Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

I hear you Devana, I can't get motivated to exercise. I don't know what it's going to take. I am actually paying for a gym membership. I keep thinking that if I lost just a little more weight, I wouldn't feel so bad going there. Well another month has passed and I haven't gone!!! Bad Wheezy, Bad Wheezy!!! October is a new month, a new beginning. Right? Right?

It looks like since the band I now have a strange side effect. I keep repeating myself, I keep repeating myself.

I know, I know, it is sooooo hard to exercise!!! But I got to tell you. Back in August for the challenge, I exersized 30 minutes a day, and the weight definately falls off faster, and I felt sooooo great. Alas, this month my treadmill has collected dust:cry , but I'll climb back on soon!!

I had hired a personal trainer come to my house 3 times a week at 7 am. I did this for six months then she moved away:cry She said "you've established a routine by now you'll be able to keep going." :pound: Ya right good theory though! I needed someone to come to my house which forced me to get up earlier and tell me what to do and that the only time I was consistant for any length of time.

I don't like sweating on purpose. Unless I am sitting on a beach drinking a pina cola. mmm pina coldaaaa....

I hired a personal trainer a couple of years ago. I was with him 3 times a week and did 1 hour of weight training and 30-40 mins cardio. I also went to the gym at least twice more a week and did just cardio. I did this for 4 months. I felt better but didn't lose any weight Not only did I not lose weight I did not lose an once of body fat. He measured body fat before I started working with him, 2 months later and 4 months later. It was embarrassing. I had 44% body fat. When I get nervous or embarrassed, I usually start rambling, can't shut up. While I was rambling, I actually asked him if 44% body fat was a lot!!!! He had 12% body fat. UgHHHH

LOL @ Wheezy & Lila; you both slay me!!

For me...exercise has never been an issue....I always have done a ton of exercise (& still do). That was part of the problem and hence one of the reasons I was checked for PCOS. Despite a fairly active lifestyle and doing regular cardio/weight trg....not only did I NOT lose weight; I just kept gaining and gaining (oh, and I ate pretty healthy too). So the PCOS explained a lot. Maybe that is why I seem to be a bit of a turtle when it comes to losing the weight also. But....at least it's working to some extent.

For y'all who don't like to exercise; the trick is finding something that you LIKE to do...then it won't be a chore. Try different things and you're bound to come up with something!

Good luck!

I am just watching those maniacs on Biggest Loser. Too much sweating for me, man!!! That is crazy stuff.

Yoda, I must of missed something, what is PCOS? Does it have anything to do with cortisol levels? After my episode with the personal trainer, he asked me to tell my doctor about not having lost any weight. My doctor did some blood work, she told me that I had an elevated cortisol and that was why I was having trouble losing weight. She attributed it to the meds I take for asthma (the steroid inhalers) and did no other follow up.

Well, Mr Wheezy and I are off for the next couple of days. After a long summer and no time to have a vacation, we are leaving tomorrow to spend a few days in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. It should be beautiful in the mountains and it's up north so the foliage should be spectacular. Looking forward to some R&R and at the same time I can practice speaking French. Talk to you all when I get back.

Bonjour, a bientot.

Don't laugh. Well it's OK if you do. I am trying to figure out how to post a picture, I think I got that down. Now I am trying to make it smaller. What do you think? Did I succeed?

post-209814-13813134147043_thumb.jpg

Oh Wheezy....what a cute lil' chien!!! (Is that Gummy bear treat on the floor or did you merely forget to sweep!). LOL

PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

As tu une bonne petite vacances!!

:)

Hi I'm back from our little get away at Mont Tremblant. It was cold and rainy but it didn't stop us to do the things we wanted to do. Last evening after we ate we walked up the face of the mountain. We walked about half way this is where we were surprised by a 2 huge Water falls. I was beautiful. I struggled and had to take many breaks, but it was really worth it. We left early this morning 5 am because my hb has a golf tournament today. Can't miss that!!

Sorry about the humongous photo. It's my sister's puppy and thought I would use the photo to experiment posting pictures. The first one I tried was too small and obviously this one's way too big!!

Today is the last day of the month. So we all know what that means. Fess up, did you meet your goals? I hope you all have, I on the other hand, well... next month is a new beginning....

Total for September- gained 1 lb.

-exercised 3 times

Welcome back Wheezy....glad u had a great time and that the weather didn't stop ya!

Wheezy your pup is so cute!!!

Ya, those loser people on the TV are crazy. Nobody can keep up that exercise pace, it's craziness, and it's for ratings I'm sure!!