Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LDS Bandsters

Hi all, I am still in the research phase! Are you happy with your decision to be banded? This is way cool to have an LDS thread...makes me feel at home.

I love my band, it's better than I ever imagined and would recommend it to anyone. I've been overweight for all of my adult life and couldn't seem to manage this on my own.

Hi, there, Brother Miztrniceguy! :-)

I'm glad you are happy with your band. I'm just thrilled with mine. So far, it's been relatively easy and not too life changing, as far as what I can eat goes. But, I had another fill yesterday, and know that I will have to have really good habits this month, like eating slowly and chewing carefully.

Like you, I've told the whole world about my band. I wanted the accountability factor. If I tell people that I'm going to lose, then I want to make sure they can see it!

I'm glad that you are happy and doing well.

HOME!

Guys, I'm retired military and have moved over a dozen times in my adult life, thus over a dozen wards. Some were okay, while others were...well....I showed up...

{I go for the Lord...not for people}

Anyways, this past Sunday I went to a new ward, yeah, just moved again. It was like HOME....one I've never been to.... I felt so good there. The members were from all walks of live, very diverse. When the Relief Society roll and sign up sheets went around...a sigh of relief to know they have so many activites but only one, yes ONE- scrapbooking day a month!

Finally! Members who think like me! Don't get me wrong...scrapbooking is a wonderful thing.

But I don't own a glue gun and hopefully never will.

VG,

That's so nice to hear that you are thrilled with your new church home. It really is important to me how I feel in a branch or ward. I haven't yet been in one I hated. Sometimes it takes some effort to be happy, but there are good people everywhere.

i'm getting a fill thursday. hit the wall for a few months. 3 week wait at my dr's office for a fill.

I hope your fill gives you what you need. I'm still hanging in there after my second fill. It does make a world of difference to be properly restricted.

In regards to being home - I know what you mean about the different wards. I'm orginally from Oregon and my husband was raised in Utah and now we've been in Georgia for the past 14 years and that's been a struggle. The Church may be the same, but the people sure are not. I said when we moved here it was like moving to a foreign land. I'm in a fairly small town where most people are related to everyone else in one way or another which made it difficult. Anyway, there were two wards in the county and it didn't take long to figure out where we fit in the best. Sometimes it is a real test of faith to make it work, but fortuantely we did.

Now for the fills, I get one tomrrow and can't wait. I've only had 2 so far and am definitely ready for one. This month has been a real struggle. Good luck to all of you.

shinyhappymommy, i love your tag line "cookie monster tamed" boy oh boy, mine needs some heavy duty taming! I can't even get it to sit-- Therefore the research on the lapband. I'm a self pay so I'm thinking about Dr. Kirshenbaum in denver -- anyone here use him?

thanks shiny. i think this is my 4th fill. the amount is good for what i eat, but i need more restriction to help me stay full longer. easier to deal with not eating the wrong stuff if not hungry at all.