Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

• I've seen recipes using spaghetti squash and Egg Face has a zucchini pasta... has anyone tried anything like that? I'm curious because I get Pasta cravings too... especially when out to eat. :(

I use spaghetti squash from time to time as a pasta substitute and love it. I highly recommend trying it.

I've seen recipes using spaghetti squash and Egg Face has a zucchini Pasta... has anyone tried anything like that? I'm curious because I get Pasta cravings too... especially when out to eat. :(

I've tried both. I add zucchini, cut to the size of ziti, to repace 1/2 the pasta in baked ziti. I slice zucchini or eggplant to replace most of the pasta in lasagna. Spagetti squash with whatever your favorite sauce is, is AWESOME!! I've used lean ground turkey to make homemade meat sauce, meatballs, chicken,shrimp, turkey or chicken sausage etc...

Ruby Tuesday even has a spagetti squash side dish or entree. They are also wonderful, if you explain that you had surgery and can only eat small portions. They will let an appetizer or side dish count as your meal, then salad bar for $2.99 (or whatever it is with a meal) One waitress even brought a container to take some salad home, saying that I had hardly eaten any and I am paying for it, might as well get my money's worth.

What about rice noodles from Whole Foods, they are great and yummy.

I agree with the quinoa Pasta. It's tasty too.

I have been told to keep my carbs VERY low. Protein to carbs is supposed to be 3:1. So those pastas have WAAAY more carbs than I am allowed. I was hoping there was a Pasta out there that had mostly Protein, and few carbs. Wishful thinking, I guess. I appreciate the suggestions, though.

Pasta has the made me sick (puke) maybe that is a good thing, I stay away from it! Same with ice cream. Who knew?

I try to focus on getting Protein in that is challange enough for me.

Love this sleeve!!!!

Dee

I've seen recipes using spaghetti squash and Egg Face has a zucchini Pasta... has anyone tried anything like that? I'm curious because I get Pasta cravings too... especially when out to eat. :(

Yes, and it's so easy to make! I love spaghetti squash, even just by itself with a little Parmesan and fresh parsley or basil. I would ask at restaurants how they prepare it since most chefs use butter, butter, butter to make things shiny and taste good. It keeps well, so even if you have a lot, it heats up quickly for a little addition to some leftover roasted chicken or filet and veggies. Yum!

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/, great low carb Pasta I have been using for years. For the longest I could only find at certain grocery stores but I saw it wal-mart recently.

Ruby Tuesday even has a spagetti squash side dish or entree. They are also wonderful, if you explain that you had surgery and can only eat small portions. They will let an appetizer or side dish count as your meal, then salad bar for $2.99 (or whatever it is with a meal) One waitress even brought a container to take some salad home, saying that I had hardly eaten any and I am paying for it, might as well get my money's worth.

I went to Ruby Tuesday last night and got spaghetti squash as one of my sides. I've never had it before but I'm wondering... is it supposed to be crunchy? I imagined, as a Pasta substitute, it being a similar texture and consistency. I thought maybe they didn't cook it right (or at all) because it didn't taste how I thought it would. I'm not the best cook so I'd rather try new stuff at a restaurant. When I try to cook new things I never know if I just don't like the food or if it takes bad because I'm a novice in the kitchen.

I went to Ruby Tuesday last night and got spaghetti squash as one of my sides. I've never had it before but I'm wondering... is it supposed to be crunchy? I imagined, as a Pasta substitute, it being a similar texture and consistency. I thought maybe they didn't cook it right (or at all) because it didn't taste how I thought it would. I'm not the best cook so I'd rather try new stuff at a restaurant. When I try to cook new things I never know if I just don't like the food or if it takes bad because I'm a novice in the kitchen.

Sometimes it is a little 'al-dente', shouldn't be actually crunchy, though, maybe wasn't cooked enough? At home, you can try it, to compare the texture. Just cut in 1/2, scrape out seeds, put face down on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 350* till you can stab it easily, then scrape out the strands with a fork. It is not exactly the same texture as Pasta, but should be tender strands and you can top it with anything that you would put on pasta.

I found a website that has a Pasta that is SUPER-HIGH in Protein (26gm), and only 3 net carbs, has anyone tried it? It's pricey, but would last a while as I only eat small portions. http://www.dixiediner.com/skinni%C3%82%E2%84%A2-spaghetti%C3%82%E2%84%A2-carb-angel-hair-pasta-p-234.html

Also found these Bagels http://www.westernbagel.com/products/the_perfect_10/perfect_10.php

http://www.vivalowcarb.com/mirico-everything-bagels.html

The japanese past made from some root, I can't remember the name. It was great for a couple of weeks, then it started giving me the type of stomach ache that feels like someone kicked you in the stomach. I thought maybe it was a fluke the first time, but then every time after that itt was the same. I threw out so much of it! ;(

The Pasta I mentioned are call Shirataki noodles, I think. Made from some wild yam root. No carbs, pretty tasteless, very filling. But did not agree with me at all.

I was on a romantic weekend with BF this weekend- staying in a cute seaside B&B and the only dinner they were serving was Lobster Mac & cheese. I could have picked the lobster out and ignored the pasta- but I totally dug in to that insanely delicious dish! I got about 4 bites in and was done. Full & finshed.

Now.... Im doing good on my weight loss- at 4 mo out I am happy and can eat anything w/o any issues.... but I don't obsess over carbs. I try to stick to Protein and make good choices but if something tempts me- I'm gonna eat it.

So.... In my opinion- if you want it and can tolerate it- go for it! Have some Pasta when going out or if you are in a pinch. All good things in moderation.

I agree with you, with as little as I can eat I don't want have to give up Pasta or anything else for that matter, other than soda I miss soda. But I digress if I want pasta I'll have it because I can only eat about 3 or 4 bites anyway.