Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved July 18 and am down 18lbs, although this includes the six I gained at the hospital! Today is my first day of mushies....what a difference in energy a scrambled egg and some b-12 has made! I was pretty weak even with the Protein Shakes. Somehow today feels like I've crawled over the hump, and I'm on my way:)

I had my surgery on July 10th. I had three full weeks of thin and thick liquids and am moving into the pureed stage (FINALLY). For me the physical aspect of the surgery has been going very well. I am healing great' date=' my surgical glue and scabs have all fallen off and I am starting Vitamin E oil to minimise the scarring. I do have some problems in the morning. I am tired, a bit turned off of eating or drinking anything, and feel yuckie overall. I have been told that it is my body adjusting to my new smaller stomach and that it will pass. I did feel better this morning than I have in the past week and a half. My biggest struggle is the emotional rollercoaster that followed the surgery. The day after I was released I was sent to the emergency room with as it turns out...severe panick attacks. I only found this out after 18 hours in ER and another trip via ambulance the next day. Three weeks out and I still have mild panick attacks, but they get better each day. Xanax helps a lot. I went from taking 3 a day when first diagnosed to just one a day (yeah me!). The other side of this for me was the sadness and depression. I was depressed before my surgery due to the emotional trauma of being obese, but after the surgery I started to have depression spirals...bad ones. I would cry several times a day, I couldn't think positive to save my life. I went to both my doctor and a psychologist and they said that emotional turbulance is normal the first couple of weeks to a couple of months. Part of it is due to the fact that I just hit my life physically and emotionally with a big mack truck, my relationship to food which had been a security blanket to me had changed, and as fat is consumed by the body the stores of estrogen in the fat is released causing more moodieness. The biggest hurtle I have faced is dealing with "buyers remorse". Knowing that my life will NEVER be the same again can be very scary, but I know in the end it will be wonderful. I just have to get past what I am calling "hell weeks" After upping my antideperessants a little bit, I am getting better at focusing on all the benefits that are heading my way as a result of the surgery. It will be a long road, but I know that the emotional turmoil is perfectly normal, and above all...temporary. I just take it one day at a time.[/quote']

Thinking of you and hoping your doing well. I can relate to your plight and am also staying strong and taking one day at a time. :)

Hi my husband was sleeved on July 18 and is 23lbs down today :) is back to work n still on his clear/full liquid diet.

Hope he doesn't overdo it :(

Suzjag god how I kno bout panic attacks had em the hospital and a couple ***hts at home I also had to go to the hospital but for an allergic reaction stay strong everyone I've talked to said its worth it

And update for me I was sleeved July 23rd and I'm Down 32lbs surgery weight 355 today 323 feels good

Hi

I was sleeved July 24th in MX by Dr. Ponce. Had a great experiece. Im down 14 lbs. woo hooo!! I was very tired the first few days but now I'm feeling great! Started mushies this week and Protein Shakes.< /p>

I had my surgery on July 10th. I had three full weeks of thin and thick liquids and am moving into the pureed stage (FINALLY). For me the physical aspect of the surgery has been going very well. I am healing great, my surgical glue and scabs have all fallen off and I am starting Vitamin E oil to minimise the scarring. I do have some problems in the morning. I am tired, a bit turned off of eating or drinking anything, and feel yuckie overall. I have been told that it is my body adjusting to my new smaller stomach and that it will pass. I did feel better this morning than I have in the past week and a half. My biggest struggle is the emotional rollercoaster that followed the surgery. The day after I was released I was sent to the emergency room with as it turns out...severe panick attacks. I only found this out after 18 hours in ER and another trip via ambulance the next day. Three weeks out and I still have mild panick attacks, but they get better each day. Xanax helps a lot. I went from taking 3 a day when first diagnosed to just one a day (yeah me!). The other side of this for me was the sadness and depression. I was depressed before my surgery due to the emotional trauma of being obese, but after the surgery I started to have depression spirals...bad ones. I would cry several times a day, I couldn't think positive to save my life. I went to both my doctor and a psychologist and they said that emotional turbulance is normal the first couple of weeks to a couple of months. Part of it is due to the fact that I just hit my life physically and emotionally with a big mack truck, my relationship to food which had been a security blanket to me had changed, and as fat is consumed by the body the stores of estrogen in the fat is released causing more moodieness. The biggest hurtle I have faced is dealing with "buyers remorse". Knowing that my life will NEVER be the same again can be very scary, but I know in the end it will be wonderful. I just have to get past what I am calling "hell weeks" After upping my antideperessants a little bit, I am getting better at focusing on all the benefits that are heading my way as a result of the surgery. It will be a long road, but I know that the emotional turmoil is perfectly normal, and above all...temporary. I just take it one day at a time.

