Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They surgery is unfortunately not a guarantee.

You absolutely should not compare yourself to your husband. All my husband has to do is add Water to his diet and he loses 20 lbs. I work out 5 hours a week and count every tiny thing that passes my lips and it took me MONTHS to lose 20 lbs (before surgery).

It is difficult to get in 2000 calories a day with our small tummy if you are eating the good stuff. Did you know that simple carbs eaten regularly actually makes us hungrier? Ladies in general need less calories then men, (it is totally unfair, but true). If you got off the weight in the beginning you just need a jumpstart and you can do it again! We believe in you and you came to the right place to vent. You should google "the 5 day sleeve test". It will help you get back on track quickly.

Omg you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look 20 years younger too!! You should be proud!

You guys look great! I agree with LadyIvy...you probably just need a little jump start and you'll be back on track. The fact that you're still trying and haven't given up is admirable! Good luck you guys :)

I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations. I have not been sleeved yet so I can not talk about much but I can say that if you are strong enough to have this surgery you are strong enough to get to your goal. If anything, I have learned that the sleeve is a tool and your success is dependent upon your use of that tool. The fact that your husband has had the same procedure is awesome because then you have the best support team living with you.

I hope you can find it in yourself to dig deep and achieve the goal you set out for in the beginning of your journey. In your photos you look great! You do look like you are 20 years younger. Congrats on that!

wow... thinner and healthier for sure ! You and your husband have transformed into different humans ! Incredible.

I am proud! It's nice to feel "normal". I no longer worry about being the fattest person in the room, not fitting into a seat, not doing things I want to do out of embarrassment, and the list goes on. I feel 20 years younger...I can only imagine what I'll feel like with 60 more pounds gone.

tntransplant06,

Lots of good advice and words of encouragement here. I think you are doing a great job and it's really good you are working with a counselor to address food issues. I tried hypnotism before and did lose about 20 lbs, but gained it back after I quit listening to my tapes.

I recommend using a scale to measure your food. It makes it easy and accurate. I just put my plate on the scale, hit the button that resets it to zero, then add Protein or whatever. I also use it to measure my yogurt in the morning instead of spooning it into a measuring cup and then a bowl. It's great for Snacks too. For example, I measure pretzels and watermelon with it.

I find I have to eat a high-protein diet to keep hunger at bay. At least 65 grams and sometimes 80 grams per day. Some of my fav lower calorie Protein Snacks are:

low fat cheese sticks

low fat babybel cheese

low fat salami

fat free greek yogurt

beef Jerky

costco roast chicken

98% fat free ham and turkey lunch meats

99% fat free beef chili

Best wishes on your continued journey,

Lynda

your jouney is not over. They told us we should lose between 70-90% of excess body weight the first 2 years. You've still got several months to go. I was sleeved Dec 12 and I'm in a stall myself. I am already up to about 1200-1300 calories, so yes, I can see getting up to about 1600-1800 when I'm a year and a half out. I still think that's nothing compared to what i used to eat in a day which was about 2500-3000.

From what I have learned, one must eat 1200 calories a day to maintain their weight. With some people, that might be more, some might need to eat less. This is not the fault of the sleeve. It isn't magic.

The sleeve is a wonderful tool. But our new tool must be used. If we are eating more calories than we burn, we gain weight. Also because we were overweight to begin with, we will never be able to eat like a "normal" person again. On average we must eat 20%.

I'm not surprised that your husband lost more weight. It is always easier for males to lose than it is for us females...UGH, thanks to hormones...and we woman just carry more body fat.

Have you tried beef Jerky? I don't know about all of it, but I know the Jack Link's that I buy is low calorie, almost no carbs or fat, and has 15 grams of Protein per serving. It fills me up and stays in my sleeve for much longer than fruit. I have never tasted beef jerky until a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to actually enjoy it. I like the peppered kind the best....nice and spicy.

Jack links turkey jerky has twice as much protien perserving than reg beef jerky.I love it

Have you though of doing Miss Diva's Bootcamp?

I heard it can help when you are in a rut

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/28139-the-basics-boot-camp/page__hl__bootcamp__fromsearch__1

tntransplant06,

Lots of good advice and words of encouragement here. I think you are doing a great job and it's really good you are working with a counselor to address food issues. I tried hypnotism before and did lose about 20 lbs, but gained it back after I quit listening to my tapes.

I recommend using a scale to measure your food. It makes it easy and accurate. I just put my plate on the scale, hit the button that resets it to zero, then add Protein or whatever. I also use it to measure my yogurt in the morning instead of spooning it into a measuring cup and then a bowl. It's great for Snacks too. For example, I measure pretzels and watermelon with it.

I find I have to eat a high-protein diet to keep hunger at bay. At least 65 grams and sometimes 80 grams per day. Some of my fav lower calorie Protein Snacks are:

low fat cheese sticks

low fat babybel cheese

low fat salami

fat free greek yogurt

beef Jerky

costco roast chicken

98% fat free ham and turkey lunch meats

99% fat free beef chili

Best wishes on your continued journey,

Lynda

I would add Jennie-O's Turkey Pot Roast. Discovered this wonderful food last weekend. Really high in protein, and so darn moist. You cook it in the microwave. it has a bone in it which you remove after cooking. Just simply delicious and very filling.

I think your main problem is too many calories. Try to stay positive, and cut the carbs. Eat veggies that add bulk if you feel hungry. I'm 3 months out, and struggle to eat 700 a day so my eyes are popping at the thought of 2000.