At least thats the way it is sometimes w my DH.

we just think differently.

I think a new course should be taught in grammer schools - ya know when they take the girls in one room to talk about stuff.... and the boys in another.... they should discuss Observation 101. =)

ThreeBeauties....in a previous post I mentioned "marital issues". Wow girl. You hit the nail on the head! Although my lovely bride's excuse is that she see's me everyday and doesn't notice. Damn! I've dropped 45 pounds and gone down 2 pants sizes, I'm wearing shirts I haven't been able to get into for so long I can't remember, I've had to buy a smaller shoe size, and the only thing that is getting larger is a certain apenditure I shouldn't mention (maybe not larger but definetly more noticeable)!

I hate to admit this to y'all but I really don't get that much support from her. But I'm going to be a good boy and keep trudging forward. At least I have y'all, thank goodness for that. I think she's jealous. She is a big girl as well and she's trying to do weight loss too. Since my surgery she's lost about 10 pounds and I've praised her almost daily for her success.

Well my Angels, I am sorry to burden y'all with this sort of crap. It just came out of me. Thanks for letting me bend an ear............Jimboss

You guys are so great.

Chrispy - what a nice thing to say!

Soniacan- You are too funny

JimBoss - Nice to know I'm not alone.

I really don't think hubby is jealous. I guess its just not important to him. He has never been one for skinny girls or "fashion". I should be, and am, happy that my appearance isn't that big of an issue for him

I guess it bothers me because I support the things he is excited about even though they don't particularly interest me. I guess I was just hoping for the same.

Anyway, have a great week everyone!

Threebeauties, he is a man. No offense to Jimboss of course.... lol

They often just don't get it. It is hard, but there really isn't anything you can do. As my sister always tells me..... you gotta take the bad with the good.

Threebeauties and Jimboss, you guys vent anytime you need to. That is what this place is for. SUPPORT

Keep your chins up and keep working on the weightloss.

Hello everyones! Wow so much happens over a few days!

I miss Shirley already! Your in our prayers girlfriend!

Poor Jimboss and 3B! I can relate in a way to your stories... just recently I put on a pair of jeans that I wore on our honeymoon, 4 years ago! Havent been able to fit them since! So I wore them on our anniversary and the DH didnt even say one word! Geez......skinny people have no idea what we go thru I swear!

Want a gross story?

On Sat I went to the park with my friends, I was like lets Bar-b-que.... so went and got Hot links, Hamburgers and chicken. I knew I wasnt going to be able to eat much, but I did have some chix and got sick! I walked over to my van and PBD. Ugh! I walked back over to my friends table as if nothing happened. then I thought about it- omg! My friends will see a pile of puke and slime when they help me load up my Van! They would understand, but I didnt want to gross em out either. I couldnt stop thinking about it. So when it was time to load up- I walked first and had reached the Van. Guess what? I saw a cat run off.... I looked down and Damnit gina- The cat ate my pile of PB!!!!! EWWWWW!!!!!! I was so grossed out. Then my friend came over to the van and stepped right where I had PBd!! There wasnt anything there but a damp spot on the ground but still!!! Heha!

I havent been able to keep much down these last 3 days. Maybe I am tighter. Can that happen? Some days are tighter then others? This gets to be such an obssession for me. Like a guessing game! Also I keep getting this fear of slippage again, and my pouch stretching! I hate thinking about it! This is my worst fear! If my band has to be removed before I lost my weight I would shut down and want to live like a hermit........hehe

~Raynie!

Also....... I hear you on the no comments part. I have lost half of my excess weight which is 49 pounds right now. I have gotten very few comments from people. The only comments I have gotten are from the few that know I have had the surgery. WTF

So, Jimboss, you are not alone!!!!!

Oh and I just wanted to say that I feel so comfortable here in Octobers thread then any others! I feel like we are getting to know one another- like we are freinds in away, more then strangers!

So thanks everyone here! *hugs*

~Raynie!