Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon Did You Try Guacamole, Salsa, Hot Cheetos, Doritos? Sorry I Just Had Surgery On Tuesday And Omg :o Im Addicted To All Of That.

I did smashed avos 2 weeks after surgery.

No spices- just smashed avocados and salt.

Sat fine in my belly

guitar819, my dr. said coffee after 9 days I think. You might check with your dr. but I never had any problems with it and I drink it everyday.

Spicy food is one thing, but stay away from Doritos and Cheetos.

There is no good reason to go through what you have gone through just to eat that stuff again.

Keep your eye on the prize.

I don't agree with this comment AT ALL. You can still eat those things but moderately. If those are your treats then those are your TREATS. You can't stay away from food that you love for the rest of your life, it's just not possible and an unrealistic expectation. You can still have Doritos, spicy cheetos etc just not every day and not in large quantity. I would say once a month for a treat is a good expectation. I can't really handle spicy cheetos to be honest and you will be surprised how much your taste buds change after your out for a bit longer. Those foods you used to love you will find you don't love anymore and those foods that you found you didn't like before you might like now....it's very strange. I began craving greek salad with grilled chicken and sliced avocado for like six months after surgery....but never craved my normal go tos and still don't....

I don't agree with this comment AT ALL. You can still eat those things but moderately. If those are your treats then those are your TREATS. You can't stay away from food that you love for the rest of your life, it's just not possible and an unrealistic expectation. You can still have Doritos, spicy cheetos etc just not every day and not in large quantity. I would say once a month for a treat is a good expectation. I can't really handle spicy cheetos to be honest and you will be surprised how much your taste buds change after your out for a bit longer. Those foods you used to love you will find you don't love anymore and those foods that you found you didn't like before you might like now....it's very strange. I began craving greek salad with grilled chicken and sliced avocado for like six months after surgery....but never craved my normal go tos and still don't....

I personally will never have those things again. The closest I have come is a few Trader's Joe's unsalted baked blue corn chips, but mostly I will dip meat into homemade guacamole or spread it on deli turkey and roll it up.

Cheetos and Doritos are nutritional zeros and are full of fat and salt and weird chemicals. When I splurge I do things like have whole wheat Pasta or a small slice of homemade bread (my friend makes the best whole wheat bread and adds oats sometimes of flax seeds). Splurge means a SF Fudgsicle.

When solids are okay have some carne asada with avocado, Beans, lettuce, salsa and cheese. shake on more Tapitio. Skip the tortillas. Try scrambled eggs, hot sauce and Beans. Just skip the masa, tortillas, bread and rice.

Cheetos and Doritos are gross anyway. If you start eating good, fresh food, you won't even like that crud anymore. It's not unrealistic to never have a fake nacho cheese incrusted Dorito again in your life. I haven't had fast food in 7 months. I don't miss it either.

guitar819' date=' my dr. said coffee after 9 days I think. You might check with your dr. but I never had any problems with it and I drink it everyday.[/quote']

Thanks bikerchick519, I will do that. Maybe i will give them a call tomorrow. I miss it, I don't drink it all the time, but when I want it, I want it. My brother is here visiting and made some, and the smell woke me up, and then I remembered that I couldn't have any. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

I personally will never have those things again. The closest I have come is a few Trader's Joe's unsalted baked blue corn chips, but mostly I will dip meat into homemade guacamole or spread it on deli turkey and roll it up.

Cheetos and Doritos are nutritional zeros and are full of fat and salt and weird chemicals. When I splurge I do things like have whole wheat Pasta or a small slice of homemade bread (my friend makes the best whole wheat bread and adds oats sometimes of flax seeds). Splurge means a SF Fudgsicle.

When solids are okay have some carne asada with avocado, Beans, lettuce, salsa and cheese. shake on more Tapitio. Skip the tortillas. Try scrambled eggs, hot sauce and Beans. Just skip the masa, tortillas, bread and rice.

Cheetos and Doritos are gross anyway. If you start eating good, fresh food, you won't even like that crud anymore. It's not unrealistic to never have a fake nacho cheese incrusted Dorito again in your life. I haven't had fast food in 7 months. I don't miss it either.

good for you....but you are not everyone....and I won't criticise anyone for choices they make to put things they chose into their body, it's THEIR body and no one can judge....put good job on the encouragement *applause*. I don't feel it necessary to beat anyone up for a food choice.....instead let's encourage each other to take it a day at a time....

not much at this point hun. I know you want to just chew on something....sugar free Jello is good, sugar free fudge pops. depending on your doctors instructions. At that point the only thing that gave me relief was low sodium broth....the cream Soups didn't do well for me at all. then once I could eat mushies I had ALOT of instant mashed potato....instant because they were much soupier than the real ones. I ate loads of yougurt, refriend Beans, hummus....it was a bad time for eating.....I think I walked around the grocery store and cried a few times....they have those single serving cottage cheese with fruit topping I could eat 1/3 of one of those.....I never did the Protein Shakes because they made me throw up....I hope that helps:)

Whatever's on your post-op diet for that stage.

