Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September's Chat

Hey gang, just got an urgent email from Eileenie, she went to a weird thread in the food section and it hacked her computer and now she can't get back on LBT????

She asked me to notify a mod to tell them there's a problem, so Betty, just to let you know there may be a virus, per Eileen. I'm not going to go to her last post for fear of getting locked out.

Will be back later for personals..hugs!

Edited to say:

If you check new posts, you'll see one thread that says weird, just place your curser over the title to get a glimpse of the problem, the other says something about "hacker". I'm not going there, I chicken.

Good Morning :D

THE SUN IS OUT ......... WHOLEY SCHMOLEY BATMAN!!!

Pat thanks for notifying everyone... DH did a big ol clean up on my PC. Every time I logged into LTB I got kicked off and into some foreign sight that said "HACKED" oy vey... teaches me to be a smart ass huh. The post was in the food section and it was foreign, so I typed in 'Oh yes I eat that all the time, enjoy' just being a smartie... and poof !!! hacked.

Sorry I wasn't on much yesterday, when I got back from food shopping DH cut the tip of his finger off... just the skin... so back to the hospital we went (urgent care) for a few hours, then I took a nap and got up around 4 pm.... made some swedish meat balls that were good, I have to say *pat pat* then just surfed the net after all the dishes were done, to pooped to really read. I did redesign my "myspace" and put some really cool pictures of old movie stars on it. We got so much freakin rain it isn't funny, DH is draining the pool now b/c its filled to the top... and ice cold might I add :D

Mary, good to see YOUR in a wonderful place with your weight.. I believe thats where we all want to be...congratulations. I'm sorry to hear about your brother, dad and aunt.... geepers kiddo :) Glad the kids are in school and things are looking up.

Cindy family is never easy, especially when it comes to money...you really see the type of people they are when it comes to that. I'm sorry you have to deal with that childish crap.... but I know it will work out for you.

Kat congrats for signing up at curves. .... way to cool lady. I can't wait to see your pictures too :)

Sherry minestrone Soup is my favorite.... I got a recipe from some one who didn't exactly give me the recipie, he left out some things and the Soup is not the same... :o bastard LOLOL, so I am forever looking for that tasty minestrone soup... hint hint lol. I love a yahoo chat idea.... its more private, using the chat here, they can still read the transcrips...not that we would say anything BAD ROFLMFAO !!!!

Darcy I hear ya on the band issue.... but even with the band I know I have to watch my calories or I just won't lose.... same without the band. I admire people who fly by with the band, but I lost that momentum when my doc was screwing with my head back in January... he wouldn't give me a fill when I had 0 restriction and I said... well I'll teach him, and started to each crap and gained... now I can't get off that freakin rollercoaster... yeah, I taught my doc a lesson... I'm such a dumbchit. Hang in there dolly, we'll do this.

Annie bananie... WHOOT on the restriction. CONGRATULATION :clap2: Watcha doing this holiday weekend, anything fun and exciting?

Crispygal, I'm so glad you got your date... WTG.... bet your full of butterflies eh.

Patty thats so funny you have admission to the zoo's LOLOL. You know that recipe sounds great but what are the calories in that thing??? it kinda scared me.... 600 calories? I'm glad it is taking the edge off for you, I need to do something soon b/c my sweet tooth is taking over like godzilla.

Dianne, glad Lucy is home, awwww poor litle girl. So what are you doing now with her? special diet?

Okay girls, I have to run, gotta get ready to visit FIL in rehab (for his hip) I'm taking him some of those yummy meatballs I made, some buttered noodles and some acorn squash for lunch.

Betty Boop ! watcha doing?

Beanie where'dah go?

Elieen: I forgot everyone counts calories! I stopped doing that years ago when I became a low-carb addict. Lets see.... skim milk is 80 cal per cup x 2=160 then the Protein Powder is 110 per scoop = 220 and the slimfast was 180, so altogether is 560. Protein = 75grams! On a 1000. cal diet that would leave 440 for everything else. Being pre-diabetic I was desperate to stop the sugar blues/headaches that I was experiencing and this did the trick. Years ago when I did the medically supervised fasting program(HMR) I lost 25lbs. I looked great but felt light headed alot of the time. Finally figured out that I wasn't getting enough protein. It's one of my trouble points. Heck, its a stupid balancing act and I guess I won't know until I get there.... one day when I am the banded one. :)

The kids and I need to continue with our spring cleaning -- oh what fun! But as a reward we will get to watch a blockbuster movie that came in the mail. I hope to take the kids to church this morning. Channing is having trouble at school already with the adjustment. He is having some major self esteem issues and I am in search of our youth pastor to help him a bit. I also hope to find kids a church that also go to the same high school. Our neighborhood alone has 3 high schools, so kids are really spread out. Wish me luck, poor Channing was in tears Friday afternoon and doesn't want to go back on tuesday. :) Nothing more to report. Catch ya later.

