Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Name Your Sleeve?

I hope this hasn't already been using but I think I'll go with ralphie may... ( Ralph he may)

I hope this hasn't already been used but I think I'll go with ralphie may... ( Ralph he may)

I feel that some of the digs about "no fun" were intended for me. I simply shared the reasons that I would not consider naming my stomach (or sleeve). I realize people are having fun with this - more power to you, I just don't see the "sleeve" as an entity in separate from me and this really has to do with trying to change my whole thought processes around food, overweight etc.

9 months out, i eat pretty normally - a high Protein diet of small quantities, but other then that there is really nothing weird about living with the gastric sleeve. I don't vomit, I don't have weird noises - I just gloriously have what i always wanted - a smaller stomach that demands much less attention and food then the full sized one i had before Dec 12th 2011!

Good luck to all on their journey, however you chose to approach it!

That's how I feel about weighing myself more than twice a month, and I think twice a month is extreme.

I'm just gonna call mine "banana"... That's what they compared the size to when I first started looking into it and it kinda just stuck... Although its more like a sharpie than a banana!

I haven't been sleeved yet' date=' but gave been referring to my future pouch. "My pouch will be able to just hold this much" "my pouch won't be able to eat this and that" etc.

It is like my stomach (whom I do not like very much right now) will move out and pouch will move in. By having a name for it (even though mine is boring), I feel I'm riding myself of the hatred for my stomach and replacing it with something positive. just another way of making a new start.[/quote']

I'm with you on this one. I'm not sleeved yet either but I talk to my husband and do the same as you "with my sleeve I can't have this and with my sleeve I will have to do that.... " etc... We even have this joke that everytime either of us need or want something we say " Pleeeeease gastric sleeeeeeve." I know we are both crazy but in life you gotta change your focus and change your mind just to make things right. Maybe humor allows me to make it more real and in my heart I know this is what I need right now in my life and if I'm lucky it won't hurt too bad and I know it will rid myself of Díabetes that is killing me slowly... So yeah, life is short, make jokes, have fun and love yourself more.!

I do not consider my life shameful. I also don't consider I was an over eater or a food addict. I know now that I tortured my body through years of yoyo dieting and had developed maladaptive ghrelin levels as a consequence.

Shame is such a wasted emotion. I love my life' date=' loved it fat and love it getting thinner. I see no shame in having the sleeve.[/quote']

Good for you and God Bless you for saying that... The way I see it, shame and guilt should be no where on this equation. Those are the same emotions that gets people who are emotional eaters to go and eat. As for me I see it as a truce with myself... I like you was a yo yo dieter. I have pictures that span decades of differing body type and weight none of which look at all like one another. I'm not and have not been an over eater. I was a work aholic therapist who gave my life to help and change others, specifically troubled teens.... Never an easy job. So I neglected myself and had nothing to be ashamed of, I gave of myself and whole heartedly to those in need who lacked love or family structure. I taught them to love themselves and now I am teaching myself the same. Your mind is a powerful thing and kudos to you all who are positive and healing from the inside and humor on the outside. If God forbid we all died tomorrow shoot atleast leave with a laugh and knowing you chose life, sleeve life and not death, a diabetic death ....

"skinny Minnie" aka my sleeve' date=' is much more tempremental than my stomach ever was. I used to think I had one of those cast Iron stomachs, could eat anything that didn't run away fast enough. Certainly has changed now! 4 days post op and skinny minnie is relutantly accepting Protein shakes (4oz) with Water. And I feel everything I drink going down my esophagus. Skinny Minney is the thin, bit*h that I always knew lived inside me. She's OUT![/quote']

Love this.... "she is out " what a diva your new sleeve... Lol. Good luck w recovery.

Like Prince became "TAFKAP" (the artist formerly known as prince) after he became a Jehovah's Witness' date=' my stomach will "TAFKA85%MS" (the anatomy formerly known as 85% of my stomach) after I got sleeved.[/quote']

Hilarious. Love this one too. Lol.

I feel that some of the digs about "no fun" were intended for me. I simply shared the reasons that I would not consider naming my stomach (or sleeve). I realize people are having fun with this - more power to you' date=' I just don't see the "sleeve" as an entity in separate from me and this really has to do with trying to change my whole thought processes around food, overweight etc.

9 months out, i eat pretty normally - a high Protein diet of small quantities, but other then that there is really nothing weird about living with the gastric sleeve. I don't vomit, I don't have weird noises - I just gloriously have what i always wanted - a smaller stomach that demands much less attention and food then the full sized one i had before Dec 12th 2011!

Good luck to all on their journey, however you chose to approach it![/quote']

It wasnt you that posted this firstly... So don't take it personal... We are all in the same boat some of us just need humor ti get through this all and mostly everyone here is super smart and very supportive. No worries but you are blessed to have no complications as some people have had a hard time in recovery and my heart goes out to them...

I keep going back and forth on this. I know it's still a part of me but I feel as though it is a very special gift that I have to take very good care of and nurture correctly. Which I did not do the first time around in life. So maybe I do need a name. Whoever she is, I can't wait to meet her, hopefully in December! Maybe Precious.

I met my sleeve last week. Definitely a Sleevin' Colbert.