Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Nsv's - One Work-Related And Signifigant!

Two separate NSV's...

1) I work in an office but I also have to go out ito our warehouse area where we hold our materials and stage our packing, receiving and shiping. We produce in our Indiana facility high-end specialty metal alloys - lots of molly, titatnium, colbalt, nickel alloys, etc. These things are heavy (Imagine 60 lbs in an 8"x8"x8" box) and can be 30' pipe or 1" fittings. It was inventory this weekend and every ounce of this material had to be accounted for. I am the Export Supervisor as well as Logistics Coordinator and inventory control, so I wear alot of hats. Inventory is a very crazy time for me.

Normally this process KILLS me, it is too hot (It got to 99 here Saturday, which had the warehouse at about 106-110 depending on where you were. I used to not be able to tolerate the heat like that, and the warehouse is huge and DUSTY - the materials ca have 2-3 mm or better of crud on them - I mean crud, not dust - Houston creates moist crud, not dust! lol.

ACED IT! I had stamina, the allergies were there and bad but tolerateable, and I was able to get into nooks and crannies and in and out of tight spots - OMG! I bet I contributed to us being done in at least 2 hours or better than we would have, simply by being able to get in there an dlook around better.

2) I have apparently dropped at least a width and a whole shoe size. This happened when I went to get a new pair of work boots, and again with a pair of summer hiking sandals...Hubby was shocked....he was like - your feet are tiny! Well, size 8 normal width, which I guess is tiny for me. I did not know it was possible for your foot to get shorter! Will have to look that up! Maybe it has something to do with the arch, or the weight bearing on the foot.

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Wow - you have an amazingly physical job. That would be extremely tough for anyone in the BEST of shape. Congratulations on your huge NSV with work!!

I've heard other people say they lost shoe sizes. I only lost width, not length. You might be right that there is something about the arch. If your arch is higher now (due to less weight pressing it down) it would make sense that it would draw the foot up and in a bit, which would result in less length. Very interesting! Congrats on the foot front too! :)

Congrats!!! I think those are the best type of NSV's because they show how our day-to-day lives change after the weight loss. It's the little things that we deal with that were so challenging before. Its wonderful to realize you accomplished something that you couldn't before.

As for the shoes... my shoe size dropped! I lost in width and technically length. I don't think my feet are actually shorter, but rather I was wearing them too long before instead of going up in width. I think many people who have "wide" feet actually have double or triple wide feet, and instead of going through the process of getting fitted properly and trying on dozens of shoes in the "correct" size and none of them ever fitting... we just go up a size in length to make up the difference. At least that's what I think happened with me.

For me it was length, because I wear a steel toe/metatarsal shoe for work, and since I was diabetic I actually have them sized with an ortho doc...he was suprised but said some people will loose drastically in thier feet. My sandals are a similar story, minus the steel toes and meta's.

I am also down 2 glove sizes in bike AND sparring gloves.I went from a guy's xl to medium.