Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Cobourn/Mumford patients

Anyone want to get in on a flower arrangement for Marie? Someone suggested it on the Yahoo group, and I was like "Yeah, let's do it!" and someone else was like "I set it up... all you have to do is..."

So, this gal found a florist that will manually take a credit card amount that you specify.. whether you want to contribute $5 or $15, and add them all up... then when there's a grand total, this girl's gonna go in, and pick out something SPECTACULAR ... or as best as she can get, with however much my we give... have it delivered to Marie at work, on the 1st, I believe... and take pictures of Marie and her flowers that day when she goes in for her appointment! Everyone who calls in their 'donation' will get their name on the card (or more likely, cardS) that go with the flowers.

I think that's AWESOME! I'm so excited to hear what happens, and see the pictures! She's gonna be so surprised, and I think there's gonna be alot of people getting in on it.

So if you guys want, I'll get you the number and all the information she posted about how to go about doing this. I believe it's Monday that we have to call in our 'orders'.

Who's in!?

Sounds great to me Mandi!! Just let me no the information I need. I still can't believe shes leaving:think :(

OK, well... even if Cloe, you're the only one one this board who does it, that's ok! If anyone's interested, here's the info. I wish I could have posted earlier, but this is the first time all weekend the board has worked for me!!!

If you want in on this flower arrangement. You must call this place tomorrow ONLY, and ask for Warren or Valerie. Tell them you are contributing to the flowers for Marie Pead.

Vine Floral

1 800 710 9054

Tell them however much you want to contribute. As much or as little as you want... anything will help get something bigger and better for her. They'll ask for your credit card info. Make sure you give them the name that you want put on her card. (just in case, say, your credit card is in your husbands name or something else)

So after tomorrow, the amounts will be totalled, and this Jen girl, from the Cobourn/Mumford and canadianlapbanders group, will go to that florist, pick out something great, have it 'arranged', and then bring it herself to Marie on the 1st. She'll take pictures, so I'll make sure anyone who wants to see gets a copy by email.

Alright, there you go. You have to do this tomorrow, and tomorrow only. It's a lot of work for the florist doing this for us, so they'll only take 'contributions' tomorrow.

Thanks!

I hope everyone who's wanting to do it, has, or does soon! Only a few more hours (I imagine) left.

I called mine in at lunch!

Thank you for the info Mandi, I called today with my contribution, I can not wait to see this floral arrangement, the florist said he was getting calls from all the place.

Maria:)

Yay! That's awesome! I can't wait either! When I called, he said I was only the 4th so far, but I'm hoping there's LOTS! He said he thought it was going to be huge, so let's hope :)

And here are the results:

I am just in from Vine Floral!!!

Thanks to everyone who called in and contributed to the flowers for Marie.

Because of the overwhelming response it was suggested that we go with a

"Planter" with flowering plants in it. Everyone who contributed will be put on

the card by name. There were 14 or 15 of us! I am not sure if it was 14 orders

and 15 names or 13 orders and 14 names.

Here is the breakdown

We had $180.09 to spend before taxes.

$29.95 I put towards a wall hanging/decoration plaque. Gosh I can't remember

the wording right now but it was pretty much about finding happiness and living

our dreams. I will make a point of getting a good shot of it on Friday along

with the planter. I just saw it and thought of Marie!

The remaining $150.00 will go towards the flowering dish garden that the

florist assures me will not be in a basket but rather a nice planter. She says

that it will be big! LOL I might have to find a big strong man to come and help

me carry it in on Friday.

The card will be a basic "best wishes and good luck" sort of thing.

Thanks to everyone!

So there ya go. $180 is pretty good! Stay tuned this coming weekend, for the pictures, hopefully!

So, Marie got the flowers. The pictures haven't been sent or 'uploaded' yet, but I'll be sure that whoever wants to see them, can.

The girl who brought the flowers to marie hasn't posted, but another gal who just happened to be in the office when the flowers arrived, said Marie cried her little face off! Awww!

I will let you know, as soon as I do, what happened. ;)

Hey Maria, I think you need to start your own thread. Like Maria's memos, or Moments with Maria. C'mon girl, get on that, K?

Cloe, and Maria, I sent you pictures... let me know if you don't get them. And anyone else, who may be silent on here, and donated to 'the cause' and/or wants to see the pictures, PM me with your email add. and I'll send 'em to you :)