Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Top 5 Things You Will Not Miss After Vsg

I won't miss.

1. Waiting to exhale!

2. Asking if I want an some ones old Treadmill when I already had one!

3. Being ask to be the Wedding planner and not a brides maid.

4. Feeling too stuck to move on in areas of my life!

5. Needing to hold on to the bannister just going up the stairs while in pain!

Here's a tag! Name the top 5 things you will not miss or will be glad to say "goodbye" to forever post op! Here's mine to start

1. The stares from people. Followed by the whispers. I can still hear you when I have literally just walked past u and u say to your friend "look how big/fat she is"

2. The sweating. I'm 25 years old...I am not anywhere near menopause but omg being overweight gives me a glimpse of what night sweats and hot flashes are gonna feel like.

3. The smell...I don't know how else to put it. But ever since I started gaining weight there's that smell that comes with being overweight...tmi perhaps but it's a foul odor from my folds..and especially under my breasts (im top heavy)

4. The disappointment at clothing stores. You know when you see something and you think of course that's gonna fit! But I'm gonna try it on anyways...and it's way too tight? Not gonna miss that! Or worse when ur too tired or annoyed to try it on at the store and u go home to try it and realize its too tight..go to return it and when the cashier says "was there something wrong with it?" and u say yeah it was too big/lose when the truth is it was the opposite but u were too ashamed to say.

5. Being out of breath after the smallest things - walking 10 stairs to the 2nd level of my house..are u kidding me? Then having to sit for 5 mins So I can catch my breath! Forget sports or running or just being able to run around with little kids..I can't even walk without feeling winded!!

1. My thighs rubbing together

2. Finding cute outfits that do not come in my size

3. Not being able to cross my legs

4. Feeling uncomfortable during sex

5. My bra constantly digging in my skin and leaving marks due to excess backfat.

I will not miss my stomache and boobs having to sit on a table cuz im to big when I go out to eat.

I will not miss seeing those skinny little witches in the mall walking around like they own the place cuz I will be skinny WHAT!.

I will not miss looking in the mirror 1200 times just to see what remotely looks ok on me,

I will not miss my brotherinlaw crackin fat jokes on me

I wont miss being able to walk to town from my house 5 miles without almost dieing and I wont miss getting in my car driving and feeling like my car is screaming.

1. I will not miss needing my dear husband help me squeeze all my fat into a girdle and help me fasten my shoes.

2. I will not miss checking mall directories to see which stores I might be able to find something to wear instead of be able to go into any store I like.

3. I will not miss always wearing a huge coverup over my swimsuit, even in 120 degree weather.

4. I wont miss just watching my grandkids get on amusement park rides instead of riding with them.

5. I wont miss the myriad of embarassing issues that happen when I fly. Going sideways down the aisle of the plane, squeezing into a window seat, asking for an extender from the attendant. ( I solved this last one by keeping one from a flight I took a couple of years ago. I use it whenever I fly now. But since I know stealing is wrong I will make sure to return it on my first post op flight!) Lol

6. I wont miss practically sitting in my husband's lap when we go places so that I don't infringe on the space of whoever is sitting on the other side of me.

7. I won't miss not wanting to shop with my skinnier friends because we can't shop together in anything but shoe and accessory stores, so I always end up sitting outside the fitting rooms waiting for them.

8. I won't miss the prayer that I have to send up when I get on a massage table (for the table not to break and for me not to fall off)

1) low self esteem from gaining all this weight! (I used to be thin)

2) not being about to shop at my fav clothing stores. Lane Bryant is too expensive lol!

3) feeling embarrassed to have sex with my hubby

4) wearing a bathing suit at the beach and never wearin shorts because I try to cover everything!

5) not being able to run and play with my kids!!!!!!

1. Sitting in my recliner and wishing my body didn't hurt so I could clean my house.

2. Having to grab my pants leg to pull my foot up to my knee so I can tie my shoe and then the now being off center because its always to the inside of my shoe.

3. Not being able to enjoy a nice long hot bath because I'm squashed up in the tub and scared I'm gonna be stuck.

4. Not being able to ride on the back of my husbands motorcycle because I know he can't hold my weight up.

5. Having to ask my 70 yr old mother to come help me clean my house because I tire out so easily. (I'm gonna clean hers now).

I haven't had surgery yet, however, I'm really wanting to have it done at the end of this year. I absolutely LOVE reading all of the funny and often NOT funny things everyone has to say. So many of them remind me of myself! Thanks so much for being yourselves... And honest about this journey!!

1. I will not miss needing my dear husband help me squeeze all my fat into a girdle and help me fasten my shoes.

2. I will not miss checking mall directories to see which stores I might be able to find something to wear instead of be able to go into any store I like.

3. I will not miss always wearing a huge coverup over my swimsuit' date=' even in 120 degree weather.

4. I wont miss just watching my grandkids get on amusement park rides instead of riding with them.

5. I wont miss the myriad of embarassing issues that happen when I fly. Going sideways down the aisle of the plane, squeezing into a window seat, asking for an extender from the attendant. ( I solved this last one by keeping one from a flight I took a couple of years ago. I use it whenever I fly now. But since I know stealing is wrong I will make sure to return it on my first post op flight!) Lol

6. I wont miss practically sitting in my husband's lap when we go places so that I don't infringe on the space of whoever is sitting on the other side of me.

7. I won't miss not wanting to shop with my skinnier friends because we can't shop together in anything but shoe and accessory stores, so I always end up sitting outside the fitting rooms waiting for them.

8. I won't miss the prayer that I have to send up when I get on a massage table (for the table not to break and for me not to fall off)[/quote']

Now you will sit on his lap because you want too! Lol

Now you will sit on his lap because you want too! Lol

Actually, I'm thinking HE'LL want me to! Lol

Actually' date=' I'm thinking HE'LL want me to! Lol[/quote']

You go girl!

Nice thought!!!!

1. I won't miss being fat!

2. I won't mis my kids having to hear "that's why your mother fat"

3. I won't miss being the fat friend.

4. I won't miss HAVING to wear slimming garments (even though I now know they did nothing of the such)

5. I won't miss being able to over eat and not get sick (thanks for restriction)

I could do 10!!!!

1. I will not miss walking out of a room backwards so people do not see the "broad side of a barn" butt or not undressing in front of anyone, including my husband with the light on

2. I will not miss people telling me I have such a pretty face and knowing they mean that if I was thin, it would all look good all over

3. I will not miss not being able to swing on a swing set or a slide with my kids

4. I will not miss the instant insecurity I get when people make comments about what I eating especially when its a small piece of cake or tiny dish of ice cream... The constant critisism and they dont even need to say a word, just by the eye gestures

5. I will not miss the helpless "fat-girl" down on myself behavior the world sometimes can impose on me.... When I know what a great, secure person I know I am!