Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Hi Melissa, on thur 3/6/08 my primary doctor has referred me to Dr. Fiallo. Will be attending my first meeting soon. My gf was banded 3 years ago by Dr. Fiallo and she has done wonderful (over 120lbs). Look forward to gathering as much info as possible. What is the turn around time from start to being banded? Thanks, Gayle

Hi. Just looking to find some friends in the area. I will be going to Brigham for the info session on Tuesday and would like to buddy up a bit. Like many I will not be sharing this news with anyone but my husband,who is being wonderful. It is always good to hear from others and I suspect I will need some friends. I am pretty darn sure I will qualify and do great with the procedure. Also pretty sure I will be a bit of a luna:thumbup::thumbup::whatchutalkingabouttic when I can't eat to squelch my emotions. If anyone wants a venting or support buddy ..email works...love and luck to all...

Welcome Suehobart...you've got friends here. I wish you luck on your Banding journey! I don't know which area in Mass your from but, we actually held a small support group meeting at my home in Taunton. We'll be having another one soon. We just need to plan a date :thumbup: You're more than welcome to come too if you'd like. We started it because getting into Boston isn't easy for everyone especially during the week. So we tried a Saturday afternoon and it seemed to work for everyone.

Speaking of...is anyone game again for this month? Say the 22nd or so?

Hi ..Thanks for responding! I live in Falmouth on the Cape so not too too far. Would love to come once things are rolling a bit more. Thanks..Wish me luck in the approval process. Anxious time right now.. LOL

HI Sue,

I live in Plymouth, just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Cape. I was banded last March but I'm having some problems right now with it so I'm not on the losing side. Please keep me posted on your progress!

Sherri

So, I saw the surgeon yesterday. The visit was almost the same as the first one 6 months ago. He said now it is all up to Health NewEngland, which can take 2 days or 2 months for them to approve, after that I will finally have the date that I have been waiting for!! Yaaayyy!!! Has anyone else dealt with health new england for approval??

Had to go today to get the CPAP machine for the sleep apnea that I hope I wont need for long!!

So, I saw the surgeon yesterday. The visit was almost the same as the first one 6 months ago. He said now it is all up to Health NewEngland, which can take 2 days or 2 months for them to approve, after that I will finally have the date that I have been waiting for!! Yaaayyy!!! Has anyone else dealt with health new england for approval??

Had to go today to get the CPAP machine for the sleep apnea that I hope I wont need for long!!

Hi Tammy, I went through HNE!! They did deny me the first time. They told me I did not have the proper 6 to 12 month care by a weightloss dr or something like weight watchers. I did do weight watchers and I continued to see a weight loss dr and we resubmitted after six months and sure enough I was approved in almost no time. Good luck with HNE! Be sure they have everything in order! Let me know when you from them!!! Maryanne

Hi Tammy, I have HNE but just started the process. My gf had the LB 3 years ago and she was approved immediately. I think from start to finish she was done in 3 months or less. I think the 6 months waiting and going to WW really sucks. If it was that easy we all go to WW and forget LB. Good luck, Gayle

I got my cpap machine on Monday, I feel better already C-

Hi!!! its so great to see all these new 'faces' in this forum.

My name is Mel, from the South Shore banded 11/13/07 at the Brigham by Dr Vernon. Havent attended any support groups at the hospital but I did met SherryW and the gang a few weeks ago.

The 22nd works for me SherryW dont know about anyone else

:huh2:

I work for Mercy Medical in Springfield, and have been attending the Comprehensive Weight Loss Program there since September. After you see the surgeon for the first time, he requires that you go to the program. Then, once approved by the psychiatrist, nutritionist, and nurse practitioner, you go back to the surgeon. The NP required that I had a sleep study and endoscopy, both of which I have done along with a ton of bloodwork and attended two preop classes.

I got the okay and went back to the surgeon this past Monday and got his ok.

I am hoping that all of this is good enough for HNE!!!

Hey everyone!!! I'm from Ma too, I have an appointment with Glasgow and Glasgow in Norwood in two weeks. I went to a seminar there a while back and they seemed great, I was just wondering if anyone here was going through the lap band process with them or had already been banded by them??? I'd love and appreciate any feedback :)

Thanks!

Allison

Hi Allison,

I was banded by Adam Glasgow on Feb 28th! You are getting involved with a phenominal team - they are OUTSTANDING! Great follow up, great care (they go the extra mile), returns on call calls QUICK......My experience with them is A++.

What phase are you at? Arelady go see Nutritionist? sleep Study? Physch? Blood Work?

Hi Allison:

I was banded with the Glasgows last July. I can't say enough good things about the Doctors and their staff. I can remember that when I started the banding journey with them I went to the seminar too. I can remember seeing somewhere that they treat their patients like family. It's so true. The office staff is always helpful. Both of the doctors are kind and gentle and genuinely care for their patients.

I'll give you a recent time that Dr. Adam's been so helpful. I had a bad night with abdominal pain that I thought was unrelated to the band. I went to my primary care doctor and she sent me for an x-ray, did some bloodwork, and said I'd probably need an ultrasound. Somehow, the x-ray results ended up on Dr. Adam Glasgow's desk as well as my primary care. My x-ray was done on a Tuesday. On Thursday evening I got a call from Dr. Glasgow asking if I was okay. I asked how did he know that I wasn't feeling well and he explained that he was provided a copy of my x-ray report. I told him that I was feeling better but that my primary care was doing some tests to see if it was an issue with my gall bladder. I told Dr. Glasgow that I would keep him informed of the rest of the testing. He told me that if I'm having a health issue that concerns me, it concerns him. I sent him an e-mail to tell him when my ultrasound was scheduled for. He actually showed up during the ultrasound because he was there on rounds and knew that I would be there. He discussed the scan while the technician was doing the scan. End result, I have a very caring surgeon that will be taking my gall bladder out in the next few months (hopefully not sooner).

Sorry so long-winded, but I want to give you a level of comfort in knowing that you've picked the right surgical group. I haven't had as much contact with Dr. Arthur Glasgow, but I'm pretty sure that Dr. Adam's been molded by his Father because they seem to be very similar, other than age.

The support group is great too because it's always so helpful to talk to fellow bandsters face-to-face.

I look forward to seeing you at support group some time. The next meeting is on 3/25. Will you be there? I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Welcome to the lap band journey. Mine's been very succesful so far. I live in Norwood.

Sue

Kimberly, I haven't met with them one on one yet, my very first consultation is Wednesday the 26th, so I am brand new to all of this. I'm glad everything went good for you! I'm so excited I hope this can really happen for me, what was your first consultation like?? :biggrin:

Allison