Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on July 23rd. Almost 2 weeks out and I am down 20 pounds. It still seems a bit surreal to me. My surgeon didn't require any pre surgery dieting, so up until the Saturday before, I was eating normally (or not normally). Then from Sunday it was liquids only. I am still having trouble getting the Protein and fluids. I find when I drink Protein shakes, i get the gurgling and an odd gas like, kind of full, feeling. I try and take small swallows but it doesn't always help. I am just now able to have greek yogurt without causing too many stomach issues. My favorite which I can now eat is cream of wheat cooked in homemade chicken broth. If you add more chicken broth you get a thick Soup like mixture that is filling but also very flavorful. I can start soft foods on Monday and I am looking forward to a scrambled egg and tuna/chicken salad. I guess thats better than craving chocolate!

I was able to stop the pain killers Monday. I didn't have a sleeve and the incision pain is minimal and short lived. I do have pain my left side and lower left abdomen where the surgeon cut the muscle. Its much better and tends to act up when I push myself too much or lift something heavy. Of course, I thought there was a problem since the pain was below the belly button to the the left and that didn't seem right given the distance from the stomach. So to any sleever that has similar pain, its normal.

Best of luck to everyone!

whats goin on july sleevers its been just bout my 2 week mark down 34lbs to the dot couldn't be happier still haven't smoked a cig and trying to stay focused not easy but just taking it day by day I'm glad to hear most of us july members are doing great i mean im not in pain anymore every once in a while ill move a certain way and be sore but not true pain well hope all is well everyone

July 13th sleever checking in!!!! 3 weeks post op. I feel great. No pain and healing well. Tolerate everything I'm allowed to eat. eggs, cream of wheat, and cream of chicken Soups are my go to meals. (they said strain the chicken pieces out but they are so small, moist, and tender I chomp right through them) I'm only down 27lbs but I'm happy. I can see it in my face and neck area. Most of that came off in the 1st week in a half. I lost a lot pre op and in general throughout the year so my surgeon said I'm doing ok. I know that once I get back to the gym and amp up my walking I will drop. Right now...I'm taking it easy by doing light strolling. Chillaxing @ home!!!

:D Howdy all!! Well the end of my first week back to work and 3rd week post-op and while I feel pretty darn good, I am pooped! lol I think I've expended alot of energy during the week. My stomach is doing good, no nausea, etc. I had a SlimFast today and it was great! And it has 20g of protein..... hmmmm chocolate AND protein.... yeah works for me!! lol I plan on sitting by the pool and getting some sun time in! Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Hugs! :rolleyes:

I'm on week 4. So soft foods. Really is better than liquids and Purées. I get real food in a week. Yay. In down 32 BUT have been at dreaded week 3 stall since July 27th. Blech. Any tips?

I'll be one month out Monday. My surgery was July 9th. Started at 260, only have lost 20 lbs, I was at a stall for two weeks, which I think is incredible this early. I keep telling myself that if I go about my business, before I know it all the weight will be gone. I return to work Monday.

My surgery was July 24th. I am feeling great. I have 3 more days till I start soft foods, can't wait. I am not feeling much restriction at this point, (i can drink a 12 oz Protein shake an hour no problem) I'm hoping to notice more when I start soft foods.

I was 285 prior to 2 week preop diet, was 265 on day of surgery and was 257 today.

The last few days I have been averaging between 500-600 calories, 30 gram carb, 25 gram fat, and 70 gram Protein. Does this sound about right to all of you, I was given pretty vague guidelines till I get further out. I have been using "loseit" to track my food, wich imports to my "fitbit" account, where I track activity and water/fluids.

My surgery was July 24th. I am feeling great. I have 3 more days till I start soft foods, can't wait. I am not feeling much restriction at this point, (i can drink a 12 oz Protein shake an hour no problem) I'm hoping to notice more when I start soft foods.

I was 285 prior to 2 week preop diet, was 265 on day of surgery and was 257 today.

The last few days I have been averaging between 500-600 calories, 30 gram carb, 25 gram fat, and 70 gram Protein. Does this sound about right to all of you, I was given pretty vague guidelines till I get further out. I have been using "loseit" to track my food, wich imports to my "fitbit" account, where I track activity and water/fluids.

Yeah that looks good. We were sleeved the same day and I can't get in as much yet. I average 300-400 calories a day, 25-30 carbs, 5-10 fat and 45 protein. I need to up my protein, you need around 60-80 a day so that's great you've been reaching it.

Sleeved July 30th 5 days post op down 15 pounds. I quit smoking 2 months before surgery, and as crazy as it sound it has been more difficult not to light up. I'm not hungry at all.

Sleeved July 24th, recovery going well. Only used pain meds for 3 nights. Still 9 more days of full liquids (every Doc is different, it seems, but I am patient...) getting plenty of liquids, and Protein numbers are good. I lost about 45 pounds pre-op, so I'm not really worrying about calories right now, although I'm sure they are not too high. Just concentrating on letting my body heal. Rarely actually hungry, and the feeling seems transient. Grateful to be given this opportunity to get my weight under control, for the first time in my life.

thank you for you comment suzjag :) seem like he's doing ok at work. The put him on light dutie so he isnt doing anything heavy or difficult.

He isnt scheduled to see his doctor until 8/7' date=' so we plan on moving up to puree n mushy food by tomorrow. Which will include cream of wheat n 4 min eggs :) hope everybody is staying positive.......have a great day!![/quote']

Good to hear :)

Wow so glad to hear all your inputs, and so happy and proud of all your weight loss. This journey is surely not easy but definitely worth it. I too have struggled with buyer's remorse and the fact that this is a forever change. My surgery was July 18th and I'm 21lbs down but i guess a little part of me thought that the pounds would just come off over night. i have 3 kids and preparing the meals for the family has been tough because there food seems yummier than my boring food lol. Its not that im hungry but bored of the same food. I already started the puree. Im still having a little trouble with the Protein the highest I've gone is 68g. The shakes are tough to swallow. I could only manage to drink one in the morning.

Hello, I was sleeved on 7/19 doing good down 20 pounds.....

Hello...I was sleeved on July 2nd and I am doing great. I think I have hit the dreaded 3 week stall but it is o.k. I know this will pass and hopefully sooner than later. I still have some slight incision pain from time to time but not anything that I need meds for. I weighed 210 and lost 4 pounds before surgery and now I weigh 192-193 depending on what my body wants to weigh in the morning... :P

I was sleeved July 2nd and am down 25 lbs. I had a plateau around the 3-4 wk mark but finally broke through with 3 30 minute treadmill sessions a day. Maybe that was all my body needed to get that jumpstart? I talked to my nutritionist who told me that many people have the same thing happened when they are in the mushie stage for some reason. I really thought I was doing something wrong!! My first day back to work is tomorrow and the following day is my first visit with my surgeon. I can't wait to get back to work, but I did not tell anyone where I was for the past month and am kinda nervous what everyone will think about my weight loss. (I've lost 33 lbs since everyone has seen me last!) I can tell in the clothes I try on that I've lost weight...but in my mind I'm still that fat girl that hasn't lost any. It's going to take some time for me to get over my body image issues. Other than that I feel great and have ZERO regrets!!