Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Got Surgery Date Of July 25Th!

I'm a day before you. July 24th!!! I'm so excited, this date cannot get here fast enough.

I had to pass all my medical tests before I got a date. Blood tests, x-ray, ekg and upper endoscopy. I also had to do a stress test because my ekg was slightly abnormal. The Upper Endoscopy was more than I thought it would be. It's a minor surgery with gowns and IVs and operation rooms and everything. At least mine was. It wasn't bad at all but you have to take a day off work.

Well, I'm six days after you on July 31st and can't wait. It's amazing how so many people from different walks of life can come together and share/support eachother because we have this sugery in common. Good luck to you as your journey continues and I'm so looking forward to seeing how we all come through this.:-)

Well' date=' I'm six days after you on July 31st and can't wait. It's amazing how so many people from different walks of life can come together and share/support eachother because we have this sugery in common. Good luck to you as your journey continues and I'm so looking forward to seeing how we all come through this.:-)[/quote']

I'm July 31st too!!! Seems so far away!!!

My pre admit testing is on Monday at 730am. I should get more excited after that :-)

How did Ur test go?

Kelly

My pre admit testing is on Monday at 730am. I should get more excited after that :-)

How did Ur test go?

Kelly

Actually I didn't end up getting it done until today(well yesterday 6/28) because they didn't have my Dr. in their computer b/c he is out of state and had to verify his credentials, etc. So I finally got it done tonight, bloodwork was a cinch b/c i'm an easy poke thankfully, and EKG and X-Rays took all of 5 mins each! No EGD or upper GI so my testing is fairly simple!

So excited for all of us!!!! I really just can't wait!

Johnathan

Well, I'm six days after you on July 31st and can't wait. It's amazing how so many people from different walks of life can come together and share/support eachother because we have this sugery in common. Good luck to you as your journey continues and I'm so looking forward to seeing how we all come through this.:-)

I can't wait either! It is SO EXCITING! I am so ready for this new life, I have wanted this for so long, to be healthy, to have a nice body that I'm not embarassed to show! My self image will be will get a big boost, I just hope I don't get a big head lol...I doubt it though, I'm a pretty humble person but I will be proud!

Anyway good luck & CONGRATULATIONS! Let's all keep in touch on here.

Johnathan

I'm a day before you. July 24th!!! I'm so excited, this date cannot get here fast enough.

I had to pass all my medical tests before I got a date. Blood tests, x-ray, ekg and upper endoscopy. I also had to do a stress test because my ekg was slightly abnormal. The Upper Endoscopy was more than I thought it would be. It's a minor surgery with gowns and IVs and operation rooms and everything. At least mine was. It wasn't bad at all but you have to take a day off work.

I wish mine was a day before me lol..I wish it was tomorrow! I would go in anytime lol

I am READY for this NOW NOW NOW! I really have no reservation about doing this surgery. It is going to be so life changing. I of course am a little nervous about surgery in general but nothing that isn't normal by any means.

Good luck on your surgery...keep me updated, especially after surgery if you feel like it & the day after before I go in for mine...we can heal together! I am curious to find out how your surgery went and how you feel the day after.

Johnathan

I have mine on July 25 too in Decatur Texas I'm so excited but still scared they are also fixing hernia too.... The egd. Its not bad at all that's when they found my hernia.

Congrats to both of you! So excited!

My surgery is a week from tomorrow, July 9th. I too am excited. I'm on day 7 of my liquid diet and it's going well. Each day gets better. I've stuck to it...haven't cheated. I also had to complete all pre-op testing prior to a surgery date. My surgery is a revision. I had a lap band in 2009 and lost over 80lbs until I had a complication and had to have it removed. I thought it could be replaced but that wasn't the case. After a year, I gained most of the weight back. My surgeon suggested the sleeve and feels I will have better success. I think I could have lost a lot more weight from the band if I didn't have complications but I'm so grateful that I have a second chance. Good luck to everyone here! God Bless you all! We're all in this together!

My surgery is a week from tomorrow' date=' July 9th. I too am excited. I'm on day 7 of my liquid diet and it's going well. Each day gets better. I've stuck to it...haven't cheated. I also had to complete all pre-op testing prior to a surgery date. My surgery is a revision. I had a lap band in 2009 and lost over 80lbs until I had a complication and had to have it removed. I thought it could be replaced but that wasn't the case. After a year, I gained most of the weight back. My surgeon suggested the sleeve and feels I will have better success. I think I could have lost a lot more weight from the band if I didn't have complications but I'm so grateful that I have a second chance. Good luck to everyone here! God Bless you all! We're all in this together![/quote']

Wow I hate to hear that! Must be hard losing do much and gaining it back :-/

Good luck to you!

My surgery is a week from tomorrow' date=' July 9th. I too am excited. I'm on day 7 of my liquid diet and it's going well. Each day gets better. I've stuck to it...haven't cheated. I also had to complete all pre-op testing prior to a surgery date. My surgery is a revision. I had a lap band in 2009 and lost over 80lbs until I had a complication and had to have it removed. I thought it could be replaced but that wasn't the case. After a year, I gained most of the weight back. My surgeon suggested the sleeve and feels I will have better success. I think I could have lost a lot more weight from the band if I didn't have complications but I'm so grateful that I have a second chance. Good luck to everyone here! God Bless you all! We're all in this together![/quote']

You will do great. Congratulated with your upcoming date. I have 24 more days and my pre admit is tomorrow so i hope to find out about my pre surgery diet then

I also wanted to say that I was going to get the band but decided against it when I did a lot of research on how many people are having revisions and complications, etc. I just didn't want to spend 10K and waste it if it failed after a couple years.

Anyway just wanted to add that

Johnathan

oh I want in!! My surgery is set for July 16th! SOOO excited. Y'all (I'm from TX) are lucky though because we have to have a cardiac stress test pre-op. Not just EKG but oh well, I'm jumping thru all the hoops!! EGD went fine, the drugs were great so I remember nothing. lol Good Luck all ! Very exciting and feel very blessed to have this new oppurtunity in life!! :P

I'm the 25th, too! In Portland with Emma Patterson. I'm a newbie here. (Still lurking a lot while I figure out how this forum works.) OMG, It's JULY 1st!!!