Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I Could Trust My Husband!

I really wouldnt care if my husband told people or not I really wouldn't care what anyone thought. I would just love for my husband to support me with the idea of doing it period! He won't join me for any appointments. Or even ask how they went. He doesn't want met to do this at all. he said I'll look worse with all the hanging skin I'll have. He says ill gain it back because i have no will power. I cant understand that because i hadlost72 lbs. on WW a few years ago. My daughters are just plain scared for me to do it. My girlfriends just point out people that had some type of surgery andto look at the weight they gained back. They are also very heavy but won't think of doing anything. I just wish some things would go easy for me just once in awhile lol his support would be great and help me so much even before I do anything.

MGM I have to agree with a lot of people's comments on here! If he treats you that bad now....he doesn't deserve you! My ex-husband was just like that and I took it for 13 years.....and I finally had to decide that I was too good for him! I am now remarried and even though my hubby is skeptical and would like me to try other things instead of turning to surgery...I know he will be supportive and he deserves to have the skinny me too! Hang in there and love yourself!

It's so sad that physical abuse is grounds for a divorce but it's ok for a man (or a woman) to abuse the heck out of someone mentally and people think you should work through it,,work it out..I mean that's just crazy. I would rather be hit upside the head than to be beaten down mentally. I'm so thankful I have a very supportive husband. I'm so sorry for you ladies who are going through this.

I really wouldnt care if my husband told people or not I really wouldn't care what anyone thought. I would just love for my husband to support me with the idea of doing it period! He won't join me for any appointments. Or even ask how they went. He doesn't want met to do this at all. he said I'll look worse with all the hanging skin I'll have. He says ill gain it back because i have no will power. I cant understand that because i hadlost72 lbs. on WW a few years ago. My daughters are just plain scared for me to do it. My girlfriends just point out people that had some type of surgery andto look at the weight they gained back. They are also very heavy but won't think of doing anything. I just wish some things would go easy for me just once in awhile lol his support would be great and help me so much even before I do anything.

Wow! Sounds like you just have all kinds of unsupportive people around you! Girl you keep your head high! You do what you need to do to make YOU happy!

I just want to say in really sorry your going through this but you just keep moving along with it! Your gonna be so happy once you have your surgery! I'm 6 days away from surgery and so dang excited!

Good Luck!

Johnathan

Awe my sweet Johnathan' date=' thanks![/quote']

Hey MGM- I am going to NOLA on Sunday! Me and my best friend are gonna stay at the Sheraton on Canal Street and I plan on going to Willie Mae's Scotch House on Sunday or Monday before we leave bc she is supposed to have THE BEST Fried chicken lol yea I know but I'm still pre-op and seen her restaurant featured on tv and really wanted to go there.

Johnathan

drucella. everyone is scared that something will happen to us and that we will change and no longer love them. It is a scarey thing. This will work out and yes, you will change, they will be scared and they will try to pull you back to where you were, but they can't! you will blossom and get more confidence. It's a great journey. Sit back and enjoy the transformation. :)

Sounds like he may also feel threatened. You are going to look fabulous and feel great. He already knows he is a jerk. Let's face it, feeling good is going to give us all more confidence. He probably feels you may leave him afterwards.

I just want to chime in here. Whoa. 22 years is a LONG time for his family not to accept you. Where are YOU going to be with this guy in another TWO years? By then you will have your own body, and he will have to respect that you have not only a new body, but a new life. How much he wants to join in that new life will be a negotiated reality between the two of you.

Whether you let him back into your heart is up to you. You may have him in your life, but in your heart? That is a whole different thing. Whatever you decide, remember there is a BIG difference between love and trust. You may love him and go on with your life with him with forgiveness, but he will have to EARN your trust.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that he FORGOT. That sounds like the very FIRST topic I'd bring up with the marriage counselor.

As far as the mess with his family goes, remember that old adage: living well is the best revenge. Use them for motivation to rock that sleeve!!! Pulling for you.....