Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whoa I'm in my 4th week post-op, I ate about half a small piece of tilapia. I started feeling full up to my throat. I stopped. I tried to burp couldn't do it. I kept waiting for it to go down. It just wouldn't go. This is gross, I have heard of slimming or dumping but i was trying not to have this happen. Well it happened. I'm wondering what I did wrong. The only thing I could think of was that I took 2 little sips of Water right before I ate. Were did all that slim come from? Anyone else have the same experiance?

Yep, that's what it feels like. I don't think it was the Water. I think your sleeve just isn't up for tilapia yet OR you ate past today's limit in your sleeve. Sometimes food that works one day won't work the next. Sometimes you can eat a particular volume one day and something else the next. When this happened to me, I backed off to softer textured foods for a day or so and let things calm down. I'm sorry it happened, because I know it feels horrid, but eventually you'll figure out after only a couple of bites if you're going to be able to handle a particular food, AND you'll be able to tell you're getting close to max with your sleeve. For a lot of us, there's some sort of "signal" that's different from pre-surgery. Mine is that my nose starts to run. I know when I'm eating and I get the sniffles it's time to stop. :-)

I am 11 weeks + 2 days and i still have not figured out my "signal".... luckily i have only slimmed a couple times.

what happens to me is - ((if i do not weigh and measure my food "every time", i inadvertently eat 1 bite to much))...i just get that "burp stuck" feeling. Very uncomfortable ... sometimes even painful.

i guess that could be my signal but it hurts like the dickens ... ""I wish my nose would run, instead""... :)

I'm just over 3 months out and the few times it has happened to me was when I take that "one more bite" or if I eat too quickly or with Peanut Butter. It is very uncomfortable and painful, You will eventually figure out your full signals or the foods that just don't agree with your sleeve.

Thank you- to all of these- now I know I'm not alone or crazy!

How much can you all eat at one time? I am only able to eat not even a quarter cup- I'm not complaining- just info...

I think I may have ate to fast. It tasted really good. I was excited because the fish had 20 Protein in it. I've been getting most of my Protein from shakes and greek yogurt so I thought this would be a great way to get my protein in. I will try it again next week.

I still have to figure out my signal.

As far as portion sizes it really just varies on what it is that I'm eating. I can eat a cup of greek yogurt. This morning I ate 1 cup of chex Cereal and 1 cup of milk. On the other hand I made the ricotta bake and I could only eat 1/4c-1/2c. Refried Beans same thing. I can eat 1 string cheese which fills me too. Yhanks for the responses!

I'm sorry can someone tell me what slimming is??? I kinda had the same experience with TILAPIA yesterday, I had to stop eating and literally wait half hr and I can feel it going down the whole time. Was so glad when I drank something to get it down. I thought maybe I didn't chew enough

Sliming is when you eat a bite too much or something that you're not tolerating well and you feel full and your mouth keeps filling up with saliva. I get this when I eat a bite too much and my mouth fills up with thicker saliva and I just keep spitting it out. The feeling subsides after a little while.

I am guessing that what happened to me was slimming b/c I tried to wait it out to see if the tilapia would go down but it just wouldn't so, this is gross but I had to run to the bathroom and when I threw up it was a bunch of slime that came up first then I threw up the fish. I am assuming that was what is called slimming. IDK. It was not the normal throw up. I hope it doesn't happen again for sure.

It's slimming. I had a band first and slimming was pretty normal. I only get it now if I take one bite too many. My signal is I sigh. I have to pay attention or I miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

It happened to me at 4 weeks. I had gone to a baby shower and nibbled on a few things that i shouldn't have. It went down so well, guess i got cocky. Went home and and took a bite of my sons bean burrito, and it wouldn't go down.... What came up in the bathroom, was the weirdest thing. Don't overeat, or eat too fast or the Slime Monster will come to visit!

Im 4 weeks out and have this over full feeling about every time i eat. I usually only have about 4 tsp of food when it hits. Not sure what to do about it ... very frusterating to eat. I even avoid eating all together sometimes.

The slime is your body producing mucous in order to clear what it perceives as a blockage in your stomach. I am 8 weeks out today and still get this when I eat too fast, too much, or don't chew enough.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I am almost a year out and this hasn't happened to me since 5 months out. and it happened 6 times or less total.

That sounds great! I am much more aware of how I am feeling while I am eating since this has happened to me. I hope I can prevent it from happening again. Do you think that the further you get the less likely it will happen?