Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Post Op. Can Eat Whole Sandwich?

By the way, do you think you're going to have WLS?

Stretching and GROW BACK are 2 really different things. Don't back track because you sounded like a complete idiot.

@

I genuinely hope that all the research you've done is a help to you during your WLS process...

If this is something you truly believe in and your concern for others is genuine, perhaps you could look at your approach to bringing up your points...

As things stand, you seem to be a little forceful in your approach..

Perhaps you could try something a little less "f*ck you lot are stupid" and a little more "hey guys, my research has shown something different to what you might have been told"..

While I'm at it, can I also suggest you make your presentation a little more 'readable'...

Rather than a wall of words, perhaps space things out a little...

Lastly -

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

The adults are trying to talk...

Thank you...

Same posting style. Hm.

The stomach does not "grow back" but it can "stretch".. Two very different situations.

Edited by meatpie

I'm always suspicious of someone's views who's spelling and grammar are of poor quality.

I'm with all the guys on here who have had their surgery ages ago and have experienced the highs and lows of their post surgery period. A newby of 20 hours (pre surgery too) posting as though they were an expert worries me insofar as there might be another newby reading those posts and it might put them off the idea of bariatric surgery. If you are a newby, you'll soon learn from reading the posts on this site who knows what they are talking about.

By the way, as regards bread, I have the odd bit of fresh bread now and again but I LOVE toast and can quite happily manage a couple of slices. My nearest and dearest has been on an economy drive of late so I have been making my own bread with lots of healthy seeds in it. Even healthy food sceptic, my husband, is loving it. Luckily, he hasn't discovered my new shoes and boots in the cupboard...........somewhat making a mockery of his 'economy' drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think someone up there needs a hug...

Any volunteers?

And that's why we call it the internet.

...I was told by my surgeon and other bariatric surgeons that eventually your stomach will grow back to almost of what it has been before. I was told I had about a year to two year window to loose the weight before my stomach would grow back...

You probably misunderstood what they said. There can be some slight stretching to the sleeve, but the area that remains is not very stretchable.

Humans aren't starfish, things cut off don't grow back, otherwise my foreskin would have grown back. :)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

And that's why we call it the internet.

We get to meet such lovely people!

Maybe this should be posted next to some people's computers?

slide_6.jpg

If your still loosing weight then enjoy your self. Most of these "experts" and "patients who are eating exactly what they are told" don't want you to enjoy your self. I do. So if it works then do it. If you think your overdoing it or stretching your stomach, "I don't know if its possible" then back off a bit. I was told by my surgeon and other bariatric surgeons that eventually your stomach will grow back to almost of what it has been before. I was told I had about a year to two year window to loose the weight before my stomach would grow back. So I shouldn't over due it but I should teach my self new good eating habits. But my whole point is this. Since as you know eating is not the same and it sometimes sucks, when you do something that isn't hurting you and you are enjoying your self, you are still loosing weight, continue to do it. I think these dietitions are mad that no one in the medical industry doesn't take them seriously they take what they can get and treat us like Sugar, Honey, Iced, 'Tea, if you know what I mean. They have the God complex. They love to tell you, "you can't" do this and you "must" do this. "Oh boy these idiots actually listen to the crap I tell them" Just use common sense. What every they tell you check it out first. My doctor always disagrees with my dietitian. When she tells me something I just ask my surgeon just to prove my point. Its fun to watch them disagree.

You changed your name. :)

I really have never had seen so many people who just believe what the last person has said and not what is really going on. If you had you would have seen that I started off making a helpful statement then the guy who you believe started to argue with me. I didn't lecture, argue or anything like that. I just tried to help. I was accused of saying stuff that weren't true.

And here you are telling me to shut up and I am not the adult. Give me a break.. If they are the adults then I want to talk to the children, as Jesus said suffer not the children.

Holy cow, I just looked in Yahoo to see if in 5 months I would be able to eat a sub and it brought me to this page. I don't think I can recommend it. It seems that after about 15 minutes of going through the suggestions I came across some guy who spoke his mind. Weather he is right or wrong he was ambushed by a bunch of know it all's. You would think that even if he was wrong people would treat him with respect. I being large most of my life got too much of this treatment and didn't think that the overweight people would treat each other is such a way. I was wrong. If this is what I am to become because I loose all the weight then let me keep it. You guys who treated this man with such disrespect, well, I don't like to use such profanity to describe what you are. This man was only trying to state his mind and if he is wrong he doesn't deserve people saying that he started arguments because you disagree with him. I happen to agree with him. My doctor told us the same thing. "you only have a year to eighteen months to get your stuff together" he said. so do your best because after that your stomache is larger and the enzymes that make you hungry start to grow back. Please don't answer me on that. I don't want you guys to bite off my head. I'm sorry I disagree with you, this is just what he said.

You jerks lay off your fellow man. Just because you can't bite food like you used to, it doesn't mean that you should bite off each others heads because you don't like what they say.

This poor guy didn't know what he was in for. Guy or gal, whoever wrote this, hang in there and know that us fatties aren't all like that. I just hope that we don't loose respect for other fatties or humans when we loose our weight. I pray for you. Everyone else, well I hope you all grow up and respect your fellow man or woman. Chow

So funny thing. As a host of this forum, I will go ahead and spill the Beans that you "two" are posting from the same IP address so I'd kindly ask you to please stop.

I appreciate your input even if I don't agree with what you are saying. All opinions are welcome here. Creating a second account just to support the argument of your first account is really not appropriate nor will it be tolerated. Thank you for conducting yourself in accordance to our policies and procedures.

Oh, and for the record, I love hot dogs. I eat them without bread almost every day. It's nasty, I know, but I really like the Oscar Meyer cheese dogs. I don't look for low fat, or chicken dogs (they make me gassy). I do high Protein, high fat, low carb.

At three years out next week, I can tell you with 100% certainty that despite my soda through a straw habit and my tendency to swig a few beers on a Friday or Saturday night, my stomach has not stretched nor has it "grown back". I never pooped out any staples, either, if y'all remember that one.

so what are you a analyst too. Stop touching yourself.

Please refer to the rules and regulations of this forum. This account has been reported as being created simply for the purpose of creating discord. Thank you.