Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Chris and I’m from the Bronx(NY) I will be having my surgery(hopefully) at Montefiore with Dr. Vemulapalli, so many things are running through my head and so many questions I want to ask. For all the women that can answer this; is the sleeve more painful than having a c-section?

I have had 3 c-sections and I remember that the pain from the first one was horrible but the second and third were a breeze. Lol…

Thanks

I would like ot hear the reply as well.

When I asked this question my surgeon he said that c-section and much harder to handle because it is open surgery....

but I had 2 c-section and first one was terrible and 2nd one was a breeze.

but laporascopy I had before was even worse then 1st c-section.....

I had a c-section also and thought that hurt worse than the sleeve did. I got up the first time after having the sleeve and was shocked that it wasn't more painful. So, don't worry. Everything will be fine.

I have had three C-sections and each one was very painful for me. The sleeve was a breeze for me compared to the C-sections...also you aren't caring for newborn after the sleeve! :)

I had a section about a year prior to having my sleeve. The only real comparison I can make between the 2 is that stretching/pulling feeling you have when you first stand up. That, to me, was exactly the same. Otherwise, the sleeve incisions are short and small and I think I would describe the pain as more of a sore or tender type of feeling...not really the same as the pain after the c-section.

Hopefully the sleeve will be a breeze for you just like your last 2 c-sections!!!

NO! C-Sections are open and I ended up having to wear a very tight binder because it hurt me to sneeze, laugh, cough, belch...everything. What was the worst for me was that I was nearly incapacitated for 6-weeks (doctor's orders) so even though the pain had nearly disappeared, I still wasn't able to do what I needed to do. With the VSG, I was up walking the same day.

Ive had 2 c-sections and an open hysterectomy....I can not say that any of those were extremely painful because thank God I have a very high pain tolerance....but there was some pain and I definitely used the pain pump in the hospital and meds for a while after getting home.

I was sleeved 6 days ago and I can tell you for me, I had ZERO pain with the exception of a little gas pain in my shoulder the very first night. My actual incisions and stomach has not been painful at all, was up walking 1 hour after surgery and had no issues. Is it a litter tender, yes. Can I go out and run a marathon.....of course not, I am sure I would be sore. But there has been no "pain" to speak of for me....

The sleeve was NOTHING compared to my c/s. I remember the agony of walking the first time after the c/s, but it was pretty simple after the sleeve. I also felt like it took several weeks after the c/s to feel somewhat normal (physically), and i felt pretty darn good after a week with the sleeve. When I first talked to someone in my surgeon's office, she told me how much easier her bypass was than her c/s and I was sold. No regrets.

Hands down c section pain is worse!! I can't tolerate pain to much and the sleeve pain is bearable. The epigastric gas after surgery is worse than the pain from the actual surgery

I had a hysterectomy which was an open abdominal procedure..I think I got around better after the sleeve than the hysterectomy. The pain was sharper in one spot than the abdominal incision though..I was on pain meds longer with the sleeve than the hysterectomy. Just take it easy, Let you body heal, and I bet you'll be glad you made the decision for weight loss surgery.

my experience is sleeve much worse than my c-section,the JP drain was the absolute worst

I think it's about the same. However, you do get pain inside from drinking too fast or too much and this pain you obviously don't have when you have a c-section. Pain meds are probably better or stronger too since they usually don't prescribe the good stuff if you're nursing. So if you did okay with a c-section, you will be fine with this surgery too in my own opinion.

This is encouraging to hear :)

I had an open total hysterectomy and got through it ok so the sleeve should be a breeze :)

I've had both (csection) and sleeve. The pain from neither was that bad. I was off all sleeve pain meds the next day. Csection, maybe 2 days.