Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

I've been picking up a few things.... ordered Unjury chicken Soup, unflavoured Protein, and the chocolate splender... they all taste pretty good. Also tried some nectar, got all my Vitamins. I plan on ordering the PB2 online. Getting really excited! Only 24 days left woot woot

Hi everyone! I was creeping around here earlier and I realized that a group like this is just what I need: A group going through a similar journey that isn't going to judge! I love it!

I am 27 y/o (as of yesterday!), single, and I live in Montana. I will be having my VSG done on Monday, October 1. I am scared, I am excited, I am nervous, I am HUNGRY! That last part only because I am 2 days into my 3 week pre-op diet. I think the doctor is being especially cautious with me because I have a huge history of medical issues and this surgery is so important to my future!!

I am so excited to go through the journey with you all! Good luck to everyone!!

Hi everyone! I've already "announced" myself with surgery date of 10/2. Very excited, scared, you know the feeling. So many of you are posting about fantastic pre-surgery diets, exercise programs and weight loss and I am eating like there's no tomorrow. What is wrong with me?!? I am about to embark on a lifelong journey of eating right and I can't get myself to commit to eating right today. Maybe it's food funerals, maybe it's addiction, but I have never felt so out of control with my eating!

Is anyone else having the same issues? I'm so terrified that this isn't going to work. I felt like it was a sure thing and then I started reading about people gaining 50, 100 pounds back or losing 40 pounds and nothing more. I can't be that person... But I also know I can't be the person who works out 7 days a week. I know I can do this, I am a smart person and I can do anything I put my mind to - I just need the tool to help me do it.

Sorry for the rambling, I guess it helps just to say it to someone and get these feelings off my chest.

Thanks for listening :-)

Hi everyone I did some pre- op shopping but not in reference to shakes or food, since I'm still over a month out. I got alot of the thins mentioned on another thread like the breath stuff, gass x strips, Vitamins and the such. I hate to buy Proteins without trying them first. I did order some free samples and have been on the fence about Unjury. I also hate to spend 6.00 to ship one 1.99 trial serving. Yes I'm cheap

G'day! I went to see my surgeon yesterday and we booked a tentative date. 24 October 2012. I am from Canberra, Australia and my surgeon is in Sydney (Dr John Jorgensen). I have a friend of mine who is also considering doing the journey with me... I am excited and nervous.

Seems a date change was in order. so for Halloween this year, I'll be dressing up as a patient in a hospital who has just had surgery. Unfortunately, I'll be doing this journey solo. My friend cannot do it with me.

Hi everyone I did some pre- op shopping but not in reference to shakes or food, since I'm still over a month out. I got alot of the thins mentioned on another thread like the breath stuff, gass x strips, Vitamins and the such. I hate to buy Proteins without trying them first. I did order some free samples and have been on the fence about Unjury. I also hate to spend 6.00 to ship one 1.99 trial serving. Yes I'm cheap

I am really particular about the taste of my food and drink. My NUT gave me a sample of the ready to drink Premier Protein that can be found at Sam's Club and costco. It is ok, not great. She also gave me a packet of the strawberry Sorbet from Unjury and I mixed it with Water, ice, and a packet of Lemonade Crystal Lite. SOO good! It was really fantastic!

I also know that where I live in Montana there is a Weight Management Clinic through one of the hospitals (not the one I am using) and they sell products and samples. You should see if there is anything like that in your area. It would make the Protein a lot simpler for you. Or, just get the sample basket from Unjury.

Hope that helps! :D

Seems a date change was in order. so for Halloween this year, I'll be dressing up as a patient in a hospital who has just had surgery. Unfortunately, I'll be doing this journey solo. My friend cannot do it with me.

That is unfortunate. However - you will make one heck of a patient for Halloween and then next year you can go as a much thinner, healthier person, right? Good luck!

Hi! I'm Tricia... 41 yrs old, married with a 10 and 22 year old. My surgery is scheduled for Oct 4th in Metairie, La.

I started my Vitamins today is day 2. I bought a couple of yoga pants for post op, and have been stalking the boards and talking to the dietician at my Job about post op Protein he recommend that I just get the Protein Shots and mix it with what ever I'm drinking. For the first couple days and then see what I can tolerate after that. I'm still so very nervous!!

APPROVED!!!!!! I hemmed and hawed about calling Fed BCBS to see how my insurance certification was coming along. i didn't want to pester, it was submitted last Thursday. I had to call, when i spoke to the rep, my heart dropped. Needs more info... More what? Need 3 month nut visits...but that was sent! Need another comorbidity for bmi under 40... No I dont, not according to the plan brochure, need 2 years of recorded BMi over 35... That was in the PCP letter!! Omg, "let me talk to a nurse". Tranfer...music...more music. Nurse Darla answers the phone. I explained it all. Darla could not figure out what the original reviewing RN was talking about, she agreed with me. "let me call you back"...ok wait, wait...1/2 hr later, darla calls and she approved me!!!!!! Doing a happy dance. i am so glad I called. Yipeee!!!

bmi.png

That is wonderful news... so happy for you !!

That's good info to have about calling. My packet was submitted today to the insurance - I have every finger & toe crossed.

That's good info to have about calling. My packet was submitted today to the insurance - I have every finger & toe crossed.

Wishing you good luck! I waited until the third day to call' date=' i had to tie myself up until then, LOL!

bmi.png

Hi everyone! I've already "announced" myself with surgery date of 10/2. Very excited, scared, you know the feeling. So many of you are posting about fantastic pre-surgery diets, exercise programs and weight loss and I am eating like there's no tomorrow. What is wrong with me?!? I am about to embark on a lifelong journey of eating right and I can't get myself to commit to eating right today. Maybe it's food funerals, maybe it's addiction, but I have never felt so out of control with my eating!

Is anyone else having the same issues? I'm so terrified that this isn't going to work. I felt like it was a sure thing and then I started reading about people gaining 50, 100 pounds back or losing 40 pounds and nothing more. I can't be that person... But I also know I can't be the person who works out 7 days a week. I know I can do this, I am a smart person and I can do anything I put my mind to - I just need the tool to help me do it.

Sorry for the rambling, I guess it helps just to say it to someone and get these feelings off my chest.

Thanks for listening :-)

I am right there with you! I have 20 days till surgery and I feel like every meal will be my "last". My "last" spaghetti, my "last" cheesecake, my "last" Big cheeseburger! Good grief! I know how to diet, and just feel out of control, like you! I will be on a 2 week pre op diet soon-so I hope I will get it under control then!

Good luck!

They said it could take up to 2 weeks so I was going to call the doctors office at the end of next week - if I hold out that long. Should I call the insurance instead? I'm a nervous wreck - I seem to meet all of their criteria and my dietician for the last 6 months said I'm a perfect candidate but who knows. I hate the waiting.