Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Chips Can You Eat?

lol... you really must have had free time!

I had 1/2 a hamburger patty' date=' a bite of pinto Beans and 5 kettle style bbq chips for dinner last night. That was a "holiday" meal. I thought I was being pretty reasonable but now you have me all paranoid.

I guess comparing to to a pre-sleeve meal it was good. Pre-sleeve would have been a cheeseburger, a huge serving of baked Beans and a ton of chips to top it off... and of course a diet dr pepper to wash it all down.[/quote']

How far out are you? That is a big diff! Better a little then a lot anytime

Baked Tostitos still aren't that great for us. They are corn based and corn is a carb. There are studies where people that consume a lot of corn, put on a ton of weight. now days, corn is found in everything. Even are meat are corn fed to fatten them up quicker. I really try to avoid corn based foods. I don't even feed it to my dogs. Sorry about the rant. A little bit of tostitos is better than potato chips or fritos..... :)

Try getting some Lundberg Rice chips. The Santa Fe Barbque ones are great and rhe sea salt ones taste just like tostitos or doritos. they are so much better for you and very crunchy. Chps usually are s lider food for us which means you can eat roo many without feeling full and they have roo many carbs and roo much fat, so you need ro try to get out of that habit and find an alternative. Pop chips are a good alternative to potato chps too.

Baked Tostitos still aren't that great for us. They are corn based and corn is a carb. There are studies where people that consume a lot of corn' date=' put on a ton of weight. now days, corn is found in everything. Even are meat are corn fed to fatten them up quicker. I really try to avoid corn based foods. I don't even feed it to my dogs. Sorry about the rant. A little bit of tostitos is better than potato chips or fritos..... :)[/quote']

The baked scooped chips only have 22g for 16chips & there is no way I cld eat tht many but I hv ate some just recently for the 1st time. I needed something different lol

What I hv noticed is tht every doctor on here recommends diff things & forbids diff things tht another doctor feels is okay.

Try getting some Lundberg Rice chips. The Santa Fe Barbque ones are great and rhe sea salt ones taste just like tostitos or doritos. they are so much better for you and very crunchy. Chps usually are s lider food for us which means you can eat roo many without feeling full and they have roo many carbs and roo much fat' date=' so you need ro try to get out of that habit and find an alternative. Pop chips are a good alternative to potato chps too.[/quote']

I hv never hears of rice chips or pop chips. Where do u get them?

Krogers sells dehydrated mixed vegetable chips that are my preference to potato chips now. You can also buy them on nuts.com. They have some great dehydrated fruit and vegetables. Same rules still apply though, you cannot just mindlessly eat or they will sneak up on you.

Some doctors don't mind you eating chips, but any chip made out of potatoes or corn (no matter if they are baked or not) are still empty calories. Plus they are a starches which have been shown to help your body store fat, raise insulin levels and increase appetite.

Not preaching....just FYI.

Thank you guys so much. Im definetly going to search for these chips. I appreciate it very much. I'm always up to diff eating habits, ideas & foods. Ive only ate the tostidos two days but wld rather eat healthier, so thanks a lot.

How far out are you? That is a big diff! Better a little then a lot anytime

LJP, I'm 3 months out and -79 pounds (60 since surgery).

I don't believe that certain foods should be off limits either' date=' but the key is moderation. So if you love creamy Pasta, only have it if you go out, and only once in a while (if you eat out often). And my trick (well, not really a trick, just common sense)...do not keep it in the house. Like I said earlier, I love chips and would probably take a spoon to the bag (I don't care about the grease and chemicals!).

And you never know, you might not like it or it might not agree with you. For almost a year after my surgery, Pasta made me feel like I was going to throw up, even just a bite or 2. Now I can eat it, but in very small quantities.[/quote']

I love what you said moderation is the key !

I picked up some Terra brand sweet potato chips and loved them. I could eat maybe three of them and that's it. They are thick and hard compared to regular potato chips. I probably ate around half of a bag over 3-4 weeks and then I was done and didn't even want any from the remaining.

My doctor's theory is 'This is NOT a diet, it is a way of life' and never wants us to think 'diet' again....post op. Well, until I reached goal, I did not listen, I considered this THE single most important diet of my life.....I knew the first year was the honeymoon period.....I'd lose the most. I reached goal, easy as pie. Not a chip, no bread and nothing remotely sweet passed my lips!! Now, I'm eating like what I think a naturally thin person does. chips are one of those things, kind of like french fries, I NEVER have a bag or an order, but will eat 4 - 6 off someone else's plate. Other than Fritos, I don't really care for chips any more. The only ones in our house is Baked Scoops, that is what my DH eats....I don't care for them, but when I make guacamole, I'll eat a few of them. There is NOTHING good about any of the chips that is good for us.....I like it I can CHOOSE not to eat something, it's much easier now, don't y'all agree?

I eat Popchips and Lundberg Rice chips in moderation. Popcron is also OK. My NUT says popcorn in moderation is very good for us for the Fiber. But be careful. these are slider foods!. Goes down easily and don't fill you up since you chew so much with no nutritiional value. No more fries for me. If I go to a Mecican restaurant I may have a chip or two then stop cuz I don't want to feel full before I eat!

Well, being that I'm nearly 3 years out, I can tell you that once your belly completely heals...stay away from these!!!! You can seriously eat half of a large bag of lays chips with no problem, so if this was a favorite food don't get back started. After I had my twins (last January) and I was horribly sleep deprived, during my 3am feedings I started eating chips to stay awake. This turned back on my addiction to food and before you know it, I was eating several bags a week again and gained 12lbs! I'm now working hard to get back on track with my eating, but take it from me, don't play with fire. Once your stomach is healed you can eat everything you did before (good and bad).

If you like chips...try putting some sliced turkey pepperoni in the microwave for a minute. They come out crispy like little chips. Then dip in hummus...yum. Or make you're own ranch dip out of fat free greek yogurt and skim milk.

Well, being that I'm nearly 3 years out, I can tell you that once your belly completely heals...stay away from these!!!! You can seriously eat half of a large bag of lays chips with no problem, so if this was a favorite food don't get back started. After I had my twins (last January) and I was horribly sleep deprived, during my 3am feedings I started eating chips to stay awake. This turned back on my addiction to food and before you know it, I was eating several bags a week again and gained 12lbs! I'm now working hard to get back on track with my eating, but take it from me, don't play with fire. Once your stomach is healed you can eat everything you did before (good and bad).

I hear ya~ Chips go down way to easy. Like I said earlier on, it is the one food that I can not control so I will not keep them in my house!