Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down To 12 Days Until Surgery On July 25Th!

Good Grief! This seems like its taking FOREVER! I just want my surgery and to start working on making myself an amazing life!

Started out with exactly 30 days when I got my surgery date and now I'm down to 12, so it's been 18 days!!!

I'm leaving a week from today to go to Louisiana, as most of you know my bestie lives there and that's why I'm having the surgery there and she will be taking care or me afterward. It happened to work out that she's here in GA right now bc her husband had to do some make up time with the Guard(reserve)and she came up with him. So, I have her and one of the kids to ride back to her house with me! I wont have a lonely drive which will be so nice! Not that I mind driving alone bc I love to drive and take road trips!

We are going to NEW ORLEANS on 7/22 and stayin the night at the Sheraton French Quarter on Canal St about 2 1/2 blocks from bourbon! Got an AMAZING deal on the hotel! Got it for 86/night, their website books for $165/night! I got it on Hotwire.com bc it was one of the deals where it hides the hotel name and info until after u buy it which was fine bc i knew it was 4 star and was one of 5 hotels in the French Quarter bc of what their website says and I'd stay at any for that price lol....anyway just wanted to share my awesome deal!

I also got a great deal for the hotel for after the Dr for 2 days, paid 76/night and it's at Holiday Inn Express and they charge upwards of $125/night so not a bad deal either!

I'm honestly thinking about moving to Louisiana IF her and her husband don't move back to GA bc he's interviewing up here tomorrow. I'd love to have her back bc I miss seeing her more often BUT it sure is nice to go visit her there in Louisiana. The people there are so nice and accepting, it's just a nice place to visit and live. She is even contemplating not wanting to move bc she loves it there which is amazing to hear her say that! She has gotten close with his family which has been great, as well as his family has been able to get close with their two kids. I know...rambling!

Oh, I'm Day 10 CLEAN OF SMOKING!!! Loving every bit of it! This is one of my biggest accomplishments ever and I'm so proud of myself! It feels good to be a NON SMOKER now! I don't smell like smoke, my car smells good! No more cough, it's gone already! I can tell my smell is improving already.

Anyway I think I'll end with that bc I've written a lot! Lol

Thanks for EVERYONE'S support through this!

Johnathan

Congratulations!!!! The countdown has begun!!!!! Also, congrats on being 10 days free of smoking. Keep up the great job!

Yaaay Johnathan, I am excited for you! I know, the time seems to crawl by when you are getting close, mine did too! Congrats on quitting smoking, that is great! Best of luck to you!

Congratulations on so many things Johnathan. One for your upcoming surgery. I can only imagine how excited that must feel at 10 days. I know how excited I am at 24 days away!! But also a big congratulations for not smoking. I too was a smoker and I will reach my 1 year anniversary in October. I have never felt better. Being a smoker for over 16 years, (started smoking in teen years) I know how difficult quitting is, especially when you quit for yourself!

You are doing an awesome job. I wish you all the best in this journey and I hope everything moves very smoothly for you and you have a speedy recovery. Of course we all will be waiting for an update as soon as your feeling up to it. Hope you have a blast in Louisiana.

Congrats on your 1st big accomplishment of being a nonsmoker...one of many I'm sure you will have in the upcoming months.

I have my surgery on 7/17 so it is fast approaching and would just like to hit the fast forward button. Nervous and excited all in one.

Wishing great success and a speedy recovery from your surgery!!

Johnathon

how nice it is having supportive friends. your friend so willing and able to help you after surgery, Louisiana sounds like a great place to live - hope that goes well for you

waiting 12 more days is like waiting for a pot of Water to boil

but the pot will boil, and you will get your WLS sooner than later.

I was excited , anxious, nervous and all that stuff as WLS was

approaching.

Sounds like you are very excited to go on that great trip into sleeveland

good for you

12 days will turn into 10, and 8 etc. before you know it you'll have your IV in all set to be sleeved ;)

congrats on getting your sleeve

good luck

kathy

Good luck, before you know it you will be sleeved. Congrats on the quitting smoking.

I'm also a big fan of NOLA, I love that city. I just can't seem to get enough of it.

If you can quit smoking, you will be a very successful sleever I think. I am very excited for you. I was more excited and not really apprehensive at all. It felt more like an upcoming vacation, because it sort of was (3 weeks off, YAHOO!) and the start of a new life.

We will be here.

Congrats!!! I am also scheduled for surgery on the 25th!!! Can't wait. Scared but mostly excited to start my journey after my sleeve!