Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Green, good luck with your fill. My first fill was Oct. 5th and I just scheduled my second fill for Oct. 19th.

Hmmmm that is a good question Cloe. Will it ever go away for good? God, I hope so....but I fear not. Like you, my feelings for the food have also decreased a lot...but I most certainly do have them.

Yasmina, sometimes I feel like eating a lot (but I can't, because of the band)....but admittedly my cravings don't last as long and I don't get them as much (but I do have to fight them when they rear up). Other times, I don't feel like eating at all (but I force myself to). In some way, food has lost its appeal to me...and then in other ways I find myself obsessing about it more than I ever did!!

Go figure.

I'm still happy with my band though!

Yasmina, sometimes I feel like eating a lot (but I can't, because of the band)....but admittedly my cravings don't last as long and I don't get them as much (but I do have to fight them when they rear up). Other times, I don't feel like eating at all (but I force myself to). In some way, food has lost its appeal to me...and then in other ways I find myself obsessing about it more than I ever did!!

I totally agree with all this. Food has lost (alot of) its appeal to me. Sometimes I want it, some times I could care less, and only eat cause I should. Sometimes it feels like its more trouble than its worth. I almost feel like I need to eat only the best tasting stuff, cause I have so little of it, it better be damn good!

I had a huge craving for toast with Peanut Butter the other day... I took a couple bites, it wasn't going down too well, so I licked the melted peanut butter off. :omg: LOL

LOL.....sucking off the Peanut Butter.< /p>

I'm glad to hear it's not just me with the cravings. I guess cravings are just a fact of life. Thinking about it the other day I was realizing that even my skinny friends have cravings. So again I was reminding myself not to beat memyself up to bad when I do induldge. Maybe thats the key. Maybe that is the difference between skinny girls and us. We continue to beat ourselves up over eating (and everything else), then of course keep eating. Just kinda thinking out loud here, what do you think??

You are so right Cloe, whether we admit it or not there are psychological issues about how we became the way we are. We collectively as a group are fighting as hard as we can to kill the demons. If we could only stop Beating ourselves up!!!

By the way isn't always the parent's fault that we are the way we are....... At least that's what my daughter tells me. And the cycle perpetuates.

Just thinking out loud

It's weird now that sometimes I put my thoughts in writting..... This is PMS for me. What do you think? Am I nuts or what? I think so.

Green, good luck with your fill. My first fill was Oct. 5th and I just scheduled my second fill for Oct. 19th.

Thanx, eh. I am getting the fill on Tuesday and I need it because my appetite is back but I am dreading it. I hate needles and I am weirded out by the idea of PB-ing. Ugh! On the other hand, I am tired of being a fatso.

Thanx, eh. I am getting the fill on Tuesday and I need it because my appetite is back but I am dreading it. I hate needles and I am weirded out by the idea of PB-ing. Ugh! On the other hand, I am tired of being a fatso.

Green, I was banded before you and had 1 fill and I have yet to PB. I occasionally had the golfballing and it is usually at the beginning of the meal. It's a reminder to eat slower. So don't sweat it. It will be OK.

Whee?y <-- whoah, do you see that weird symbol where your Z should be!?! How did I do that!?!? LOL

Anyways... are you going back to Mississauga for your fill, or are you able to go to Ottawa for this one?

(umm... nevermind, you're all gonna think I'm nuts... it's just showing up as a "?" now. I swear it was another symbol before I hit the 'post' button! )

Mandi, I will be going back to Mississauga. I will do the trek because I still don't want to be the first for the Dr in Ottawa. The Ottawa Dr. was doing his first fills late October. I would rather drive the distance to go see Dr M. I didn't want to say how much trouble he had doing the first fill because, well.... I didn't want to dwell on the negative...but boy did it hurt!!! He had the needle buried as deep as it would go and even so he had to press hard to finally get it. I just don't want to leave it to a beginner. Hope this one takes.

EEEKKK, that sounds horrible!!! How come its so deep?? I've seen you and you are definately alot tinier than me? I know, I know, ;your gonna say the doc wanted to get closer to your heart, right?LOL

EEEKKK, that sounds horrible!!! How come its so deep?? I've seen you and you are definately alot tinier than me? I know, I know, ;your gonna say the doc wanted to get closer to your heart, right?LOL

Yeah....Yeah... Cloe, that's it. He wanted to get closer to my heart. Yeah, that's it. Seriously, I don't know why my port is so deep. All I know is that Dr M said it was a good thing (he is always pointing out the positive) but it's not so good when the whole needle is buried and it's still not long enough!!!!

Cloe, your are selling yourself short. I see what you weigh from your ticker and you are so wrong about me being smaller than you.

Wheezy... apparently mine is super deep too. Don't worry, when we're skinny ass super models, we won't need to switch our ports to the low-profile ones.

Supermodels eh? When we all loose all our weight, we should get before and afters and make a calender!!! lol