Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5'7"

Surgeons goal is 130.

I'm gonna try.... But I'm very muscular and busty and I looked damn fine at 145 (10 years ago!) so not sure if it's realistic.

But...... DOC is the EXPERT so I gotta shoot for what he tells me!

Doc figured my goal as "100 pounds for the first 5' and 5 pounds for every full inch above that." Leeway is +/- 5 pounds.

At 5'5" I'll be damn pleased with anything between 130 and 140!

CE

I'm 5;3, 260 pounds hippy and curvy

I am three inches shorter than you, but about the same weight. My doctor looked me in the eye, before I said anything, and flat out said if I was looking to be 120 or so to forget it . It is not reasonable- too hippy and curvy and it wouldn't look healthy. I agreed with him. He said a realistic target would be 150ish .

I'm 5'7" and my goal is 150. I'm average sized frame but pretty straight up and down and my boobs are heading south sadly...

I'm 66 in. and my goal is between 160-170, I have a large frame and you know sistas (at least I do) like to rock a slight thickness. I can't remember the last time I weighed that much.

I'm 5'3 and going for 140, wondering about maintaining that, would be happy at 150 I think.

At 5'5" I'll be damn pleased with anything between 130 and 140!

tabby

10-15 years ago i weighed 150 lbs,( I'm 5'3 ) - it was wonderful, amazing,,healthy and too short lived :(

7 months PO i weigh 155 - I'm gonna try and get down to 145-140 - but if i did get to 135 - (that wouldn't be too thin) I would make it to the century club. WOW :)

I'll see where the road brings me - whichever way will be fine, i"ll weigh a lot less then i did 7 months ago. :)

good luck to all of us

kathy

I'm 5 feet tall and 150 seems to be my magic number. I remember being that weight and I felt wonderful. I am very busty and curvy as well. I am almost at Onederland....and down around 75 lbs.

In 5'7 1/2 when have surgery my goal is to be 150 which my husband thinks that's way to thin which 10 yrs ago I was 180 and look damn good my husband think this is a better look for me I guess I go off of looks and how I feel when it happens ..also my husband like me curvy ...he really like my full face

Well, I'm 5'2", have just gotten under 150, and am FAR from ready to stop losing - I know that on my frame (small to medium), even at 130 I'm not going to be anywhere near thin (I know because I was there about a million years ago). The truth is that a few years ago I lost quite a bit of weight dieting and almost reached 150, but was a bit smaller than I am now (I can't fit into all the clothes that I could fit into them, but I'm almost there). So it seems like even something simple like basing your goal weight on a weight you've previously been at doesn't always work.

I'm actually aiming for - dare I say it aloud? - 105, of course have no idea if I'll actually make it there. But that's the whole point - everyone has a different body, different frame, different bone density, etc. so a weight that works fine for one person at a specific height might be totally wrong for someone else. I'm not going to mourn if I don't reach my personal goal since it's particularly ambitious, but I don't think it's a totally crazy goal either, based on what I know of my own body. Only time will tell...

I set my goal on how much weigh to lose short term until I set a new goal. Making a huge goal is too disheartening for me. My NUT told me setting smaller golas makes you feel accomplished compared to a huge one. I set 3 small goals.I first wanted to get to 200. Then I want to get to 180. After that I will set a goal with my Doctor's advice because I know I can get smaller than 180. Best of luck!

I'm 5'4'' and I know I can't possibly get to 130lbs (without starving myself).....I cannot imagine that at 5'7'', but we all have different body shapes. 130 would put me in a size 2. I'm 37yo and have had 5 children. There is no need for me to weigh 130lbs. I think I'd slap my doctor for suggesting it.