Betty, I saw two threads, one marked "Weird", the other had something to do with "hacked". If you type in Hacked in search it should pop up. I scared to go there, LOL.

Good morning ladies,

On the hacking issue, I tried to log onto the site last night around 12:30 or 1, and it sent me to some foreign site as well. I think someone officially "hacked" the site. There are a few threads about it this morning. My guess is that will all the bullcrap that's been going on lately, someone decided to try and get some "revenge" on LBT. Hmmmm....

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday!

Chris

Hello Y'all,

Sorry I haven't even gotten around to reading all the posts, so I am not even going to try to do any personals today. Maybe later I will, but I just wanted to stop and say hello.

I have let all my work go for the last week, now I need to play catch up on my days off. UGH!

I did notify Alex that the problem was here, he said he will take care of it as soon as he had a little time.

Tomorrow I am going to smoke some turkey, brisket, and ribs, and maybe some chicken too. Then I won't have to cook meat all week long!:):D:o

I was going to do it today, but it is supposed to do a lot of on again off again showers, so I guess I will wait till tomorrow. Heck, you get a few days off and it's all overcast. I won't complain at all if it gives us some rain. A few miles from us got tons of rain! :)

Well, I am going to get off here and do somethings.

Later! Have a great holiday weekend y'all!

I got the hacked message last night too. I got it when I clicked to see more than the latest 5 posts. Happened twice, so I quit! I agree with chrispy...someone didn't like what happened. I will be pm-ing my email to several of you, so if something goes down again, or they shut down to "fix" the problem, I am not cut off from my friends!!!

Kat

Good Idea Kat.....I'll do that too. Would be nice for all of us to have a running list of emails just in case.

Whew! What a day!

DD and friend went to sleep about 1:45 AM, then up and took friend home around 10 this morning. Then lunch for my dad's birthday, then over to his house for "birthday pie." Oh, joy...a letter from my aunt. More accusations. Then over to FIL's house...he's having hernia surgery on Friday, and I am going to the hospital with him. I have sick days, and I need to use them before December. My MIL passed away about 7 1/2 years ago, and he is just now beginning to clean out her clothes...he is crying over it, and it is so sad. I am glad he finally able to take that step, and even though I have offered so many times over all these years, he hasn't let me help him.

A very emotional day...I am wiped, and probably need to take a pill or something or I'm gonna wake up with a big fat migraine!

I am very grateful to all of you for being the beautiful women you are...I very sincerely thank you!

Happy to here of your upcoming banding, Chrispygal...you're gonna do great! You have a great mentor in SherryW.

Patty, I can see how that shake helps you with sugar level control...I use Protein Shakes in the same way.

Kat, you are doing great! I know we always face stuff that we don't expect, and you have had your share in past few months, but you have handled it beatifully!

Pat, thanks for the warning and the update on Eileen...how is your house/dock?

Mary, how's it going? Any news!

Sherry, you know you are doing great! Had any better luck with the hard Protein? Did any of our tips help you?

Betty, you must be the best cook! My DH loves to use his big ol' smoker...and we were gonna do that this weekend, too, but - see 1st paragraph = we didn't get around to it!

Eileen...I wanna come have dinner with you! Swedish meatballs, buttered noodles, and butternut squash!!!!! Yummy, yummy!

Anne, Dianne, Donna, Beanie...I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!

Hugs to all...you're the best! Cindy

Hi guys, Mousecrazy invited me to join the group. Some may know me others may not. I have had my band just over a year (July 28th 05) and I am down about 75 pounds. I am almost at my new goal. I wanted to get to 135 but now I am thinking that 140 or 145 is more like it. I am from Chicago, and I am 28. I have a 5 year old special needs daughter so day to day is a bit different around my house. Hope I am not intruding, I just want a place to go for real support and friends. I guess I am looking for a safe place to be. ~Mandy

Welcome Mandy--you have been directed by Cindy to the best thread on the site. Safe, supportive, wise, amazing women..you will like it here!!! and we are glad to have you!

Kat

Thanks, I have been gone for several days, hiding under the covers. The fighting scares me. I gew up in a troubled home and it just reminds me of the poo being slung there. I'm glad that this is a safe place and that I am welcomed here. Thanks again, Mandy

Hi, Mandy!

I see that Mandy has beat me here...LOL! I was gonna come and introduce her to ya'll. I know some of you know her from the prayer request thread. She is a Disney freak like me and Patty...and her DD is a beautiful girl!

She's a great gal, and I know ya'll will love her.

Mandy, read through our "past"...we have threads for every month, starting up about a year ago, I think!

I'm SOOOOO glad you are here!

Here is a pic of my new baby. He is right around a year old, he was a puppy mill rescue. He might not look like much right now but once his hair is back he will be a handsome little devil. His name is Stitch and he is about 15 pounds. He had to be shaved he was matted so badly, but he is really making progress in our home. He even let me hold him last night. He had never had any human contact before us. He has stolen my heart. I had to share him with someone.......