Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Post Revision - So Incredibly Pleased With My Results!

If you can, try to reign it in now. I had my Fluid removed from my band in May. I gained 10 pounds just in the couple weeks between the Fluid removal and the start of my preop diet. I feel/felt so disheartened by that. Try to still eat by "the rules" even without the fluid. I NEVER would have thought I would "miss" my fill, but I did because even though it never helped me feel full, it kept me from eating because of the fear of throwing up.

Good luck to you!

Thanks so much for sharing and I am now scheduled for surgery on Aug 9. so, I am getting excited and will get started on my pre-op surgery diet... Your story is an inspirations to me for sure....

Edited by ConnieSings

@Jane...

You look beautiful... I know you are thrilled with the wonderful results that you have...

God Bless You...

Connie- I gained 24 lbs from the time my Fluid was taken out of my band and when I started my pre-op diet. It was about 3 months but holy crap how did that happen? Oh yeah...but have been the hamburgers, pizza, ICE CREAM that I hate. It sure was good but I regret it now. I have about 3 more pounds to lose before Im officially back to where I was before the slip.

Connie- I gained 24 lbs from the time my Fluid was taken out of my band and when I started my pre-op diet. It was about 3 months but holy crap how did that happen? Oh yeah...but have been the hamburgers, pizza, ICE CREAM that I hate. It sure was good but I regret it now. I have about 3 more pounds to lose before Im officially back to where I was before the slip.

Well... Amber... it hasn't been 3 months with me and I am gaining daily... I am sooooooo miserable. I know it's a matter of time but, it can't come soon enough for me...

I was even thinking of calling and asking the dr to put some Fluid back into the band to get this under control...

I was even thinking of calling and asking the dr to put some Fluid back into the band to get this under control...

I thought about doing that, but I toughed it out. My doctor felt like it would be better for my sleeve surgery to have been unfilled prior to. His nurse said maybe two weeks before, but I went in a month before. It has gone fast, but the weight gain was fast too...

Hi, I am one week Preop from the sleeve,I also had the band for three years. So far down 9 lds

Oops meant post op!!!

Hi Carollee... Good news for you!!! Congratulations. I'm so glad that you happy with your results...

Do you mind telling me about your experience?

I been reading here about the unfilling before sleeve. Darn sounds like a good idea. I have my revision next Thursday. To late for fill. I am hoping liquids and not tempted to eating something that might get me stuck and irritate me before band.might help :(.

I been reading here about the unfilling before sleeve. Darn sounds like a good idea. I have my revision next Thursday. To late for fill. I am hoping liquids and not tempted to eating something that might get me stuck and irritate me before band.might help :(.

I think your band needs to be unfilled at least two weeks before your revision surgery?

I'm still filled and my surgery is the 24th and my dr didn't say I had to unfill??!!?? He unfilled it for my EGD and than filled it back after.

CowgirlJane - SO GOOD TO HEAR!! I, too, am a avid horseman, have been since I was 10. I haven't ridden in several years due to my work taking all my time and then of course my creeping up weight stopped me as well.

I just bought a new colt in April and I can't wait to throw a leg over him. I want to lose about 40 more lbs before I do, so I feel confident with my balance, etc. So I've just been doing ground work with him until then and am also waiting on my new custom saddle to be done. :wub:

I hope at 6 mos post-op I can be saying what you are! Congrats!! :D

CowGirlJane,

You look fantastic! And reading your post made me cry! I think we all know how deeply emotional the "weight" issue is. I am so happy that you feel "normal!" I want to feel that way too. I hate my band so much and I am very nervous about my surgery (one month from today). It is so encouraging to hear that you can eat, (gasp!), veggies! With the band, I'd be sliming till every last bit was back up. I love carrots, peppers, all the fibrous stuff... Congratulations to you and much luck in the future!! ????