Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought cucumbers for my night time snack. I realize now that I have to remove all the sweets in the house. I am ok with it. I also decided to stop drinking liquids with artificial sweetners. So no carbs, sugar or aspartame like substances. It isn't that bad. Veggies are super yummy.

Yup! Apart from the occasional coffee on an early morning (with raw sugar) I'm completely on water! I choose not to drink my calories :)

OMG I am having a awful time staying on track..........I am 10 weeks post op have lost 55...but its stopped coming off........I am hungry all the time now.............I still have 45 lb to go..............

so sick of it all..............got to get back on track.........

OMG I am having a awful time staying on track..........I am 10 weeks post op have lost 55...but its stopped coming off........I am hungry all the time now.............I still have 45 lb to go..............

so sick of it all..............got to get back on track.........

Why do you think you're off track? 55 pounds in 10 weeks is alot of weight. If you're hungry all the time, why don't you add a little chicken to each meal? I buy a rotisserie, and I pull a few slices off with Breakfast and lunch. I noticed I have more of a problem with head hunger around dinner. I'm not really hungry, so I started drinking a shake for

dinner, and I go to bed an hour later, so I don't think about food.

This weekend I have watched myself get out of control. I am just over 1 year post op and look great. Not down to where my mind thinks I want to be but looking really good and feeling good. I really need to work on my mindset. I know that if there's something that is sweet sitting on the counter, I will eat it, even if I'm not hungry. I have asked my hubby to not buy this stuff because I'm the one that ends up eating it, and yet he still did, and I have trouble telling him no, to buying sugar free Cookies. So now I need to work on my mind and stopping thinking about food when I'm not hungry. This is such a struggle for me. It would probably be easier to have surgery on my brain. LOL Anyways, I am freaked out when I read something about our ghrelin hormone coming back and causing us hunger. Need to research this. Thanks for listening, tomorrow I will be on Protein drinks to get back to basics. :) Oh I am a terrible stress eater.

I don't think my ghrelin has come back. Mine is plain old fashioned head hunger. I am not even hungry, and I am thinking about popcorn balls. It's really hard. I wish they could have operated on my brain!

Concentrated Sugar does me in.....so just for today no candy, Cookies etc..bringing lunch for work, have my fage 0% for Breakfast, do put splenda in it-tired to stop artificial sweeteners-no can do. If I eat dense Protein I can avoid overeating aka eating sliders. I ate popcorn at the movies slider central!!! I do feel good about myself in spite of the struggles. Love this sleeve. On the plan run after work and do some weights. Plan what to do do what you plan

Hello all! It has been about a year since I have checked in on this site. I will be 2 years out in december. I still would like to lose another 30 pounds. The lowest I have gotten so far was 165. I currently flucuate between 165 and 170.

I have totally gotten off track! Bad! I snack, eat carbs, drink alcohol, eat sweets. All of the things I shouldn't do! I really need to get focused again! It is so hard though.

I guess the first thing was just logging on, finding this thread and reading what everyone else has been dealing with. I am comitted to starting again and being healthy. I have planned my meas out for tomorrow and my boyfriend and I have an appointment for a kickboxing class!

Meals:

Breakfast: coffee (need the caffeine but will be working working on having less), babybell cheese and a hardboiled egg.

Lunch:

Vegetarian chili 1/2 cup and babybell cheese

Dinner:

1/2 baked potato and 1/2 cup of veggie chili

Its a start. I know its not exactly what I should be eating but I need to start somewhere! Please help me stay on track! I can do this!

I am really scared. I can eat WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more. My hair hasn't grown back so a part of me wants to gain a little to maybe see if this will help my hair. I didn't weigh myself this Monday because I was so scared to see the scale. I am going to do it now. I probably get 1600 calories now. Sometimes more. That is alot. I am tall, but I seriously do not want to gain. I am going to get the resting metabolism test done. I just don't know what to do. I eat some tuna and then 2 hours later I am actually hungry. It seems to be getting worse. Nights are the worst!

June13sleever how far are you post op. I know that i'm 13 months out and I can eat more. I still try to keep my portions small but sometimes get hungry about 2 hours later. I'm trying to drink teas and more Water to balance it. I eat more when I'm home and bored. I am really going to focus on preparing my foods instead of eating out. I am also going to weigh my foods also. Now I'm getting back in the game to loose about 5 lbs so I will be at 140 lbs. I have started eating candy and it's time to quit that......

Susan, you look absolutely beautiful and skinny! Wow, your bike is gigantic compared to you! Love it...... :wub:

June13sleever how far are you post op. I know that i'm 13 months out and I can eat more. I still try to keep my portions small but sometimes get hungry about 2 hours later. I'm trying to drink teas and more Water to balance it. I eat more when I'm home and bored. I am really going to focus on preparing my foods instead of eating out. I am also going to weigh my foods also. Now I'm getting back in the game to loose about 5 lbs so I will be at 140 lbs. I have started eating candy and it's time to quit that......

I am 17 months out. The difference between 13 months and 17 months is pretty significant for me in terms of how much I can eat. Of course in the AM I can only eat like a little bird, but at night I feel like I could eat two microwave meals! I still can only get through a little less than one lean cuisine, but two hours later I am hungry again. I do try to drink which helps, but then once everything is cleared out...I wanna eat something! I just go for lunch meat wrapped in a piece of cheese. That seems to be working...HOWEVER...all of that eating adds up! The scale was only .5 pounds which could be anything. Maybe this is my forever weight :)

Yes it definitely gets more difficult as time goes on.

I've been trying to hard to eat right, but something always seems to throw a monkey wrench in my plans. Last night my husband wanted to go out for ice cream. That's a rarity but I did want to go and spend time with him, and I certainly could not watch him eat..

Needed some inspiration. Been rereading and catching up on posts. I have been doing fairly well need to get a grip before the month rolls out. There is way too much food at work. I hurt my leg. Was running very regular increased my mileage too much. Now I can't run!!! Bad combo more food less exercise. I eat too much in the evenings carbs. I really need to find a Protein drink or bar that I can stomach. I do believe I have tried them all!! now everything has inulin (chicory root) in it I can't tolerate it at all. Thank you for remaining on this board. I know I can come here and feel like I am not alone.

Going to log in more so I can keep focused and not gain. :o

What I do know is that without this sleeve there is NO WAY I would have stayed at my weight this long.

Dee

I've been doing better with my eating, but the scale doesn't show it. I've been eating carefully, not eating between meals and only one snack after dinner. I feel good about that, but I know I will not really lose any of my regain unless I am better about my exercise.

It's so hard when you get so much busier. I really should not complain, I guess. I've been the same weight for a year, so I am not gaining anymore. This must be where my body wants to be.

Staying on track is one of the hardest tasks that we have. I know that at times I am a Emotional Eater because I eat when I'm not hungry when I'm stressed about something. :(. However, I am doing some restructuring of my eating patterns. I know that if I eat till I get full, then my left side hurts so I try to stop before I get to the full place. So now I'am incorporating some other things in like taking the first few bites really slow because that's when the food tastes the best. After those first few bites, I am just sticking it in my mouth because it's there. And I'm also starting to put even less on my small dessert plate or bowl also. I truly believe my limit should be about 5 bites. I have been getting in more than 5 bites. I know that I have a fear that I'm going to get hungry. Reality check is that if I get hungry then I can have a piece of fruit then.

My fluctuation goes up and down on a daily basis. This is frustrating as all hell as everyone knows here. I love how people are very supportive and willing to give feedback and confront people when needed in a gentle way. :wub: :D