Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - August 2006

Ok, this may be TMI but I went shopping last night. Took about 1k with me b/c I didn't want to spend too much on clothes when I am still losing weight.

I bought these sexy ass boy undies - lacy. I came home, put them on and OMG they look HOTT!!!!!!

I have an ass! What a wonderful NSV...roflmao!

Now I just need a full body tan and to drop the final pounds and schedule the surgery. Hello Mr. Tummy Tuck dude!

My parting gift to y'all before I leave for the airport...

I decided to try on my size 24 jeans this morning. The ones I couldn't wear anymore (when I started wearing size 26 jersey-type elastic waist things). Anyway, those jeans have tapered legs so the bottom hole of the leg is fairly small right?

So, there I am in the bathroom, telling Dawg "Oo.. I think I'll try on these old jeans. It might be worth a laugh." After trying them on and getting a good chuckle out of how HUGE they are on me, I get the idea to try to get both legs into one pant leg. I start putting my foot in the leg, I'm smiling from ear to ear because my leg went right in alongside the other one. Then.. trouble started. My foot reached the bottom of the tapered leg and I couldn't get it to go down any further. I'm holding onto Dawg, pushing my foot down and realize that I'm standing on the material with the foot that was already thru. So I let go of Dawg, pull up on the pants with both hands while trying to stand up on my tiptoes to get the material out from under my heel -- when I started doing a Leaning Tower of Pisa impression. :) Remember, both legs are in the same pant leg.. there was no putting a foot down to catch myself.

I'm saying "Get me! Get me!" as I'm going backwards. I let go of my pants and tried to catch myself on doorway into the closet but to no avail. I ended up in a heap of dirty clothes, laughing my ass off with Dawg really laughing! He laughed! Out loud!! :faint:

Ah yes, trying on those pants did indeed provide a good laugh.

Y'all have a wonderful weekend. I'll miss ya.

I love ya, lunatics. :D

I am back!!! After being out of work for almost a week with a nasty cold... I am here for a couple of hours....

Glad I found you guys!

Have fun shopping Paul. It is one of my favorite things to do.

I went to see an old Dr. yesterday that I hadn't seen in a while and told him about my surgery. He said that I would be doing great to get to 200 lbs, but he thinks I should be at 180. So, that is my NEW goal. I am getting closer. I wonder what size jeans I will fit into at 180? I am SO close to Onderland that I can almost taste it.

Thanks Gone for Gooders!!! You rock!!!

Mia...I read your thread - I was absolutely infuriated by your doctor.

Telly....loved your shopping story...but when you said you took 1k with you, I thought you meant $1,000. Well, that's what $1K is, right? I thought...that would buy a lot of undies. Glad your ass is hot. Yay.

Paul...ahhhh....the idea of shopping in a "regular" size dept....I'm totally jealous.

Have fun P'nut.

Pnut...update me please. I am 299.2 :( total loss of 73 pounds so far. yipee!!!!

Telly, I saw your pics in the other thread. So sexy momma!! I love that look for you. I am considering doing the same, my hair is falling out badly. But I am going to hold on as long as I can. My head looks so tiny with short hair... total pinhead LOL For now I am wearing a bandana everywhere. I have one in every color I could find, so that I am stylin. LOL

Huggles everyone.

hi Funny - welcome back - we sure missed you!

Paul - a sincere thank you - you are so kind - thanks for the encouragement - it's always needed! :(

Have a great trip the "P'Nuts"! I love that name lol

Telly - woo hoo on the cellulite free ass lol

Congrats to you Telly on the new undies!

Have a great trip "P'Nuts" - your story of your trying on the jeans totally cracked me up!!

Ok - I lose slowly - averaging 5 lbs a month - yep slow - but if I look at the long-term my goal is to lose another 20 lbs by Christmas for a total of 40 lbs (minimum) before I see my family at our get-together!

[278.5 started - 238.5 first goal]

Anyone else have a goal for Christmas???

My goal for Christmas is to be comfortably in my 2X's...I'm just getting into my 3X's now. I have a big wardrobe waiting for me to wear!!

You missed us, admit it.

My sunday weigh in showed me at 221. I lost weight while on vacation. Now that is wierd.

Hi all....

Has this web site been down to everyone? I haven't been able to get on for days. I missed you!

Going in tomorrow for my post-op weigh in and confab with surgeon. I haven't lost any appreciable weight since banded - which is a bit disconcerting, considering that my calorie intake has been less than 1,000 a day for two weeks. Ok....no whining.

Went to a real country wedding yesterday. What a beautiful setting. The only disconcerting thing was that the bride was the only person in the ENTIRE 15 person wedding party who was not chewing gum. It was comical....you know how when you're nervous you chaw chaw chaw on your gum? Well....the groom was chawing to beat the band. If I hadn't actually seen someone give him chewing gum, I would have sworn it was a "chaw of tabackie".

We then had a dinner date with friends. They took pity on me and got take out from our favorite restaurant, instead of actually going there. So I sat with them and had split pea Soup while they chowed down on filet and baked potato and salad. It was ok...I didn't suffer too badly. I kept thinking about the long term goals and got through it. Besides......the Soup was really good.

Gotta run...hope all is well with everyone.

Lyn

P.S. Welcome home Dawg and Nut....I bow down to you for losing weight on vacation. Pretty amazing.

Yes, when the site is down, we all go into withdrawal!!

Congrats on the vacation weight loss!! How was the airplane ride?