So, I am 7 days after surgery what else can I eat?

not much at this point hun. I know you want to just chew on something....sugar free Jello is good' date=' sugar free fudge pops. depending on your doctors instructions. At that point the only thing that gave me relief was low sodium broth....the cream Soups didn't do well for me at all. then once I could eat mushies I had ALOT of instant mashed potato....instant because they were much soupier than the real ones. I ate loads of yougurt, refriend Beans, hummus....it was a bad time for eating.....I think I walked around the grocery store and cried a few times....they have those single serving cottage cheese with fruit topping I could eat 1/3 of one of those.....I never did the Protein shakes because they made me throw up....I hope that helps:)[/quote']

Did you get headaches?

good for you....but you are not everyone....and I won't criticise anyone for choices they make to put things they chose into their body, it's THEIR body and no one can judge....put good job on the encouragement *applause*. I don't feel it necessary to beat anyone up for a food choice.....instead let's encourage each other to take it a day at a time....

I'm just giving my opinion and it's pretty much backed up by science. That crud is horrible for you. Did you even read the post or did you skip over the fact that it was worded as opinion? Did I ever tell her no? I said that I would not. I'll stand by the fact that we as obese and formerly obese SHOULD probably not get back into the junk food habit especially in the weight loss stage.

We're all adults here. Do what you want. Have at the Cheetos. What I wanted was to offer an opinion. I just re-read my post and I don't know what you saw as judging and beating up unless examples of what I do and do not do are simply horrifying.

To me, empty encouragement without substance or guidance is useless. IN MY OPINION, it's would be irresponsible of me to tell a new WLS patient that Hot Cheetos and Doritos are okay. In maintenance maybe you could safely toss back a few, but even at this stage the thought of that makes me slightly ill. My tastes have changed and that is what this time is for. We are training ourselves on how to eat properly.

I was eating salsa in my refried Beans at mushees stage. i do agree with another post when they said why would you want to eat Cheetos and Doritos? Yes you will be able to eat those again sooner or later, but keep in mind the nutritional value and why would you want to get into that habit again? First of all no nutritional value and loads of carbs. Try replacing them with Pork rinds (no carbs). Also I was a Cheeto fanatic, and I don't keep any chips or anything like that. Now instead I keep Lundberg rice chips, (very good and crunchy and come in several flavors) and maybe a bag of Pop Chips. If i go to a Mexican restaurant, I may eat two chips max! You need to fill up on Protein first and mexican food has alot of protein, but if you fill up on chips and salsa first, you won't be able to eat your entree cuz there is no room! You will, find that you cannot eat alot at one time, and you can't fill up your small tummy with this junk food. You will be defeating the purpose of having your sleeve if you go back to your old eating habits. The amount of protein you eat has alot to do with the speed of your wieght loss and success. It's possible your sleeve may not even tolerate some of your fave foods now. i have seen alot of people on here say that, although that didn't apply for me. Good luck.

Italian lady, what did u eat 7 days post op.?..I'm so tired of broth, Jello, muscle milks, G2...

Popsicles are wonderful! And I made Icey SF Lemonade drinks!

I'm just giving my opinion and it's pretty much backed up by science. That crud is horrible for you. Did you even read the post or did you skip over the fact that it was worded as opinion? Did I ever tell her no? I said that I would not. I'll stand by the fact that we as obese and formerly obese SHOULD probably not get back into the junk food habit especially in the weight loss stage.

We're all adults here. Do what you want. Have at the Cheetos. What I wanted was to offer an opinion. I just re-read my post and I don't know what you saw as judging and beating up unless examples of what I do and do not do are simply horrifying.

To me, empty encouragement without substance or guidance is useless. IN MY OPINION, it's would be irresponsible of me to tell a new WLS patient that Hot Cheetos and Doritos are okay. In maintenance maybe you could safely toss back a few, but even at this stage the thought of that makes me slightly ill. My tastes have changed and that is what this time is for. We are training ourselves on how to eat properly.

I'm on my way to a master's degree in applied psychology. I would like to use this toward counseling people with food addictions/eating disorders. I'm thinking of this from a psychological aspect. I don't believe that setting yourself up for perfection is psychologically healthy, nor is encouraging anyone else to. In my experience the more you tell someone not to do something they will do it (Bobby, the stove is hot don't touch...what does bobby do? He touches the stove!)

I don't think a cheeto now and again is going to kill you, especially when you take in far nastier "crud" just by breathing in deeply. I didn't tell her to eat the stuff, I reassure her that her life is not going to change unless she wants to make that change. It is all up to us, what we want to do, how we want to manage. The first few months are the toughest, most challenging time both physiologically and psychologically, the worst thing to tell someone is that they can't do this or they can't do that and they should eat this or they shouldn't eat that. The most important aspect of this surgery is to have a healthy attitude toward food. I agree that taking in good things is very important from a healthy perspective; however you also have to allow room for being human, making mistakes, having a treat now and then and not beating the hell out of yourself for doing so. Food is not our enemy; it can be our friend if we allow it to be. So, instead of lecturing people on chemicals and garbage and what not it's better to encourage people with positivity (not empty positivity) but actual positivity to where they are able to be in a positive frame of mind, therefore when they become emotional food is no longer their go to, which is where the problem stems, not eating a few cheetos once a month. However, thanks for your feedback it was enlightening.