Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this question is a little out of the ordinary,but here goes

I had my surgery on August 13th,

So far everything has beed great.

I am eating and drinking and have already lost 25 pounds post op and 14 pre (from 6/25)

My problem is that I have notice that it has been more difficult to read small print and even some larger print if the lighting is not just right.

I have an appointment at the eye doctor tomorow (it is well overdue my last one was 3 years ago)

I was just wondering if this could be related to the surgergy.

Maybe it is something with my blood chemistry or lack of Vitamins,

Has anyone had or heard of anyone having this problem.

Thanks

I had both of my eyes improve a full diopter each within a month. None of the doctors had ever seen such a reversal. They still trying to figure things out.

This is freaky that you are asking about the vision. I told my husband that all of a sudden, I feel like I can't see the television or street signs anymore with my current eye glasses. It has only been for a short while. I had my surgery on June 11th. Now I am wondering if the nutrition could be playing a role in this. I keep saying I have to get my eyes checked again. Things that make you go hmmm.

Me too I cannot read with just my contacts I thought it was my imagination now I will not be able to see myself thin because I will be blind but I guess it will not matter because I am also going to have alzheimers

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

This has happened to me too. I thought maybe it was my low Vitamin A (this contributes to night blindness too). How is your Vitamin A? I also have trouble remembering things too.....sigh

Dunno if it's related to the surgery or not.There might be something to this though. I went through almost the same thing as Deb did. Was Sleeved on June 5th, afterwards I noticed while driving that my eyes had changed dramatically. I couldn't see or read street signs any longer. And I used to be able to read the computer sitting in front of it without my glasses, now it's one big blur if I try.

Ended up having to get new glasses last month.

I talked to my eye Doc prior to sleeve (Aug 6) and he said wait until after surgey to get

new glasses as the prescription will change. I was a diabetic and surgar levels do effect

vision and I have been taken off my meds. I have notice that my sight has improve without glasses. I think the body is going threw big changes that effects all the sinces, taste and smell

is others that I noticed changes.

Positive Thoughts

wow this sounds scary. i already wear contacts, have a corneal abraision in one eye and astigmatism(sp?) in the other ahhhh.

Happened to me.

I had noticed it after my gallbladder removal in February, too, so I thought it may have been related to the anesthesia.

Sent from my iPad using VST

There are a whole host of things that happen after surgery. It can take weeks for anesthesia to get out of your system, for example.

If you combine the anesthesia with changes in hormones, decreases in blood pressure, better blood flow, changes in blood sugar, etc., it's not surprising that vision could change some.

I'm having the exact same issues! I too noticed it when driving. When I'm on the highway, I can barely read the signs until I'm very close to it. I can't see a license plate number to save my life and I can't read street signs anymore. It's crazy. I wonder wth is going on! I'm guessing I'm going to have to get contacts. And yes, it is scary. I pray it gets better. Hopefully, this is all temporary!

According to nurse at hospital , any vision issues or changes is 99% due to a nutritional issue, most likely a Vitamin deficient issue ! Make sure you are getting to proper Vitamins in quality and quantity !

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi

I posted about this in some forum about 5 months ago and people were kind of making out as if this was age related and had nothing to do with the surgery.

My eye sight have deteriorated a lot.I also noticed it the first time about 3 weeks post op.After posting about it I thougt it was my imagination.However,I cannot read any labels on anything anymore.I find this super frustrating as I dont want to wear glases.

That is also why I am on my ipad most of the time...can make it much bigger if I need to...lol

xxo

I am pre-op and having the same issues. I am wondering now if my eyes will get worse after surgery. Grrrr.

According to nurse at hospital , any vision issues or changes is 99% due to a nutritional issue, most likely a Vitamin deficient issue ! Make sure you are getting to proper Vitamins in quality and quantity !

Sent from my iPhone using VST

What kind of Vitamin deficiency? I'm definitely going to have a talk with my doctor about this.