Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I Need A Drink!

......of ANYTHING. I can't stand artificial sweeteners, so anything diet or sugar free is out and I can't can't drink any cold Water cuz it hurts as it goes through to my stomach and room temperature water is just gross, always has been. When can I stop sipping, I want a refreshing drink of water or lemonade, I miss my lemonade. I am having such a hard time, sorry

I feel the same way. I'm 24days out and can't find anything to drink that taste good to me. I gave up my beloved diet coke and coffee. Tired of plain Water, and all the Vitamin waters taste to sweet. Bolthouse farms has some Protein Drinks that taste o.k. Can you drink diluted apple juice?

i just ordered samples of nectar. lots of flavors go to bariatric pantry. they have one called Roadside Lemonade. check it out.

are you post surgery and trying to find a good protien drink?

You might try truvia,,I think it tastes great in drinks..but everyone is different. I've had the nectar lemonade,,its not bad at all.

Thanx but I as far as I can tell I have tried every artificial sugar there is, I just hate them. I really think I'm screwed.

What is this nectar stuff? Where can I find it? Do they have lemonade?

I am 10 day post op today and I needed something else's to drink as well. My wife who had the surgery is 4 months post op and she had a sweet tea from mc donolds let me tell you this it is the best I tried it and dies not hurt was so freshing. I think I found a new hydration supplement.

I am 10 day post op today and I needed something else's to drink as well. My wife who had the surgery is 4 months post op and she had a sweet tea from mc donolds let me tell you this it is the best I tried it and dies not hurt was so freshing. I think I found a new hydration supplement.

OMG, please tell me you are NOT going to start using McDonald's Sweet tea as your primary source of fluids!

This drink is PACKED with sugar and has no nutritional value of any kind!

The numbers:

- Small (16 oz)

Calories: 150

Carbs: 36 g (all sugar!)

- Medium (21 oz)

Calories: 180

Carbs: 45 g (all sugar!)

- Large (32 oz)

Calories: 280

Carbs: 69 g (all sugar!)

Look at that! 69 g of sugar in a large! And nearly that's 1/2 a day's calories for a post-op patient!

And not a stitch of Protein or Vitamins in sight! Really? What was the point of giving up soda then, if you're just going to substitute it with this sugary Syrup?

You need to find a way to deal with artificial sweeteners (or natural-based sweeteners such as Stevia or Truvia or Agave syrup). Or else, give up sugar altogether. It is the carbs that make us fat and unhealthy and these hidden liquid calories are the major culprit. Don't let BIG BUSINESS make/keep you fat. All you're doing is fattening their corporate balance sheets by buying their cheap sugar Water (it costs them PENNIES for that large size).

Do yourself a HUGE favour and remember WHY you had the VSG in the first place. Your taste buds are stil readjusting from the surgery. I found that in the first 6 weeks post-op everything tasted horrible, and I had a bad taste in my mouth constantly. I suspect this was due to the fact that I was in ketosis. I'm adapting now and I am enjoying food and drink flavours again.

Save your calories and carbs for things that have some nutritional value! And focus on getting Protein in first. Carbs are the "last in line" food you need to be eating in order to have initial success in this endeavour!

www.mybariatricpantry.com for Roadside Lemonade, ,it tastes good but I mixed mine with a little more fresh lemon and added strawberries and put it in a blender..yum

Try Crystal Lite PURE. My NUT (who is STRICT) said it is approved.

It saved me.... I could not do regular Crystal Lite or other fake-ass sweet stuff. The Pure does not taste fake and is so yummy!

I would highly recommend reading "The End of Overeating". It will make you think twice about consuming processed and "fast" foods!

When I get sick of Water I use broth...chicken or beef consommé, and add some unflavored Protein powder to kill two birds with one stone.

As a guideline, regarding sugar....my nutritionist instructs no more than 5g of SUGAR (not "carbs") per 100 calories. I would recommend you check with your surgeon/nutritionist to see what they recommend.

Maybe some ice variations - ice chips were my "water" for a while because Water didn't do well. You can take whatever lemonade concoction you like, freeze it, and pulse it into chips. You might want to cut way back on the citrus though, it can be an irritatant.

Iced tea (you could amke it with a lemon tea if that's the flavor you're craving), coconut water, etc.

Gatorade mix packets do not have artificial sweetners. There's a brand called Electromix that has no calories, sweetners, etc. Luna mixes have no artificial sweetners (at least some of them). Celestial Seasonings "zingers to go" IIRC don't have artifical sweetners. Also look at some of the Vitamin waters. I know there are brands that do not use sweetners.

At some point you might to choose between "carbs" and "hydration" and "taste" - hydration wins. If you really cannot stomach anything sugar free, or cold, maybe it comes down to drinking the warm water because it's better than a trip to the ER.

......of ANYTHING. I can't stand artificial sweeteners, so anything diet or sugar free is out and I can't can't drink any cold water cuz it hurts as it goes through to my stomach and room temperature water is just gross, always has been. When can I stop sipping, I want a refreshing drink of water or lemonade, I miss my lemonade. I am having such a hard time, sorry

I can't do artificial sweeteners either! So I did 100% juice watered down a tad. I know exactly how you feel

Wylers lemonade is pretty good. It's only 5 calories per serving and sugar free. They have a regular and a pink lemonade. I only got to taste it because my 13 year old son drank the whole 2 liters I made in one night which alone says alot because my kids won't drink anything that taste like its diet.