Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Before I Can Drink A Soda Or A Zipp Fizz?

Mosher are you sleeved? Nvm I found that you were. Your still early out the gate. I went through a grogy phase but now its hard for me to sleep. Caffiene doesnt sit to well for some reason. Feels like heartburn but in the bottom of your stomach. Its strange. But Like I said. Your energy levels gonna rocket so you really dont need that stuff. I work 12 hour night shifts 28 days straight. No problems here

Why wait 6 months or a year and stretch out the new stomach when you can have some the day of discharge and rip it open!!! Go for it ... Try not to die and get back vst let us know you did !

, Thanks for the rude comment. Why bother commenting at all?

Mosher are you sleeved? Nvm I found that you were. Your still early out the gate. I went through a grogy phase but now its hard for me to sleep. Caffiene doesnt sit to well for some reason. Feels like heartburn but in the bottom of your stomach. Its strange. But Like I said. Your energy levels gonna rocket so you really dont need that stuff. I work 12 hour night shifts 28 days straight. No problems here

Thanks, I dont work that many days in a row but I cant tolerate the coffee either. The 1st 5 weeks was pretty awful, but I'm feeling better now. Thanks for your reply

' date=' Thanks for the rude comment. Why bother commenting at all?[/quote']

Hey. Thats just a slap you in the face to wake u up type of comment. Lol. You have to understand the spectrum of personalities. Theres 4 main groups then 4 sub groups. I happen to be one of the ones like above but with age I am toning down lol.

They are only stating a possible outcome if you did.

I just took all my Zippfizz off this vessel last time I went home along with cases of applesauce, mt dew, cranberry juice and a bunch of other things that I just dont drink/eat anymore since surgery. After awhile the want just goes away

Oh funny you mention coffee lmao. I been getting new deckhands left and right. They all wake up and say "How do you want your coffee? " I look at them and say "empty". Each one looked at me in confusion and they say "What? A captain that dont drink coffee or smoke cigarettes." they crack me up cause they follow the habits of their superiors and I mess up their program lol.

I am 6 months out. Tea gives me heartburn moderately. So I figure if tea does me like that well coffee is gonna run the mill with me so I never touched it since 30 days preop

So you dont drink the zipp fizz anymore either? I'm new to the whole VST thing, Just want to be informed by people who have been there. Thanks for your posts.

So you dont drink the zipp fizz anymore either? I'm new to the whole VST thing' date=' Just want to be informed by people who have been there. Thanks for your posts.[/quote']

Nope no more Zipp fizz. I like it too. For me Wyler pink lemonade and Water is all I need. But hey B12 help raise your energy levels

5 Hour Energy (or you can find a generic version at the Dollar Tree which does the same exact effect) will give you probably the same amount of energy the Zipp Fizz would. I've never tried Zipp Fizz so I'm not really sure what kind of effect that would give you, so I can't comment on it. I just wanted to tell you there are alternatives out there.

Sleevers have a very difficult time absorbing B-12, and is especially true for me. I take in huge amounts yet my panels come back smack in the normal range always. It's bizarre, but it is what it is. I can imagine how they'd look if I never took any.

Keep in mind everyone is different, so I'm not advising anyone to go out and do what I'm doing. The best thing to do especially if you are less than 6 months post op is to ask your surgeon or nutritionist what you should be eating as far as supplements.

All the best!

Also, Sam's Club has 5hr energy for $36/24pk. I buy it that way because it breaks down to $1.50 each. A box could last me about 6 months though.

Sleevers have a very difficult time absorbing B-12' date=' and is especially true for me. I take in huge amounts yet my panels come back smack in the normal range always. It's bizarre, but it is what it is. I can imagine how they'd look if I never took any.

Keep in mind everyone is different, so I'm not advising anyone to go out and do what I'm doing. The best thing to do especially if you are less than 6 months post op is to ask your surgeon or nutritionist what you should be eating as far as supplements.

All the best![/quote']

Thats why I do the injectables and I honestly feel the difference.

I hv a frnd tht didnt start drinking pop until she ws on her 5th yr & its diet. She has done very good & eats right now.

I hv a frnd tht didnt start drinking pop until she ws on her 5th yr & its diet. She has done very good & eats right now.

You have a friend that's a 5 year sleever? Why is she not here? >:(

Effervescent tablets are not the same as carbonated I am on prescription effervescent Calcium tablets as soon as the tablet has finished fizzing and dissolving its not fizzy and carbonated its flat its just when its dissolving that its going made and fizzing as it breaks up I assume that’s what the zippy things are a effervescent tablet you dissolve in Water.< /p>

You have a friend that's a 5 year sleever? Why is she not here? >:(

Well shes gastric bypass but still had the weight loss surgery & has done wonderful.

Effervescent tablets are not the same as carbonated I am on prescription effervescent Calcium tablets as soon as the tablet has finished fizzing and dissolving its not fizzy and carbonated its flat its just when its dissolving that its going made and fizzing as it breaks up I assume that’s what the zippy things are a effervescent tablet you dissolve in Water.

It stays fizzy for awhile. Mine is an imitation of an orange soda with added b-12, caffiene and more