Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For The Love Of Crackers

I am on the search for cracker recipes to make at home in small batches.

I googled recipe for high Protein crackers and found this which might be helpful to you:

You can use any cracker recipe and replace up to 1/3rd of the flour called for with your choice of soy isolate, bean powder etc.

As an example a standard cracker recipe would use 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsps yeast and enough Water to make a dough suitable for rolling thin.

You could replace 2/3rd cup of the flour with soy isolate or any bean powder, cornmeal, oatmeal, amaranth etc.

Replace the Water with veggie juices also if you like.

Just get creative and go NUTS with experimenting! That's what makes baking fun<G>.

Oh, roll the dough thin! A Pasta roller is handy but a rolling pin works fine. To get an even roll wrap rubber bands around either end of the pin, when the band hits the work surface you're ready to cut crackers. A pizza wheel works quite well,as to ravioli wheels or any sharp kitchen knife. You can get round crackers by pressing a glass rim into the thin sheet of dough.

Bake at 350-500 until the cracker barely starts to brown. Cool on wire racks to insure crispness.

This is great, Amy. I would love to incorporate bean powder. Thank you for the idea. I am also a fan of oatmeal.< /p>

Earlier this week, I made a loaf of Tomato basil bread in my bread maker for my husband (I am not eating bread at this time, six months out), and I used low sodium V-8 instead of Water in the recipe, and he just loved it. Vegetable juice is a great substitution, and the low sodium V-8 is a great source of potassium.

Again, thanks!

I imagine this would be fun to experiment with. You could make crackers with all kinds of flavors. If you do this, will you make post and let is know what you used and how it turned out. I'm not so much a cook bit would be willing to try it. Especially if you or someone else here does and posts that it made good crackers. I love me some crackers too and I wouldn't feel bad if they were healthy with Protein in them.

Anyone else love crackers?

I haven't started back on bread (and don't plan to), except for a tiny crust crumb here and there, but I do love my crackers.

I am not going overboard, or bingeing on crackers, but I like to have a cracker at lunch time or in the afternoon. I usually have about 100 calories of cracker a day.

My absolute favorites are the Dr. Krackers.

I like the Wasa with some turkey and Laughing Cow.

I got some rosemary and sea salt crackers at costco.

I bought some spicy saltine-looking things that were made in the grocery deli, but they were oily so the husband ate them.

Just about anything whole grain with seeds.

I am on the search for cracker recipes to make at home in small batches.

I really really love the special K multigrain crackers. They manage to be salty and sweet at the same time. I put a tiny bit of Peanut Butter on them so that I get in some Protein too. 27 of them is something like 110 calories and yum.

Bake day old, dried bread in the oven with your choice of spices and you have a crunchy substitute

Brown rice crackers!! Small, thin, and a few won't kill your calories or carbs.