Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is something that I find that's changed about me. I look in the mirror now and am thinking, "OMG, I love this picture!" I do want to look great and feel great about how I look. I am 56 years old and learning to love myself for who I am. Please stay with the thought of being pleased with ourselves. If we can't,then who can. This is learning to love ourselves and seeing things differently. I love how your open and willing to share on this site. Keep it up! ;)

I got 11 years on you, dorrie ;). If I didn't benefit from these exchanges, I wouldn't participate at all.enjoying my appearance feels wrong cuz it doesn't fit with the old life style. That required me to be glad whatever I got covered me and looked a bit professional. That required that I not look too much or too hard at myself because I hated what I saw. If I confess I like what I see, am I hexing myself? How do people behave if they like what they see? What's required next? Should I start singing "what's it all about, alfie? Is it just for the moment we live?" I keep thinking its too gorgeous a day to spend inside typing and musing and I should be doing something more...I'm trying to come to terms with this new 'style'...if that's what it is

I'm constantly surprised and admit to feeling pleased, as well. But then, I say "so what?" And move away from the thought. I still have the task of filling the emptiness . Being ok to look at isn't a great big deal in the scheme of things.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6

I am hoping that this operation helps me to learn how to nourish my soul more than my body. Always trying to satisfy my body with material things like food just isn't working for me. The food and the clothes and the house and the car just don't fill the emptiness. Reading the Bible does fill the emptiness for me though. If I am feeling emotional about something but then read the Bible, the words in the Bible really do soothe me. It's amazing to me how reading uplifting and encouraging words satisfies my soul in a way that food and other things just can't. I have also found that giving stuff away makes my soul feel good. Sometimes when I am feeling particularly bad then I seek out something to give away and then all of my bad feelings will just go away. I don't know why that works for me but it does. Giving stuff away makes my soul feel better than having or attaining stuff does. Violin music also soothes me in a way that food never has. I guess that this operation is about finding new ways of filling our emptiness for a lot of us. What ways have everyone else found to fill the void since your operation? Seems as though a lot of people have turned to exercise and marathons.

Thanx...mean no disrespect...I know you quote it with the best intent, but scripture isn't something I choose to turn to. Glad it works for you.

Oy...I dread being able to eat more...losing the restriction will make me scavenge again. Please' date=' no![/quote']

I have to tell you, its hard. I can eat way more now at 3 years. I have to be very very careful. Its very frustrating.

I have to tell you, its hard. I can eat way more now at 3 years. I have to be very very careful. Its very frustrating.

Thanks. I am quoting this to my niece and begging her to be sure she wants to BE ON A FREAKING RESTRICTED DIET WITH EXERCISE FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE. This is why I say any WLS is NOT THE ANSWER.

I wish someone had told me this honestly before I had the surgery. I might not have done it.

Thank you for your honesty.

Don't get me wrong though. I can eat more than I could before, but there is no way way I can eat as much as before surgery, or as much as my friends who have not had surgery.

I don't really get hungry either. Head Hunger is something we all fight with, but at least I can't eat an entire pizza.

Don't get me wrong though. I can eat more than I could before, but there is no way way I can eat as much as before surgery, or as much as my friends who have not had surgery.

I don't really get hungry either. Head Hunger is something we all fight with, but at least I can't eat an entire pizza.

I fully understand what u are saying. Its not going to get easier...it will get harder and unless I can stay on this diet and if the last 67 years are any indicator, I cannot.

For me, I am learning true moderation. I don't want the words never, can't, etc. as part of my life. I want to learn how to just eat one cookie and be happy. I also know that this won't ever be the case unless it is only eaten as food and not to soothe any emotions. Will this come to pass? I don't know. I am a work in progress, but work on things I truly am.

I don't ever want to regain my loss and I still have a long way to go.

Oh, I also have a love/hate relationship with attention. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Like I am not worthy of it. Yes, yes... More to work on.

I haven't had my surgery yet but am wondering what psychological issues those of you who have had the surgery experience? I understand that a lot of people struggle with learning how to tell the difference between real' date=' mental, and emotional hunger. What other issues does the surgery force you to deal with? What is it about the surgery that causes some insurance companies to require psych tests?[/quote']

Yes , my fourth week after surgery I was full but still looking at food . And I only could eat a tablespoon of food and my stomach was full. I driving myself crazy I could not believe that's was all I could good eat .

Yes , my fourth week after surgery I was full but still looking at food . And I only could eat a tablespoon of food and my stomach was full. I driving myself crazy I could not believe that's was all I could good eat .

And now???

The depression is the hardest for me. I can for go the food aspect but can't get past the crying for no reason and being angry all the time. Going to GYN next week in hopes of getting the hormones under control and moving forward. Love the sleeve but I'm probably morning the loss of my life as I knew it before surgery. My poor husband thinks I have lost my mind.

The depression is the hardest for me. I can for go the food aspect but can't get past the crying for no reason and being angry all the time. Going to GYN next week in hopes of getting the hormones under control and moving forward. Love the sleeve but I'm probably morning the loss of my life as I knew it before surgery. My poor husband thinks I have lost my mind.

How far out are you? I didn't and don't take any meds for this. I'm just mucking thru and some days. Are better than others. It gets worse before it lifts a bit...I did tak atavan for a while...

Hormones can definitely run amuck, and mess with our emotions.

I was on anti depressants for years . I am happy to be off of them. I still do take ativan on occasion.

And now???

Im almost three year out . I can 4 to 5 oz it depends on what it is. I use to small amounts of food at a time now.

And now???

And when the weight started falling off I don't care about how much food I could eat. I was happy about losing weight.