Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

I think you have a fill tommorow Wheezy?? Let us no how it goes, new building, new nurse, etc....

Not a new building yet, is it? Thought that wasn't until November. Hmm...

But yeah, let us know how it goes!!

I phoned the clinic today to make sure I knew where I was going. They told me that the move to the new building will be in December some time. I've got a long day tomorrow, I'm leaving at 8 am, my appointment is scheduled for 3:40pm and am hoping to be back home by midnight. My sister is coming with me so the day won't seem so long. I'm hoping that the fill will go smoothly and that I get some restriction because lately there's practically nothing stopping me from eating just about anything. I will keep you posted and thank you for asking.

Wheezy, let me know ALL about the fill! i'm going oct 12th. I was wondering if they were in thier new place too, thanks for finding out, saves lazy old me the trouble!

So I had my first fill, 1cc in a 4cc band. I thought I had a 10cc band but as Dr Mumford pointed out it is a 10 cm band that contains 4ccs. Next time I read something that small, I better put my glasses on!! It took several pokes to get it in. Boy, what a weird feeling, we could actually hear (and I could feel) the needle hitting the side of the port before he hit the spot. He pointed out that the part he has to hit is actually quite small and my port is very deep . He said that the port being deep is a good thing because as I lose weight, I probably will never have the port visible. (That's a polite way of saying Holy Cow you are still so fat!!) He always points out the positive side of things like when my stomach swelled after surgery, he said that it was a good thing because of this I should be able to find my sweet spot easier. I hope he's right because having a fill isn't all that bad but the combination of being 12 hours in the car and a 4 inch needle stuck in your abdomen is not exactly something I want to go through often.

As for the nurse (I forget her name) she seem very reserved, she's nice enough but it's just not the same in that office. Maria was so friendly, I only met her twice but I still felt a kinship with her.

I don't feel any different except that my belly is a little tender after the pokes but I really haven't tested it yet. I had a scrambled egg when I got home last night and that was fine.

I asked my sister on the long drive home yesterday if I looked any thinner yet and she said yes. LOL

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Wheezy. Just be careful when your eating. You may not feel much right now but with the right type or amount it could catch you off guard, and off you RUN to the bathroom!! I hope it's a good one for you so you don't have to return for a while!!

Thanks Cloe, I hope so too.

Well I had 3 meals today, I did feel a little bit more restriction but I expected more. I hear most people feel a lot of restriction right after the fill and them it loosens a bit. I hope that doesn't happen with me because I think I will be back for another fill soon.

How did you all feel after your first fill?

Give it a few days Wheezy, see how your doing. My band seems to have it's own personality. One day I can barely eat, next day....bring on the Buffet...go figure??

Wow thanks for all the details of your fill wheezy, tho the part about him poking you 4 times doesnt sound too pleasant! do you know if he gives everyone 1cc in a 4cc band to start?

ps. was he pleased with your weightloss so far?

Hi Neenaugh, I too got 1cc on my first fill. Sounds like where they like to start. When I went back for my second fill, Marie only drew out .8cc. So she said either she measures smaller and he's measures bigger or a bit of both, plus some will very slowy evaporate or something like that. Thats why I got another .5cc put in, but that only brought me up to 1.3cc's.

Wow thanks for all the details of your fill wheezy, tho the part about him poking you 4 times doesnt sound too pleasant! do you know if he gives everyone 1cc in a 4cc band to start?

ps. was he pleased with your weightloss so far?

The nurse (I still can't remember her name) said that they don't really expect any weight loss until after the first fill. Dr. Mumford said nothing about my weight loss. He did give me a lecture about how much I should be eating, 3/4 of a cup full, no more, so I've been very conscious about it. He told me to wait 3 weeks and give the clinic a call to tell them how I'm doing. About the 1cc, I really don't know, I didn't ask if everyone starts out with that amount, but judging by the others here I would say it's pretty standard.

When I asked Dr Mumford about getting my fills in Ottawa, he said "They do not touch you unless they get the OK from us" I found that strange because when I called the Dr. in Ottawa to see if I could get a fill there, there was no mention of getting approval from the clinic in Mississauga. The only reason I decided to go to Mississauga because the Dr. from Ottawa couldn't see me until the end of October. I wonder what would have happened if I would have gone to Ottawa? Isn't all too weird???