Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Examples Of Slider Foods

Can someone please list some examples of what they call slider foods? I am new sleever and I dont want to aquire any bad habits early on. Thanks

ice cream, milkshakes, potato chips, chocolate

popcorn for me. How can I eat only a tiny amount of something but not notice I ate half a large bag of popcorn at the movies!

popcorn for me. How can I eat only a tiny amount of something but not notice I ate half a large bag of popcorn at the movies!

Good to know - I'd have to be careful with that because that has always been a favorite! I read somewhere that you had to be careful eating popcorn because of all the hard pieces (I was sleeved a week ago). How soon were you able to eat popcorn?

Canned chicken, tuna, eggs, and yogurt are some of the more solid foods I eat. I'm 4 weeks out.

These aren't considered slider foods...? Slider foods as those that go down easy yet they lack nutrition. It varies for everyone but like someone else stated slider foods are: ice cream, milk shakes, potato chips, Cookies, cake, juices loaded with sugar, etc.

Most slider foods are pretty easy to tell. First off sliders are high calorie/carb

If it melts or turns into a liquid while eating (ice cream, Jello, popcorn)

If you smash it up and find that it takes up very little space ( potato chips cheese doodles)

It's really kind of amazing. Take a bag of Cheetos and put them in a blender then measure them. You'll completely understand why you can eat so many of them.(this works for chips too).

Good to know - I'd have to be careful with that because that has always been a favorite! I read somewhere that you had to be careful eating popcorn because of all the hard pieces (I was sleeved a week ago). How soon were you able to eat popcorn?

I'm three months out and I have not tried Popcorn and probably won't for a long time. I love popcorn more than any candy, cake, pie. It is my Achilles and I have easily eaten a jumbo popcorn at the movies, with butter & salt and wanted more.

I know this is something I will have to stay away from, there is no nutritional benefit to it and it's something that would be dangerous to eat while your stomach is healing.

Triscuits are a slider and a trigger food for me. I know they're whole grain and all, but if they are in the house I can eat a whole box in two days. If I can keep from putting them in the grocery cart, I'm good. I buy them when I have people over and then send the leftover ones home with a guest. That way, I get to have some but they're gone when the party's over.

Taco chips, saltine crackers, anything that you can grind up to a dust or paste and swallow that will wash right through your stomach - sleeved or not.

popcorn is my weakness, but yes its a slider :(

i was watching tv the other night - ate popcorn for the first time in 8 months. - said to hubby something like "wow this tastes so good, i don't even feel full yet"

then bamm it hit me - i just realized this was what a slider tastes like - never experienced before

no more pop pop popin popcorn for me :angry:

I'm three months out and I have not tried popcorn and probably won't for a long time. I love popcorn more than any candy' date=' cake, pie. It is my Achilles and I have easily eaten a jumbo popcorn at the movies, with butter & salt and wanted more.

I know this is something I will have to stay away from, there is no nutritional benefit to it and it's something that would be dangerous to eat while your stomach is healing.[/quote']

Me too Mina! Me too- and there is no plan for it in my future

popcorn is my weakness' date=' but yes its a slider :(

i was watching tv the other night - ate popcorn for the first time in 8 months. - said to hubby something like "wow this tastes so good, i don't even feel full yet"

then bamm it hit me - i just realized this was what a slider tastes like - never experienced before

no more pop pop popin popcorn for me :angry:[/quote']

Ha ha. I don't think you have to give it up totally. There are several 100 calorie microwave packs on the market.

I never realized saltines were a slider food until I talked to my nutritionist. I ate an entire sleeve (no pun intended) in one day since it was easy going down and my stomach was upset. She said.....it's easy going down because it is a slider food and FULL of carbs. Good to know!