Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the responses y'all! :) I was put on a 10 day pre op liquid diet, so I've been on it since Saturday, surgery is next Tuesday the 17th! Super excited and NERVOUSSSS!! I'm also nervous about my pre-op labwork I had done yesterday, I always think they are gonna call and tell me I'm deathly sick and can't have surgery! :/ nerves are a sucky thing!!

I made it through the day, I found some awesome Soups and broths , I had the curried red lentil Soup and it was amazing. The broth is very bland and I am out of onions and veggies, but I do plan to spruce it up and keep it in the fridge. Bad part is, I just broke down after midnight and had mac and cheese.. I feel so bad about doing that and I am excusing myself saying, Oh ok, so 6 days will be ok.. but what if it isnt? :

Pacific Natural Foods Organic

I've been telling myself the same thing, then I think "what if I haven't given myself enough time?" Its been super hard for me..I put broccoli in the blender today and made it like applesauce and I ate every bite, yea I'M HUNGRY! Lol but I am slowly getting better..its just veryyyy hard!!

Just finished my second day of SF clears with 3-4 Protein Drinks a day. Today was much easier than yesterday. This afternoon I noticed my saliva seemed sweet, or just had a sweet taste in my mouth. That was about the time I noticed my hunger fade away a bit. I can't believe this is really happening. My future is looking brighter by the day, though I know the road ahead is rugged.

It is awesome, you are almost there!

Hi everyone' date=' I know this is probably a common question..but..how long were you on your liquid diet? Just give a number of days, I'm just curious :)[/quote']

4weeks full liquid for me here...on day 8 and doing good

Ok, I started my liquid diet and ended up feeling so stupid today.. I woke up and weighed in and down 5 lbs.. awesome feeling for 2 days, But i can go up and down 8 lbs with Fluid retention so.. lol

BUT the stupid thing was, I was thinking liquid, not clear liquid so I had cream of mushroom ( organic low sodium ) and pinto bean puree.. Now I am 5 days away from surgery before this light comes on.. Do you think I am ok, will this effect my surgery at all or cause something bad to happen in surgery?

I am going clear tomorrow , i cant believe how that part slipped my mind, but I am also day 2 not smoking, so im a little crazy lol

Just finished my second day of SF clears with 3-4 Protein drinks a day. Today was much easier than yesterday. This afternoon I noticed my saliva seemed sweet' date=' or just had a sweet taste in my mouth. That was about the time I noticed my hunger fade away a bit. I can't believe this is really happening. My future is looking brighter by the day, though I know the road ahead is rugged.[/quote']

Liquid diets always seem easier after 3 days. Actually most restrictive diets can put your body into ketosis. Ketosis also changes your breath and can leave a different taste in your mouth.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CGQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Flowcarbdiets.about.com%2Fod%2Ffaq%2Ff%2Fwhatisketosis.htm&ei=O-UAUMrcC-efiAe79pnsBw&usg=AFQjCNG7P7zRAPBRk1ZnR3rifgxe1pcUVQ

3 weeks . I start tommorrow

I have to do 3 weeks pre-Op and Im scared because I HATE Protein shakes! My Doctor uses Optifast and Bari-Essentials. Has anyone tried those? Which one is better tasting? I gag when I drink Protein Shakes so I have no idea how I'm going to make it thru three weeks, plus Post Op diet. Any recommendations on how to keep these down and make them palatable?

I begin my two week liquid diet tomorrow, my surgery date is the 31st. I swear, I want to eat all the way up to midnight.

15days prior to surgery. Liquid only ugghhh

Don't worry about the little faux pax of deviating from the pre op too much. Just don't do it again. There were a few people that messed up the day before at the clinic, they had to wait till last but they did have their procedures. Hang on you're almost to the finish line. Then you'll start the new race towards your great new bod.

I have to do 3 weeks pre-Op and Im scared because I HATE Protein shakes! My Doctor uses Optifast and Bari-Essentials. Has anyone tried those? Which one is better tasting? I gag when I drink Protein shakes so I have no idea how I'm going to make it thru three weeks' date=' plus Post Op diet. Any recommendations on how to keep these down and make them palatable?[/quote']

I recommend trying Isopure. 40 g. Protein, clear, no carbs and 160 calories. Has a bit of aftertaste but the grape frost isn't bad. Mybariatricpantry.com has single samples u can buy. Good luck!

Thank you I'll order some samples and try that!