Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tiffykins! I Just Read One Of Your Old Post!

Really made me feel ALOT better! It was from April of 2010 when you were 11 months out and someone asked what and how much you can/should eat after 6 months out and you went into alot of details of what and how much you can eat and where and what you eat when you go out to eat. It WAS SO HELPFUL! I'm glad I came across that post. I'm alittle over 4 mo out and sometimes it feels like I can eat TOO much, but in reality it's 1/4 of what I used to could eat i'm sure or atleast 1/3. Reading your post made me realize I'm doing OK, esp since you have done SO GREAT! I guess the old thoughts of ...ok I've lost X now I'm going to gain it ALL back AGAIN! are hard to get out our old fat brains! I have lost 45 and have about 30 to go... soooo it's just encouraging to hear real ppl stories ...THANKS!!! :)

Mom - how would i go about finding that topic? I would like to read it too!

tHIS IS THE LINK AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK HERE IS MOST OF WHAT SHE SADI BUT THERE IS A FEW OTHER POST ALSO

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/4968-when-you-are-back-to-eating-normal-food/

I'm almost 11 months out, and this is what I ate yesterday. It was a crazy carb day, and I grazed quite a bit. A lot of my carbs come from the fruit juice and fruit Loops, potatoes with dinner and yogurt/fruit I ate for Breakfast. I do not eat like this every day. I actually keep my carbs around 80grams per day now. But, yesterday, I wanted fruit, and Cereal for some odd reason.

Breakfast - 1-6oz Chobani strawberry Yogurt, 3 large fresh strawberries

Snack - 3oz of teriyaki beef Jerky, 3 saltine crackers, 1- 2% extra sharp cheddar wedge

lunch - 1/2 peanut butter/honey sandwich on whole wheat bread (no crust), 10-12 tortilla chips with sour cream/salsa dip

Snack - 6 iced circus animal crackers

Dinner - 2oz of steak, 1/4 cup of steamed green Beans, 1/4 cup of pan seared new potatoes

Snack - 1 cup of fruit loops Cereal with 1/2 cup 1% milk

Calories - 1387

Carbs - 226

Protein - 84

Fat - 36

I got in about 50 ounces of Water, 8oz of the the grape juice, and 8oz of coffee.

I eat out 2-4 times per week.

Thai places - chicken Satay skewers with dipping sauce and I can at 2 skewers.

Chili's - my son and I share a half rack of ribs, I can eat 2 of the ribs, and a few bites of the various side dishes, we also share the Cajun chicken Pasta entree (yummy chicken alfredo with penne Pasta and grilled cajun flavored chicken breast)I also order the 1/2 order of nachos from the appetizer menu, I can eat about 3 of them with salsa and sour cream, I order and split the Quesadilla Explosion salad with the kiddo.

Mexican food - my son and I order beef and chicken fajitas for 1, I can eat 1 fajita with 2-3 strips of meat, loads of sauteed onions, sour cream, salsa and a little bit of rice. I do eat some chips and salsa before my meal. I may have a few bites of the refried Beans, but I like to save room for the actual fajita.

Taco Bell - Steak quesadilla with extra sauce. I can eat 2 of the 4 wedges, but I pull off the top of the tortilla. I wait about 3 hours and eat the other 2 wedges later. Or, I order a bean burrito with extra red sauce and sour cream, and peel off the extra tortilla that doesn't have any filling.

TGI Friday's - I order the appetizer course of Pot stickers/chinese dumplings, and I can eat 3 of them, the inside mainly, and the outside shell of 1.5 of them with dipping sauce.

Logan's steak house - my son and I split an 8oz ribeye and a few bites of the side dishes typically rice or loaded mashed potatoes with a green veggie. I typically eat a few chips with their spinach/artichoke dip before our meal.

Mongolian BarBque - I eat the thick egg noodles, with cabbage, snap peas, pineapple, bean sprouts, and chicken or beef. Covered in Mongolian and Teriyaki sauce, and minced garlic. Typically, the meat gets over cooked on the grill, so I stick to the noodles and veggies/fruit.

Chinese buffet - Spring roll (1 with the outer shell peeled off), peanut chicken, beef broccoli, General Tso chicken, fried rice, low mein noodles, and pot stickers again.

IHOP- sirloin steak tips with broccoli

Wendy's - baked potato with cheese/broccoli, small chili with crackers

Panera Bread - The asian fruit side salad (it has apples), broccoli/cheddar Soup, 1/2 tuna salad sandwich with chips.

Obviously, I eat a very small portion of all of these, but it gives you an idea of what I order and eat. Yes, I bring lots of leftovers home, but I make the meals last for at least 2 other meals/lunches, or even Snacks.

I rarely order off the kid's or senior menu. I know people find it hard to believe but I literally eat anything and everything I want just in small quantities.