Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Thanks, I can't wait.

When you create one in the ticker factory, down the bottom it gives you some code (copy the one that says to be used on forums etc). You need to copy that and insert it into your signature under your screen name on the forum.

You go to the main page of Lapband Talk, click on your screen name in the upper right hand corner. Once that comes up, you will look for the customize profile link which is to the right of your sceen name. Click on that then in the left hand column go down to edit signature. You can then insert your name and hit enter then paste the code that you copied under your name and click save. You should then be all set. Hope this helps.

Good Luck and congratulations on your upcoming date!

HMBradley1965

I have BCBS shield PPO blue care elect and did not have to do a six month diet BUT it depends on the provider thru whom the insurance is provided.

to check all I did was call Blue Shield customer service and they answered if WLS was covered and mailed me a copy of my policy

Sherry how are you doing?

I saw the surgeon last tuesday and she recomended bypass for me I am a bmi 35 but she said it will help me resolve my diabetes and said there wouldn't be a problem getting approved for the procedure.She said that bcbs is one of the best insurances to deal with. I told her I was nervous about losing to much weight and she said if it happened It shouldn't by too much maybe 10 pounds and will be able to gain it back. I see the nut. one more time on wed and will discuss this with her she told me the same thing at our first visit and when I spoke to my nurse at the blue care connect though bcbs she said bypass so I am not sure which surgery I am going to have I really want the bypass though after that last nut meeting on wed they will submit me to insurance.

Hey Tinywishes...I'm doing ok but man oh man I need a fill :redface: Lost 5 pounds since surgery and put it all back on :) Praying I don't add more.

Did anyone have blue cross blue shield PPO blue care elect??? If so did you have to do a 6 month diet??? What did you need to qualify for surgery.

I have BCBS blue care elect. and Last year had the surgery in August. I had to complete all the stuff at the hospital and also a note from my PCP and my surgeon.

The rules may have changed but I didn't need a 6 month diet. Just a letter from my PCP that I had tried to lose and kept gaining it back over the years and my co-morbidity's were sleep Apnea and Type II diabetes. My BMI was 39 not the 40 that you need to get permission for surgery without the co-morbidity's.

I hope this helps

shamrockgirl60 you made my day I was told bcbs was one of the easier ones to get approved by because they would rather pay for the surgery than spend a ton of money on mediacation in the long run which if you think about it is a smart idea....I just need to make up my mind on which surgery I am going to have...Has your diabetes been resolved?????

Helena

Hey is anyone here attending the pre surgical classes at lahey clinic?

shamrockgirl60 you made my day I was told bcbs was one of the easier ones to get approved by because they would rather pay for the surgery than spend a ton of money on mediacation in the long run which if you think about it is a smart idea....I just need to make up my mind on which surgery I am going to have...Has your diabetes been resolved?????

Helena

I am down to one g pill a day and may be off it soon, my diabetes is pretty much in total control and may be gone by the time I am at goal weight .

Hey I am happy broke into the 60's now...LOL have not been this thin in 20 years.

Good luck it's really worth it.

Hey is anyone here attending the pre surgical classes at lahey clinic?

Hi I did and it's a great program. Everyone there is terrific and so supportive. I had my LapBand there. And am doing great.

See my ticker. It's one of the best programs in MA.

I also attend the Lap Band support group which meets the last Tues. night in the month. This month it's Feb. 24. At 6:00 in the lobby of 6 Central. I didn't make January meeting but will be there this month. Hope to see a few of you Lahey people there.

Good luck

Hi everyone! I just found this thread. I'm also from mass. I got my band 9-25-08 at The Brigham W.H.

I LOVE my band!

anyone know of any fill centers in MA? I'm finding it hard for me to get into Boston w/ all the winter weather.

Hello Mass Bandsters! I have been stuck at the same weight for quite some time. Not going to complain since I am doing so well, however, last week I went on a cruise and lost 3 lbs!! Holy Crap! I am so excited! Don't know if I got stuck in a rut and needed to switch things up or what. I ate very well on the cruise just more then usual. So maybe that was the trick. Also exercised a lot ~ same as usual ~ but did different types. So if your stuck in a rut like I was try switching it up a bit. Hope all is well with everyone. Good Luck! I am 13lbs away from my final goal. Had a blast wearing all my new size 4 & 6 clothes on the cruise!!!! :confused:

Hi My name is Regina from Weymouth, Ma. I am a lab band want-a-be :sneaky:. I have been over weight most of my life and have tried every diet around. I am going to B/W in Boston and Dr. Vernon is my doctor (She is great) I have done everything so far I am just waiting for the Ins approval I can not wait for my due date!! Thanks Regina