Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Next week I see the dietician again..and wonder if they'll do fill #2 while I'm there? or will this require another appointment? anyone know?

That's great! glad you got a good responce to the fill. Are you a long way away from the clinic? I've never had apt. that close together, so not sure if it's too soon. I always book Karen and Pam together because getting there is such a process. they always do it for me on the same day about 1/2 hr apart. I think it might be a good idea to call and arrange it ahead to be sure other wise you will be making extra trips. you should ask them.

:lol:Hi my name is Francyne and I live in mass, I was banded on 9/24/07 and I have lost a total of 82 lbs, my goal is 100lbs so I am al,ost at my peak !!!!

All my life I have been a large woman and fighting my weight up&down and I just decided that I was tired of being tired and had to do something about this battle, I was on the verge of the beginings of diebetes, I was on meds for high cholesterol,back problems oh I could go on and on !!!!

i started wearing a size 24 clothing ,I am now a size 16! LOVE IT- LOVE IT. I am now MED FREE except for the calicum and the daily vitimins.

this was the best thing that I coould have done for myself !!!!!

Thank You For Letting me Join

Francyne :lol:

I am getting really excited to have the lap band done. my tentative date is July 22 2008!!! I just spent the last hour separating cloths from sized 20-14 into bins. i cant wait to start wearing them again. I have been overweight most of my 35 yrs. the last picture i remember of me being a "normal" weight was when i was getting on the shool bus for kingergarten. my friend told me about this site a few days ago and i just started looking at it. it is very informative. glad to see there are lots from MA on it.

I got my band last night!!!! Norwood hospital with Dr. Adam Glasgow!!!! I spent the night and was very comfortable, no I'm home and have no more morphine drip (I loved that thing!!) I'm on liquid percoset and its not as great, so I'm pretty sore, but I'm really excited! I can't wait to start loosing some serious weight!!!!!

HI Alison: I will hopefully be getting the lap band on July 22nd with Arthur. I think they are just great in the office. The girls are so cool and nice and know me when I come in. When I first started there in January Arthur had to go through a lot to get my insurance to even consider me for the band. I was so upset. Of course the denied me first and since then i have had to go to the nutritionist twice with one more scheduled for june. I did the sleep study and of course had to go back a second time for the cpap. i got that last week and i hate it. i have been trying to use it the best i can but it gives me a headache when i take it off and i just cant sleep with it on. My friend is getting banded on Tuesday June 3rd!! we were hoping to be closer in dates but my insurance is putting up a stink so i will be a month and a half behind her. I was glad to read they gave you some pain med to go home on. How was the 10 day liquid diet? My friend is doing ok. she said she is really starting to get tired. I am NOT looking forward to that. I work in a call center and everyone eats all day so it should be an interesting 10 days when it is my turn. Hope you dont mind the long reply but i am just so excited for you!!! When i met with dr newman he said this was gonna be the best thing for me. I just cant wait. it is hard to keep it in a day. How long did you have to wait from the initial visit to being banded? well i think this is long enough. I better start the day. we are having a huge cookout on sunday and have a TON of things to do. Hope you have a good day and are feeling good. Take care.

Thanks Rena!!! I only met Dr. Arthur once back in September at the seminar, but I have heard nothing but good things, and of course I'm sure his son Adam takes after him, and that is who I have been seeing. I also think they might assist each other on surgeries.

My schedual was like this... I went to a seminar with my mom in the end of September, it was really the first bit of exposure to the lap band system, so I spent the next few months doing my own research. I finally made the call towards the end of February, and had an appointment schedualed for about a month away. I had my first consultation March 26th, I had my nutritionist appointment on April 10th, my PCP appointment and the sleep study on April 17th, then bloodwork and the psych eval on the 18th! I also had school and work on both those days, so they were really hectic!!! I went back in for my second consultation on May 12th, where I was schedualed for my pre-op testing at Norwood Hospital on May 21st and my surgery on May 29th!!! I have BCBS so getting covered was never an issue. So it took about 2 months from my first appointment with Dr. Adam to my actual surgery. The 10 day diet was hard, but I can't say I followed it 100%, I might have had 2 meals of egg substitute, a piece of pizza once, and a small plate of Pasta once, although this was all early on in the diet, I took it more serious during the last part of it. I am a banquet waitress, so I too am surrounded by food whenever I'm at work, but everything went fine and now I am just trying to heal the best I can. Good luck with everything, and have fun at your cookout!!! Keep me posted on everything, and maybe I'll see you at a support meeting sometime!

Edited by Allison

Hi Alison: I am planning on going to the next support meeting at the office. It is on June 24th. Maybe I will see you there!!! My next appointment is on June 23rd. I have bcbs of Minnesota and that is why i have to do more then if i had bcbs of ma. I think i told you my friend is being banded tomorrow. I am gonna go visit tomorrow after work. I want to see what the floor looks like too! Hope you had a good weekend and are feeling good.

Hey! I was feeling really nauseous and dizzy, and just started feeling better late last night. The staff and all the nurses were so great when I was at the hospital. I have another appointment on the 11th I think? I definately want to go to the meeting on the 24th, good luck with everything!!!

Hi - I am having surgery by Dr. Randall in 3 weeks - how was your experience with the hospital? how was your recovery? - glad to be in contact with other Mass. lapbanders! - Mer56

i have not been banded yet. i have a tentative date of July 22nd. i wish it was sooner. this heat is killing me!!!

Lahey Clinic Members???

I have my first fill at Lahey on Wed and I can not find for the life of me the info they gave me for the first fill. What are the dietary rules before and after a fill????? If anyone has a chance please let me know. I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks KIM

Kim:

I don't go to Lahey, but the rules are probably the same everywhere. We were told to eat light on the day of a fill. Then after the fill just liquids first 24 hours, then mushies for 24 hours after that, then solids after that.

Good luck.

Sue