Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Else Is On 2 Week Liquid Diet

I am still on full liquids until tomorrow. Then I progress to "pancake batter" consistency foods for 3 days. I have been enjoying Soups from Trader Joe's such as the Latin black bean Soup which is smooth with no lumps. It actually feels like I am having real food. They have other soups too (these are sold in a pourable carton). I have also gotten won ton soup & wedding soup (both strained) so I could have broth that tastes good. sugar free popcicles are also very refreshing to me.

Called my dietition this morning, she said not to worry about amounts of sugar etc ( with the exception of pureeing a mars bar) because we aren't getting the proper amount of calories anyway, if it was 1200 cals + 60g of sugar itd be a problem - but as is it's really nothing to worry about as we still need to function day to day

Thanks for the Optifast tip - ill have a look for something lower in sugar once I run out :)

I wish I was only on liquids for 2 weeks postop. I'm on them for 3 weeks. Thank goodness I nice to mushies next Tuesday cause I'm so over liquids.

On the sugar note, I'm not worried about the amount either. What you can have on the postop diet is so limited. I figure I'll adjust my diet once I'm on a normal one free of postop restrictions.

My Dr said staring Tue I could move on to phase two only 4 more days away can't wait

It seems like I was given a really short post op diet. 1 wk of liquids, 1 wk of puréed, then onto soft solids like eggs, chicken, and etc. Hmmm..

I had surgery 6.15.12. I had 5 days Clear Liquids, and 6 days full liquids. 2 more days an on to puréed. I cannot wait. I have puréed for 5 days then soft foods. Can't wait for regular foods.

I will be on Day 8 of my liquid post op diet Thursday 7/5. Our liquids are described as thin liquids (week one) and thicker liquids (week 2). I have been getting my Protein from the Bariatric Advantage shakes 2 shakes per day which is 54g of protein since Day 5 because I couldn't really get much down. Soft foods week 3 and Solid Foods week 4. The shakes keep me full and satisfied for now.

I had mine on the 25 I can have a anything that will go though a straw and Jello

i was sleeved on the 18th of june and have been on a liquid diet since. right now i am on the full liquid diet. i usually do a carnation instant Breakfast in the morning (either sugar free or with sugar), then Water throughout the day. ill have a yogurt or pudding both throughout the day and end my day with an Optifast Soup.

i find myself drinking a lot of liquids in one setting sometimes. ill get a full feelong but then a few mins later im hungry or feel empty. anyone else experiencing that?

Yes I do so I slow down on my Water

My surgeon's approach to the post-op diet progression is very conservative, and based on a desire to allow the sleeve sufficient time to completely heal, to allow time for the internal inflammation to resolve, and to avoid the possibility of stretching the new "baby tummy". He won't discharge a patient until they're able to tolerate "full, modified liquids"...all clear liquids, as well as things with a smooth, pudding-like consistency, strained Soups, etc. I'm expecting to be on "full, modified liquids" a total of 4-5 weeks (3 1/2 weeks to go), then on pureed/soft foods another 4 weeks. Only after both those stages will I begin to reintroduce "solid" foods...one item each day. I respect my surgeon's opinion and experience, and have learned to be content with the things I can have. (I've gotten pretty good at combining soups, along with unflavored Protein Powder, and ending up with very tasty, low-fat, low-sugar "meals"!) The only directions I was given, outside of the things included in this particular diet stage, is that my "food" choices should be low-fat, and low-sugar. The low-sugar guideline is pretty straight forward....no more than 8grams of sugar per 100 calories. For example, the regular formula Muscle Milk has 5 grams of sugar in a 180 calorie serving....that's perfectly acceptable, according to my guidelines. Wishing everyone great success!! :)