Bless your heart, hang in there. It is a lot for our body, mind and soul to go through. I was exhausted the first week, but this week I feel like running around. One thing that has helped me is remembering that yes we have a major change in our life going on but eventually we will be able to eat what we want, just in tiny portions. My brain keeps playing tricks on me, if I see a yummy commercial, my brain says oh arn't you hungry...but I keep telling myself no as a matter of fact im not..it's a new lifestyle but one well worth the fight. Try and find a group meeting to attend, or a walking partner this will help to. Good Luck

Hey folks, I am new here. I was sleeved in CO by Dr. Chae on July 17. I am down 17 lbs since surgery with zero complications. I can barely even tell I had it done, save for the lack of energy, scars and feeling full much faster.

I also got in decent cardio shape and lost 38 lbs from April-July before the surgery, which I am very glad I did. I attribute the smooth surgery and recovery to that as well as the experience and skill of my surgeon and the hospital staff.

Good luck to everyone pre and post-surgery.

J

I always forget about the ticker. I lost 13lbs after the first 7 days and have been floating between 190 and 191 since. The other 14 was lost preop. I thought my stall was broken, but no such luck. It is nice to see my weight going down rather than up...now if I could just find ENERGY!

I was sleeved on July 16th. I'm happy, feel positive and haven't had any complications. I started pureed on Monday. Even though I never was a cook before I made that Eggface ricotta bake and it's awesome. After that almost month (including liquid pre-diet) of liquid it's great to have a little substance.

Overall, I feel motivated and happy with my weight loss too. Ooh and today was my last shot in the belly (to not get blood clots)!!!!

I wish everyone struggling good luck and hope that everyday gets better and better. I'm sure it will. Keep remembering how great you'll feel physically just moving around and not saddled with all that weight. :)

I was sleeved on the 12th. July 9th I met my surgeon and weighed in at 241. Yesterday I met with him and weighed in at 222 so 19 lbs down. The first week was the worst for me. Getting liquids and Protein was fine but the pain of the main incision was horrible. Dilaudid was the only thing that I got relief from and it lasted only an hour. I saw a p.a. at my surgeons office at 6 days post op and she did a trigger point injection around the incision and that helped a lot. Now the pain has been getting better. I bought a bike today so I can go for bike rides with my son. My physical therapist said people who lose the majority of their weight in the first 6 months are more likely to keep it off so that's what I'm going to work on.

Hey everyone!! Today I had my 2 week check up (surgery 7/17) and I could not be happier!!! I'm down 32 lbs!! I feel so good that I even asked my dr if there was something wrong with me! lol Part of the reason is that I've had a huge amount of Fluid in my chest and has greatly affected my breathing but its mostly gone now and I CAN BREATHE!!!! Such a glorious feeling! My left leg was also very swollen and had a good case of cellulitis going on and that is all gone also. First week was rough but it was/is all worth it! Good luck to everyone. :wub:

How are all the July sleevers doin just wondering I had mine done Monday the 23rd down 21lbs hell yeah and stopped smoking harder than eating so hope everyone else on the sleeve team is doin well too god bless

Your progress is ridiculous! Congrats!

I was sleeved the 24th. Day of surgery my scale said 255, theirs was 257. This morning mine said 244 so around 12lbs lost. Not bad as I came home from the hospital the same weight with all the IV Fluid I received. Tomorrow is my (early) 2-week appointment. I haven't been able to reach my Protein or fluid goal yet for the day but I'm not too worried. I'm supposed to be on full liquids for 4 weeks but I don't know if I can handle it for that long. I find most what I have to eat unappetizing. It's either a shake or Soup I have to add yucky Protein Powder to. I hope I can move on to mushies sooner. I'm dying for an egg or tuna salad.< /p>

I was sleeved on July 27. Prior to my preop diet I weighed 249 pounds. Today I weigh 227. I'm amazed with the feeling that real, sustained weight loss may actually be possible! I'm on purees, and have been hitting my Protein goals, but falling short on fluids. I am really going to focus on that today.

I finally started to feel a little hungry yesterday. It was a nice change from feeling like I never wanted to eat again.

I still have some significant pain, but am trying to wean myself off of pain medicine. I'm gaining more strength every day. I plan on going back to work a week from Monday, and I do a significant amount of walking at work, so I've been walking (slowly) on the treadmill each day.

And, I have a job interview on Tuesday! Crazy timing, but I'm hoping I can be off the pain medicine in time, have more strength for sitting up in a chair, and the stamina to be "up" for it.